Author Topic: What is a console in your collection that is underplayed?  (Read 2361 times)

What is a console in your collection that is underplayed?
« on: February 09, 2017, 09:45:48 am »
Do you have a console that many people love but you seem to never find the time to play or try much of its library?  Do you ever want to blow some dust off a console but get to involved with others  :).     

For me the Atari 2600 is one of my favorites that I was able to collect and I love the nostalgia but it doesn't get much love among the others.  I usually find myself showing it more than playing it. I try to make a conscious effort to get games for it but than lose interest quick.

What console do you neglect the most out of the ones you have?

Re: What is a console in your collection that is underplayed?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 10:00:48 am »
By far the most three under played consoles I own are my NES, SNES, and Genesis, especially the NES. Sadly, out of convenience I typically bust out the emulators when I feel like playing any of these three consoles and with the exception of the SNES, none of them are currently hooked up due to space limitations. The NES is probably my least favorite console I feel is worth owning, but I still have a soft spot for it. I plan on getting flash carts for each of these system soon which will probably increase the amount I play games on them.

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 10:57:25 am »
Sadly, it is my N64. It was probably my most played system during its heyday, as friends would come over and that thing would run all night. But these days, I don't have too many friends over for N64 shoot fests/Mario Kart tournaments/Smash Fests. We always preferred Turok Rage Wars to Golden Eye, but that's a conversation for another day...

I still like to sit down and do a run or two of Star Fox occasionally, but that's about it.
By far the most three under played consoles I own are my NES, SNES, and Genesis, especially the NES. Sadly, out of convenience I typically bust out the emulators when I feel like playing any of these three consoles and with the exception of the SNES, none of them are currently hooked up due to space limitations. The NES is probably my least favorite console I feel is worth owning, but I still have a soft spot for it. I plan on getting flash carts for each of these system soon which will probably increase the amount I play games on them.

I can definitely see this, particularly once you've played through the titles you wanted to get through. I personally have to force myself to play it (NES), but usually thank myself for it later. I have like 4 versions of final fantasy I and at least a couple for Dragon Warrior I, but I forced myself to play them on the NES, and am glad I did!

kashell

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 11:01:03 am »
Out of all my consoles, it would be the Dreamcast. I have some games I'd like to replay on it like Grandia II and Jet Grind Radio, but other games and interests take over.

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 11:03:23 am »
GameCube.  I bought it for two reasons - Rouge Squadron 2 and 3.  Those are the only two games I've ever had for it...and I bought it at launch.  Having said that, now that I'm getting back into retro gaming, I'll be picking up a few more titles in the near future and fixing that problem.
He's no good to me skinny.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 11:05:02 am »
My Master System.  I have it.  It's right there.  I just don't ever turn it on.  I love collecting for it.  It's a really cool console.  It's just that when I get time to play a retro game or two, I end up playing something else.  It's usually NES, SNES, or Dreamcast.

abe

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 11:25:34 am »
Either my Genesis or N64. I don't have too many games for either, so they don't get as much attention as my other consoles.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 11:29:19 am »
I'd have to say Super NES. Growing up I missed out on that platform and never really got a attached to it.

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2017, 12:28:08 pm »
Top 3 most underplayed systems:
Genesis
Gamegear
N64

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2017, 12:35:48 pm »
My Atari 2600 and N64 were so unused that I sold them. As hard as I tried, I just couldn't get into those 2 consoles.

As for consoles that I still own, probably my Saturn. I sold most of my Saturn games to pay for an HDTV and an XBox One a little while back. So the only reason I don't play it as much anymore, is due to lack of games.

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2017, 12:54:33 pm »
Probably my Wii & Wii U. While I got both at launch and have a healthy game collection for them, they really collected dust compared to my 360/One.

I think the big reason there is that I've really gotten sucked into achievements, which made me want to game more on the Microsoft systems.

doafan

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2017, 01:11:46 pm »
That should be my Nintendo 64 for a simple reason and that's because I didn't owned one when I was younger instead of purchasing a N64 decided to migrate to Sony's Playstation then to the Dreamcast, Gamecube etc, etc in fact is one of the latest consoles that purchased and it's only at my collection because used to read the reviews that Club Nintendo's Mexico did for this, they always said good things about it so that's why I only have the basics titles of this one  ;)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

indenton

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2017, 02:18:20 pm »
Original Xbox, simply because it's broken down.  Got a couple of games I want to try out so I'll have to repair that soon. 

The Nintendo 64 doesn't get much mileage unless I have friends over, Bust-a-move 2, surprisingly the star of the show!

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2017, 05:49:17 pm »
Probably the Gameboy/color/advance and the DS cause I just run out of game to play! Definitely planning on byuing some soon tho =)

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2017, 08:19:13 pm »
I'd say it was a tie between the PS2 and N64. However I can't say that now because I gave both (small) collections the boot and sold them. Of the systems I own now it's probably the Genesis. I also have a Wii that I haven't touched in a while (which I may mod for the homebrew channel) and a PS3 which is mostly used as a Bluray player or to watch Netflix and Youtube. I don't count those as part of my "collection" though.

If I were to rate my collection from least played to most played it would be:

Genesis
Commodore 64
Colecovision
TG-16
SNES
GB/GBC/GBA
NES
Tandy Color Computer
Atari 800XL
Atari 7800
Atari 2600