Author Topic: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed VS Mario Kart 8  (Read 1910 times)

aliensstudios

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed VS Mario Kart 8
« on: March 11, 2017, 11:32:05 am »

Sonic and All-Stars Racing and Mario Kart 8 are both pretty excellent racing games on the Wii U. Which one of them do you like better or do you like both about the same?
I'm going to shamelessly plug the video I made detailing which one of the two I like better: https://youtu.be/LhhNbdmyR7I
Check it out if you would.
Otherwise, let's have a discussion. Who's got the better racing skills? Plumber or Hedgehog?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 11:34:29 am by aliensstudios »
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

doafan

Re: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed VS Mario Kart 8
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 01:12:21 pm »
Otherwise, let's have a discussion. Who's got the better racing skills? Plumber or Hedgehog?

Am just gonna answer your question with another question, isn't Sonic much faster that a car, so what the heck is he doing driving one ?  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 02:11:07 pm »
In a few ways, I might actually like Sonic & All-Stars more than Mario Kart 8.  It gives me a feel of what Diddy Kong Racing could be if it was made today.  I'd love it if this company was hired by Nintendo to make Diddy Kong Racing 2 lol

aliensstudios

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 02:32:23 pm »

Am just gonna answer your question with another question, isn't Sonic much faster that a car, so what the heck is he doing driving one ?  ;D
Fun fact: they actually we're going to make Sonic run like he does in Sonic R, but they couldn't make drifting and transforming look right.

aliensstudios

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 02:32:57 pm »
In a few ways, I might actually like Sonic & All-Stars more than Mario Kart 8.  It gives me a feel of what Diddy Kong Racing could be if it was made today.  I'd love it if this company was hired by Nintendo to make Diddy Kong Racing 2 lol
I can't believe there isn't a Diddy Kong Racing 2 yet!

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 02:47:55 pm »

I want it more than a new Mario Kart lol

doafan

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 02:48:54 pm »

What we truly need is a new Punch Out!  :'(

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 03:29:49 pm »
They are both excellent games and I have poured a ton of time into both, however without a doubt Mario Kart 8 is the better of the two. Aside from the battle mode (which the new Deluxe version appears to be rectifying) Mario Kart 8 is a more tightly crafted kart racing game with the right amount of balancing and difficulty. It also has All Stars Transformed beat in terms of racers and tracks, especially when you consider all the DLC content that has been released for MK8. With all that said, I found myself constantly in love with all the fan service put into Sonic's ASRT; everything from the array of Sega characters and also the tracks were a heavy load of nostalgia for someone who adores Sega. The gameplay is excellent too, however I found the later tracks to be bullshit hard to the point of sucking all the fun out of the game. Despite that, I still loved playing this game and unlocking as much content as I could, something that Mario Kart 8 has far less of. Overall, both are very fun, but Mario Kart 8 is the best in my book.

aliensstudios

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2017, 03:30:23 pm »

Same. Or at least put Diddy back in Mario Kart.

maximo310

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2017, 03:43:49 pm »
Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed was pretty fun to play considering it was a Wii U launch title. However, from my playing experiences and my bro, there's still technical issues that need to be balanced out for a sequel, such as the framerate w/ split screen, a bump up in resolution, better fine tuning of difficulty in the higher levels, and maybe a few changes to the track design to make them more fun than tedious.

By comparison, MK8 beats Sonic All Stars in almost every way, except for unlocking base content. That being said, I hope that they make a sequel to Sonic All Stars as it has a lot of potential.

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2017, 04:57:27 pm »
Is Sonic All Stars racing transformed as good as Mario Kart 8?  :D

:D

That video was very awesome, informative and fun to watch  :). I hope you make more :D.  I feel mario kart 8 is the best kart racer ever made.   But i think Sonic has very comparable gameplay and is really underated and fun :)   but track design and character selection sets MK 8 Apart imo  :D
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 05:17:23 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

aliensstudios

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2017, 03:16:15 am »
Is Sonic All Stars racing transformed as good as Mario Kart 8?  :D

:D

That video was very awesome, informative and fun to watch  :). I hope you make more :D.  I feel mario kart 8 is the best kart racer ever made.   But i think Sonic has very comparable gameplay and is really underated and fun :)   but track design and character selection sets MK 8 Apart imo  :D
Glad you liked the vid, thanks for watching :) The only reason I shared is because I was confident a lot of people on this site would enjoy it. Definitely making more. I used to make reviews but I think the Versus idea has a bit of an edge in the sense that not a whole lot are doing it.

aliensstudios

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2017, 03:17:23 am »
Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed was pretty fun to play considering it was a Wii U launch title. However, from my playing experiences and my bro, there's still technical issues that need to be balanced out for a sequel, such as the framerate w/ split screen, a bump up in resolution, better fine tuning of difficulty in the higher levels, and maybe a few changes to the track design to make them more fun than tedious.

By comparison, MK8 beats Sonic All Stars in almost every way, except for unlocking base content. That being said, I hope that they make a sequel to Sonic All Stars as it has a lot of potential.
I'd probably be more excited for that than another Mario Kart as future installments of Sega Racing seems like it would have more potential.

azure

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2017, 12:03:21 pm »
I have yet to play Mario Kart 8, but I do like ASRT. I like a lot of SEGA characters more than I do Mario characters so I think I would like it more than MK8 for that reason. Great video though, fair comparison for sure.

aliensstudios

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2017, 01:11:52 pm »
I have yet to play Mario Kart 8, but I do like ASRT. I like a lot of SEGA characters more than I do Mario characters so I think I would like it more than MK8 for that reason. Great video though, fair comparison for sure.
Agreed on the characters. You should definitely play yourself some MK8!
Thanks for checking out the vid, really appreciate that too.