Author Topic: Do you keep your Amiibos or Other figures sealed or do you open them to display?  (Read 3365 times)

I just opened a good portion of my amiibo collection and I feel like a part of me died and a new part was born at the same time :)

I was always a sealed Amiibo kind of guy, ripping each one open was like ripping off a band aid but it felt relieving at the same time :D

I seen the amiibo functionality and all the awesome supply drops and abilities you get in breathe of the wild and couldn't help myself from opening every Zelda amiibo i have including toon link which is fairly rare. I opened amiibos of all sizes and now have cardboard and plastic everywhere on my floor. I don't know what possessed me to do it.  Part of me regrets it but part of me is happy I pushed myself to do it. 

Do you think I made a good decision?  Do you personally prefer Amiibos OOB collections or NIB? 

I was only keeping them packaged because my mind was telling me of how much I would hurt the value of them and the niceness of them if I opened them but I don't collect to sell or amass treasure.  plus the boxes are very space consuming and OOB they are way more compact and spacious.   

I am just happy to be able to get all these cool exclusive items in BOTW :D.   

What is your personal preference on figures being displayed or kept sealed? :)

Part of me keeping them sealed was because they were useless for the most part with Wii U.  but not it seems Nintendo is really utilizing them the proper way and putting time into ways to gather in game benefits from them so now I really love playing with them :)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 09:40:53 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

Warmsignal

I do eventually plan on getting a few. I think I'm going to open them. They take up too much space otherwise, and if you don't have a game-room it's just too much. I don't think sealed amiibos will be a big deal in the future, because it seems there will be an abundance of those that people never opened.

I take them out of the box for two reasons

A) I simply don't have enough room to display all of them in their box

B) I like using them in-game occasionally

I do carefully cut open each box and save them though! They're both too pretty to just throw out and they make moving a whole lot easier!
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

shepard11

I keep those bad boys sealed because I don't have a system or game Id use them for. Well I own games and systems I could use them for but I don't see the point. I kinda like the way they look on my shelf above my Gamecube and Wii games.

Opened, as when it comes to the toys to life stuff, I actually use them. Right now, I've got my Amiibos, Disney Infinity, and Lego Mixels all along the railing dividing off my library:

My Skylanders and Lego Dimensions figures are opened and on display elsewhere.

I'll save my sealed collection for my vintage Star Trek and Star Wars toys.

anagar

I only have 3 Amiibos 2 of them are game/amiibos bundles. The only one opened is Shovel Knight but I put it in a display case.
PSN,Wii U/NID:ANA_GAR XBL:ANAGARXB 3DS/FC:4441-9981-8329

I started out trying to keep them all boxed and to use the old razor method, where you could slice open the back, pull off the metallic tape that blocked the signal, and then use them that way while still displaying them, but I eventually couldn't handle their space issues.  I ended up clearing out a lot of my extras and just grab the ones I really want now or all the Zelda ones and they are all open for display.

aliensstudios

I've opened all of them up. If I had the space, I'd display my amiibo like this (I made this album on imgur a year or so ago: http://imgur.com/a/KmGa6)

They look great with their debut game alongside them, much better than the store-display looking collections of those who don't open them up, at least imo.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

@aliensstudios I want to see your whole collection from afar now to see how these cool displays all look together.

To answer the original question - I have some open and some sealed. I will eventually open them all at some point. I understand the OP though. I struggle with opening stuff too and sometimes regret it later on.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

Mine are almost all open.

My wife and I have a china cabinet, but we don't really own fine china, and have no interest in displaying china, so it's packed with Amiibo and World of Nintendo figures.

aliensstudios

@aliensstudios I want to see your whole collection from afar now to see how these cool displays all look together.

To answer the original question - I have some open and some sealed. I will eventually open them all at some point. I understand the OP though. I struggle with opening stuff too and sometimes regret it later on.
Wish I had the room. Planning on moving this summer and looking to get a place with a dedicated game room. I've never had the whole display together and as of now most of my collection is packed up :( But it just makes me want to work harder (and buy less games lol) until I get the finances in order.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

sworddude

I'll keep em sealed

In the beginning I wanted the whole set but luckily I only bought amiibo's for my favourite characters that I use. except yoshi.

Only have 7  on display though my collection 4 of them are stored might get rid of them not that they take to much space anyways.

Definitely glad that I didn't go with the hype and ended up with 50+ figures and all the other 30 + figures from other games etc who knows how many there are.

Being to much of deals guy myself I could not buy an amiibo for the new prices would rather spend my money on lots to add more old games to the collection but I had to have my favourite characters in smash as an amiibo I guess and obviously smash bros the game on release.

off topic

Does anyone have Any news on the cloud amiibo btw? Haven't heard of a release date.

Your Stylish Sword Master!

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

@sworddude No news on Cloud Amiibo yet. My guesses are:

1. Waiting to launch with new Smash game on Switch
2. It will never happen
3. My dream thought: Announced alongside Final Fantasy VII remake for Switch
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

@sworddude No news on Cloud Amiibo yet. My guesses are:

1. Waiting to launch with new Smash game on Switch
2. It will never happen
3. My dream thought: Announced alongside Final Fantasy VII remake for Switch
Same goes for Bayonetta and Corrin with Bayonetta release for Switch and Fire Emblem Switch/Warriors.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

i keep mine sealed