Author Topic: 1-2 switch sucks  (Read 2543 times)

Re: 1-2 switch sucks
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2017, 08:48:56 am »
Idk how much of a party game it is only 2 people can play at a time so you have ever one just watching 2 player count marbles in a box. Instead of playing a game like jack box where ever one can play
Yeah, sure, but the 1v1 games last a minute or so, and it is entertaining watching the other folks play.

I grew up with local multiplayer, taking turns playing 2 player or 4 player games, it can be entertaining just spectating for a few minutes.

kashell

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 09:42:33 am »
If you have a group of folks over and some of them want to branch off from the rest of the group, this seems like the right type of game for that. However, if you wanted to have an actual game night then this looks like it would be a bad choice.

I haven't played it yet; just giving some impressions based on what I've seen. Either way, it's current price is way too high for what's being advertised.

spac316

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2017, 11:12:53 pm »
I think this game is best played with families...or a group of other drunk adults in a party. But yeah, the price is to high for such a game like this. I guess it's priced that way to help pay the actors in the game?
Either way, it should have been a packed in title with the system. I know Nintendo wanted to keep the system to be affordable. They could have however made two packages, one with the game and one without. I know I'm not gonna get the game till the price goes down to at least $20-$30, more or less.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 05:23:56 pm by spac316 »

nellen

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2017, 11:10:48 am »
pay the actors, man it would not take much money to pay the actors. look how much money it takes to pay a team to animators for a cut sense

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2017, 11:12:03 am »
1-2 Switch is a good party game,  but for me the biggest issue is the lack of a single player mode with one joy-con only.

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2017, 11:59:02 am »
pay the actors, man it would not take much money to pay the actors. look how much money it takes to pay a team to animators for a cut sense
cost/time for actors is exponentially greater than animators.  1 day filming for all of those actors probably exceeded the full salary for the team of animators for a year... at the very least more than a single animator's salary for a year.  But you also have to remember the cost of actually producing the videos as well.  Screen Actors are paid differently than voice actors, a big part of the reason for the voice actor strikes.

The real issue here is that Nintendo believes that anything they put out is worth full physical retail or near it.  (Picross 3D 2, Rhythm Heaven Mega Mix, Fatal Frame V, etc.)  Digital or otherwise.  It's a large part of their corporate logic.  It's like the NES Classic, is it really worth $60?  No.  Will people pay it because it says Nintendo?  Yes.  So let's do it.  You are getting 28 games I think, for $50, $40 if you are cool.  That's under $2/game.  Are the games as fulfilling as old NES games?  Absolutely not.  Will you get more laughs out of them?  Probably.

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2017, 07:36:29 pm »
Eh, if these "games" were released for even a buck a piece, I still wouldn't touch them.  I think a good enough comparison is any Mario Party release.  You get more minigames, better minigames, and its all built around a full proper game experience, for practically the same price.  I'd take even what would be considered the worst of Mario Party over 1 2 Switch.  I don't think there's really any realistic way to justify the price of it.

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2017, 08:29:23 pm »
It may be one of the most overpriced games i have seen. 50 dollars for this indie game is a joke. However at 15-20 bucks it would be a pretty decent party game.  It is kinda fun and I actually kind of like it.  I played it with a room of people and enjoyed it quite a bit.  Especially the quick draw games and the one where you have to eat the sandwiches or unravel the treasure chest of it's chains. We all got a laugh and about 4 hours of fun memories out of it.

So if we are saying it sucks for it's price i agree but if we are trashing it as an awful game entirely i might say it's a 7/10 or maybe a 6 lowest.  their is certainly better party games but it's worth 20 bucks for a chuckle.   I agree it's extremely overpriced though  :)