Author Topic: What are some of the greatest finds you have come across recently  (Read 2446 times)

Like the title states what have you found recently that's made you pretty ecstatic?? For me in two days found Saturday morning rpg for ps4 an vita still sealed at a pawn shop for 20 an 10 an also dokapon kingdom for wii for 40 from a lady on offer up complete. Just started collecting games from pawn shops an offer up and it's been killer so far.

Agozer

Re: What are some of the greatest finds you have come across recently
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 06:52:40 pm »
I found the PAL version of the Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Wii in excellent condition not that long ago. In addition to that, I also found a specific PAL version of Xenoblade Chronicles, also in excellent condition. These two cost me a a fair bit, but much less than I expected.

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 08:14:21 pm »
I got a complete copy of Castlevania: Vampire's Kiss a couple of weeks ago for just over £100. Usually in similar condition it goes for about £300-400.

brunauss

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 03:15:50 am »
Besides the ridiculous deals recently acquired through Bundle Stars over the last two weeks, bought a mint condition copy of SOCOM US Navy SEALS: Combined Assault w/8MB memory card included at a flee market for 50 cents.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 09:23:52 am »
Best thing I found this year would probably be Simpson's hit and run on the gamcube for 1.99 at goodwill

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 09:38:03 am »
Who would pawn a sealed copy of SMRPG for both Vita and PS4?

Whatever.

I've pretty much stopped hunting for the past year, my additions to my collection are solely from video game stores and online.

I got Super Metroid for $11, I got Rayman for Jaguar CIB for $40, Contra: Hard Corps (missing manual) for $30, Super Buster Bros. CIB for $20, MGS Legacy collection for $5, Mr. Nutz for Snes for $25, Def Jam fight for NY PS2 for $5, .hack Quarantine for $70, both Echo night games sealed for $40 total.

All of this has been since November I think.

sworddude

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 06:47:42 pm »
Today I actually had an insane ps1 lot

I'll show my free adds later this week from that lot it comes pretty close to the megaman 4 castlevania legends cib gameboy haul.

Quite a bargain if I might add.

I'm pretty pleased with the results of also other deals made from last week.

Been having a blast as usual regarding finding deals.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

ferraroso

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 06:34:28 am »
Mine are far from being insanely good deals, but anyways...

In January I found a CIB "Rockman X4 - Special Limited Pack" for the Saturn for less than ¥2,000. It had some ugly scratches, but worked just fine and, since it usually goes for around ¥12,000, I think it was a pretty good deal.

Also, I finally got "Herc's Adventures" for the PS1, a game that I'd never played before and really wanted for a long time, for ¥950.

And apart from that, I got something that I never knew existed: "Ace Combat 3 DIRECT AUDIO with AppenDisc" bundled with a "Playstation - the Best" copy of "Ace Combat 3" for ¥250. It's a very interesting 2-discs pack containing the complete soundtrack, a movie player with all the game's cutscenes and a save file that you can transfer to the memory card and unlock all the planes. I love this game, so it was really neat!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 06:47:15 am by ferraroso »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 12:39:52 pm »
Didn't notice this thread until now.

I recently got a fantastic find, for only $20. Posted about it in the Recently Added thread, but it deserves a spot here:

I got a few other games with this, including Dragonball Z: Legacy of Goku (GBA), and Threads of Fate (PS1).

But this one is the one I'm the most excited about. It's been on my wishlist for YEARS after playing it at a friend's house as a kid.

It's not cheap (at least not in the U.S.), so it was one of those pipe dream games that I thought I'd never come across at a decent price. But lo and behold, I got it on eBay for only $20 smackers!

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2017, 01:03:20 pm »
Didn't notice this thread until now.

I recently got a fantastic find, for only $20. Posted about it in the Recently Added thread, but it deserves a spot here:

I got a few other games with this, including Dragonball Z: Legacy of Goku (GBA), and Threads of Fate (PS1).

But this one is the one I'm the most excited about. It's been on my wishlist for YEARS after playing it at a friend's house as a kid.

It's not cheap (at least not in the U.S.), so it was one of those pipe dream games that I thought I'd never come across at a decent price. But lo and behold, I got it on eBay for only $20 smackers!

Caught them slipping

kevininja

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2017, 01:52:05 pm »
I'm very happy for finding Castlevania (also known as Castlevania: Curse of the Moon ) for 30 euros last week. Goes for 70 around here, 30 for the cartridge only. I'll probably won't be so lucky finding the other two Castlevania GBA titles for that cheap :'(

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2017, 08:51:29 pm »
I haven't found much but I don't hunt much anymore. I really only go if I'm out on other errands, I don't make special trips but I'm constantly amazed at what others are still able to find. I sub to a fellow who goes by BizzNes17 on youtube and his finds are amazing in both quality and quantity.

kashell

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2017, 10:34:41 pm »
Like the title states what have you found recently that's made you pretty ecstatic?? For me in two days found Saturday morning rpg for ps4 an vita still sealed at a pawn shop for 20 an 10 an also dokapon kingdom for wii for 40 from a lady on offer up complete. Just started collecting games from pawn shops an offer up and it's been killer so far.

Near the end of December I found a super cheap (and complete with OST) copy of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. The price alone was great, but the fact that I got over 70 hours of game time in it makes me almost feel bad at how little I paid for it. Almost. ^.~

It's been quite a while since I found a game with such a lengthy campaign for barely anything.

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2017, 10:09:13 pm »
Lunar 1&2 for like 70 bucks together.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2017, 01:34:27 pm »
I guess it would be the unofficial tettris from tengen on the nes for 8 bucks, about a month back.