Author Topic: March 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 6331 times)

telly

Re: March 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2017, 02:55:50 pm »
Wii U Pro controller is just plainly a fantastic controller.  I have no good reason for having purchased as many as I did, but they work with the 8bitdo SNES wireless adapter

The only thing I don't like about the Wii U Pro controller is how the right thumbstick is above the face buttons. Maybe that's something I'll get used to with time through. They changed it back to the standard layout with the Switch Pro controller which I find interesting
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2017, 03:03:41 pm »
Wii U Pro controller is just plainly a fantastic controller.  I have no good reason for having purchased as many as I did, but they work with the 8bitdo SNES wireless adapter

The only thing I don't like about the Wii U Pro controller is how the right thumbstick is above the face buttons. Maybe that's something I'll get used to with time through. They changed it back to the standard layout with the Switch Pro controller which I find interesting

Yeah, it does make it a little bit slower to switch your fingers from messing with your camera view on the right thumbstick to the action buttons. I'm used to the PS/XBox controllers where that thumbstick is below the face-buttons.

But it is a small complaint, it's something I can deal with.

« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2017, 03:07:31 pm »
Not gonna argue, because that's all true, but the button placement makes it pretty great for retro games.

telly

« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2017, 03:09:19 pm »

Yeah, it does make it a little bit slower to switch your fingers from messing with your camera view on the right thumbstick to the action buttons. I'm used to the PS/XBox controllers where that thumbstick is below the face-buttons.

But it is a small complaint, it's something I can deal with.

Yeah, I can think of a couple examples where I appreciated having my thumb on the stick while being able to use my pointer finger to press the action button. Reloading while moving in Call of Duty and firing a missile while maneuvering in Ace Combat come to mind. Other than that, not a dealbreaker.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2017, 04:52:28 pm »
A Dell Inspiron 15 7567 laptop for when I go overseas.

This thing games pretty well for the price. Can handle  heavily modded Fallout 4 with a solid 40-50 FPS.

shepard11

« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2017, 01:02:31 am »
Did something I haven't done in a long time in the world of gaming. Tons of trading and when I look back at the trade didn't cost me much. Finally all my years of collecting Magic the Gathering and Comics is paying off since my gaming funds are really low right now (Stupid being an adult and having responsibilities).

N64:
GoldenEye 007 w/manual
Mario Kart 64 w/manual
Quake w/manual
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter w/manual

Also Got 64 Manuals for the following games:
Crusin' USA
Mission Impossible
NFL Blitz (which was the last piece I needed to complete my copy)
NFL QB Club 98
Rush 2
Star Fox 64
Star Wars Rogue Squadron
Star Wars Shadows of the Empire

PS2:
Psychonauts (CIB)

Sega 32X
Virtua Fighter

Sega Dreamcast
Standard Sega Dreamcast Controller (somehow mine got lost thru the years)

Sega Genesis
AAAHH!!! Real Monsters
Animaniacs
Arnold Palmer Tournament Golf
Art of Fighting (from a totally different trade)
Batman
Batman Returns
Battletoads & Double Dragon
Bill Walsh College Football '95
Cliffhanger
Cyborg Justice
Disney's Pinocchio (only not loose cart only missing manual)
Disney's TaleSpin
Double Dragon
Ecco: The Tides of Time
F-22 Interceptor
Frank Thomas Big Hurt Baseball
General Chaos
Incredible Hulk
Joe Montana II Sports Talk Football
Kawasaki Superbike Challenge
Krusty's Super Fun House
Madden NFL 97
NFL '95
NFL Quarterback Club
Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures (cover cracks me up everytime I see it)
Paperboy
Paperboy 2
R.B.I. Baseball '93
Risk
Road Rash
Road Rash II (Majesco)(didn't know this was a thing until today)
RoboCop Versus The Terminator
Slaughter Sport
Super Baseball 2020
Super High Impact
T2: The Arcade Game
Taz-Mania
Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster's Hidden Treasure
Triple Play 96
Warlock
World Championship Soccer 2
World Series Baseball

Also picked up another Sega Genesis Model II Core System because mine having issues

SNES:
Ballz 3D

Not a bad way to end the month considering I'll be stuck at work for 10 hours tomorrow. No time for game hunting then.