Author Topic: February 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 13165 times)

sworddude

Re: February 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2017, 08:21:37 am »
Watch out with those sealed ps2 games, there are some late reprints around from those hard to find games.

You are  right, However hack mutation part 3 if there was a reprint out there there would be massive amount like all the other examples also the price would be pretty low.

A UK versions or even any other versions are not readily available, even used they sell for 50 -60 euro's sealed 100+ for the UKV. Other versions are 50% the price aside that this copy had costed me nothing anyways.

Examples of massive reprinted games in PAL region:

Persona 4
Street fighter alpha anthology
Shin megami tensei digital devil saga part 1 and two
okami
etc etc

This one is not on that list if it was the prices would be really low like the others mentioned above.

Persona 4 is still 20+ euro's but only because the game is really sought after but it has received many reprints.

Especially the shin megami tensei digital devil saga games tanked in price those were really expensive games wich are now only 10 - 15 euro's or less even sealed. Devil summoner vs  the soulles army however remains rare and without a reprint.

Also I do know that reprints come with a lighter box, and you can check the packaging if the release date matches the box. if It's a reprint the year will be some years later than It's original release and in some cases different rating system etc. Also slightly alternate colour

If you open it you can also see the chance of date on the manual and the disc.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 08:34:11 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

abe

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2017, 08:34:16 am »
Got some good deals over the past few days. Aside from Akiba's Trip, I didn't pay any more than a few dollars each for this stuff.

-Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed (PS4)
-All-Pro Football 2K8 (360)
-Madden NFL 08 (Wii)
-Mass Effect 2 (PS3)
-Mass Effect 3 (PS3)
-The Munchables (Wii)
-The Street Fighter Alpha movie (DVD)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2017, 09:18:54 am »
Watch out with those sealed ps2 games, there are some late reprints around from those hard to find games.

You are  right, However hack mutation part 3 if there was a reprint out there there would be massive amount like all the other examples also the price would be pretty low.

A UK versions or even any other versions are not readily available, even used they sell for 50 -60 euro's sealed 100+ for the UKV. Other versions are 50% the price aside that this copy had costed me nothing anyways.

Persona 4
okami
etc etc

This one is not on that list if it was the prices would be really low like the others mentioned above.

Persona 4 is still 20+ euro's but only because the game is really sought after but it has received many reprints.

Especially the shin megami tensei digital devil saga games tanked in price those were really expensive games wich are now only 10 - 15 euro's or less even sealed. Devil summoner vs  the soulles army however remains rare and without a reprint.

Also I do know that reprints come with a lighter box, and you can check the packaging if the release date matches the box. if It's a reprint the year will be some years later than It's original release and in some cases different rating system etc. Also slightly alternate colour

Heel you can buy those reprint,  http://www.shop4nl.com/ps2

sworddude

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2017, 09:25:40 am »

Persona 4
okami
etc etc

Heel you can buy those reprint,  http://www.shop4nl.com/ps2

Thanks for the more accurate list

However I can't see a hack mutation part 3 or even the super common hack 1 or the less valuable makao demon sword in that shop.

Tha hack series did not get a reprint in PAL region.

Furthermore I am quite capable of detecting a reprint when I come across one.

There are ofcourse way more sources of buying these reprints,  ebay is full of sellers with sealed reprint ps2 games

That aside the value of a reprint is almost the same as a first edition, only for the true collector is it an issue.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 09:39:30 am by sworddude »

retrogemcollector

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2017, 11:22:56 am »

Warmsignal

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2017, 02:32:48 pm »
Since I removed the old pic (because it wasn't working for me), here was last weeks haul.

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2017, 03:26:27 pm »
Had some awesome pickups these past weeks in pretty excellent dea

I have aquired some strategy guides from deals for free all in nice shape

Pokemon battle revolution still sealed
N64 guides are always nice to find especially for good games

And were back to the real deals

First some mediocre but nice deals

kingdom hearts chain of memories factory sealed ps2
lunar silver star story excellent shape with cloth map plastics etc fully complete

65 euro's shipped, not a bad price especially for ntc exclusive stuff

Adventures of batman & robin Megadrive cib excellent shape  :D

10 - 30 euro's probably 20

A very nice price for this game. Bought two games for 110 shipped one being a cib castlevania the new generation, that's at least 80 euro's I have easily sold them without a manual for 60 a 75 each coming across multiple ones.

The adventures of batman & robin has risen in price quitte allot, was only around 40 50 euro's some years ago. Better late than never I'd guess. For sought after games high on my list I always try to fetch these deals. it's not free but 10 - 30 euro's ain't gonna break the bank.

Some game store deals not to many but I dont really care all for free cib and in excellent shape

oddowlrd munch's oddysey xbox
dynasty warriors 5 xbox
lost oddessey xbox 360
naruto ultimate ninja 5

Some normal deals

Ps1 deals for free
Discworld II cib excellent shape
Real bout fatal fury cib excellent shape  ;D

A collector who was selling stuff for 7,50 a 10 euro's a pop, also many 30 40 euro value titles  :o Thank's for the charty gifts I'd say. The cib atari jaguar games had box protectors so so yea a collector indeed. If more collectors sold like this It will take a while for deals to dry up.

I kept these for myself with no costs in the end from that deal

Oddworld gameboy cib
Mega converter
Super aleste lose cart spare cardridge fetish and i don;t have to many great snes games, Don't consider it a part of the collection though
Ghousl n ghosts sega master system cib

Some ps2 Xbox deals all for free cib excellent shape

Capcom classics collection xbox
Beat down xbox
beat down ps2
maken shao demon sword UKV factory sealed
Hack part 3 UKV factory sealed  :D

Some megadrive deal with some free titles for me

All cib excellent shape

Dynamtie headdy
Rambo III
Feary tail With the map

Some random deal with stuff for free

Unofficial guides times 3
Mystical Ninja goemon cib Gameboy
Shaodan philips cdi

A super Nintendo deal with excellent condition boxed copies for free  :o Has never been used inserts plastics were included, the reason why the boxes are still in excellent shape especially the chaos engine.

Phantom 2040
The chaos engine  :D

And than there was an insane deal Aquired these for free

Zelda oracle of ages cib excellent shape
Castlevania legends CIB nice shape  ;D

perfectly straight box nice sides even when holding it in the light, but some wear on the front, a bit below my standards for cardboard games but this one being one of my favourite francises and being really pricy even for bad condition boxed and being really hard to find I'll let it go besides the box is perfectly straight with no ugly dents

It really doesn't hurt to look at it still looks really nice. A free game is a free game I can always sell it some other day

Came with a small bonus not 1 but two manuals, To the untrained eye you might say who cares about two manuals, that being said a 50 to 100 euro manual is quite a nice bonus not that I paid to much in the first place really pleased I really could not believe this deal.

Also you gotta appreciate the artwork of real bout fatal fury ps1, in my opinion the best looking cover art on the ps1   8)

Serious question; how do you get so many rare, expensive games for free?

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2017, 04:21:58 pm »
Picked these up this week from goodwill:
Wild Thornberries Animal Adventures PS1 cib 1.99$
MX Unleashed PS2 cib 1$
Medal of Honor Rising Sun PS2 1$
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas PS2 cib 1.99$
Secret Weapons Over Normandy PS2 cib  1$
Socom 2 PS2 cib 1$
Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty cib 1$
Lord of the Rings Return of the King PS2 cib 1$
NFL Street 2 PS2 cib 1.99$
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas greatest hits PS2 cib 1.99$
Oddworld Munchs Oddysee Xbox 1.99$
Hulk Xbox .99$
007 Agent Under Fire 1$
Active Life Extreme Challenge Wii cib 1.5$
NBA 2k13 PS3 cib 1$
2014 Fifa World Cup Brazil PS3 cib 1$

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2017, 04:44:03 pm »

Picked up Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World amiibo bundle

sworddude

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2017, 05:13:23 pm »

Serious question; how do you get so many rare, expensive games for free?

Finding deals, buying multiple real value items from a seller when pretty underpriced or a lot for less value than it is worth. Buying game lots etc etc.

You sell the stuff you already have or have no interest in and depending on how great the deal was You'll keep some or all the stuff that you want and potentially make a nice profit. You can't go wrong if you have only paid for the worst scenario and if you know the bottom value. I also figure if the condition has potential to be in my shape, than again if not that's allot better for my wallet wich happens allot. most people aren't as picky as me the prices are usually the same since even great condition might not meet my standards.

Or in some occasions you pay an excellent price and make a small loss for an awesome game like I did this week with the batman & robin for only 10 - 30 euro while only having bought 2 games selling the other one. Such a small price for a sought after game I don't mind.

If you know where to look you can find great deals even for the really high end value titles like panzer dragoon saga if your lucky while adding them for free in the collection.

I guess many people dislike this way of collecting but than again I don't mind, thanks to this method I have aquired many high end titles and many expensive but also more common great titles, pretty much my entire collection. I mean great titles for older systems cib in nice shape aren't cheap. were not talking about common dollar items such as most ps2 wii and xbox games and currently many ps3 games.

Also having allot of patience and zero expectations come a long way.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 05:16:37 pm by sworddude »

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2017, 01:32:24 pm »

Princess Maker 5 Limited Edition on PS2 for about $25

tripredacus

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2017, 04:56:59 pm »

Not everything is fun and games. The PC items won't get put into the DB, but will be used for gaming purposes in the future.
IBM keyboard PS/2
AT&T keyboard PS/2

This video card (Intergraph Intense 3D Pro 2200S) original MSRP somewhere low 4 figures, believe the add-on card is texture memory. Untested.
the PC software boxes are sealed.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2017, 12:45:10 am »
Can we remove embeded pictures when quoting quys and gals? Takes up a lot of space with the same pictures for us viewing on mobile :(

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2017, 10:20:07 am »
I haven't bought a game in 2017.  It's kind of sad.  I just can't find anything I want. 

Because I had the itch, I went out this weekend and ended up buying some Game Gear stuff for a buddy.  It's fun to hunt and learn again.

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2017, 10:55:43 am »
Picked these up this week from goodwill:
Wild Thornberries Animal Adventures PS1 cib 1.99$
MX Unleashed PS2 cib 1$
Medal of Honor Rising Sun PS2 1$
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas PS2 cib 1.99$
Secret Weapons Over Normandy PS2 cib  1$
Socom 2 PS2 cib 1$
Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty cib 1$
Lord of the Rings Return of the King PS2 cib 1$
NFL Street 2 PS2 cib 1.99$