Author Topic: Classic Rock Music Thead  (Read 883 times)

Classic Rock Music Thead
« on: March 15, 2017, 03:43:32 am »
I own a TON of music outside of my video game collection. first I am going to rewind  to the  1950's 1960's 1970's 1980's and 1990 a lot of my favorite bands 

There is a A TON forgotten great music out there and I want us to talk about. If you are just getting into a classic rock music collection I will get you started with some of the best rockin bands that I believe are worth looking into

like Dokken,  Great White,  Firehouse,  Kingdom Come,  Dangerous Toys,  Europe,  Survivor,  Toto, Extreme,  Kix,  LA Guns, Van Halen, Journey, Ratt, Bon Jovi, Metalica, Megadeth, Mr. Big, Nazareth, Humble Pie, The Cult, Black Sabbath, Motorhead, Pantera, Def Leopard, Night Ranger, Journey, Blue Oyster Cult, Scorpions, Cinderella, Lita Ford, Sammy Hagar, Creedence Clearwater Revival. The Beatles ,The Rolling Stones, The Byrds, Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, Foghat, Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship, Starship, Quiet Riot, Riot, Blackfoot, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Whitesnake, The Monkeys, Alice Cooper, Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, Seven Mary Three, Big Head Todd, Aerosmith, Bad English,  Bad Company, The Beach Boys. Billy Squire, Billy Joel, Billy Idol. Ozzy Osborne, Bryan Adams, The Cars Cheap Trick, Foreigner, U2, Pat Benetar, Led Zeppelin, Creed, Barenaked Ladies, Crash Test Dummies, Nirvana, Counting Crows, Cream, Kiss,  Crosby, Still, Nash & Young, The Cure, Motley Crue, Ted Nugent,  Damn Yankees,  Cyndi Lauper, David Bowie, Deep Purple, Dio, Rainbow, and I have a TON more recommendations but that should get this thread started :P
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Classic Rock Music Thead
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 05:17:36 am »
Some of that I'd never put as "Classic Rock", but I'll toss out some stuff that is abit lesser known lol

*EDIT* Not sure if the video is showing to anyone else, it's blank to me for some reason.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 05:19:20 am by kamikazekeeg »

Warmsignal

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 12:04:45 pm »
I also collect music. I was never a big fan of classic rock, but I started to appreciate it a lot more over the past several years. I own the first five Led Zeppelin albums. In my opinion, the best being III and IV. I've also become a pretty big fan of folk rock singers like Jim Croce and Gordan Lightfoot, maybe Bob Dylan. I've contemplated picking up a best-of The Who because I kind of think I'd like them. I'm mostly interested in 60s and 70s era and I would like to find more. I never liked 80s music very much, and not too fond of 90s either aside from maybe Weezer, Dave Matthews, Deftones, maybe Nine Inch Nails.

Pre-2000s imo, was the era when record companies pretty much chose who would get heard and who wouldn't. Kind of like the way they choose for us to hear Katy Perry today. But nowadays with the Internet, anyone who can get a decent band together has the potential to go somewhere with it.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 12:13:58 pm by Warmsignal »

aliensstudios

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 06:47:29 pm »
The best band you've never heard is Gene Loves Jezebel from the late '80s early '90s. Had some incredible stuff, but they were under the same label as Guns & Roses and never got promoted.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 06:58:58 am »
The best band you've never heard is Gene Loves Jezebel from the late '80s early '90s. Had some incredible stuff, but they were under the same label as Guns & Roses and never got promoted.

Yea I actually hear of this band they played a hit I own called Jealous. Off one of my rarer artest compilations called "Before X" that is a good song among many forgotten hits :(

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 07:06:11 am »
Let kick this thread in high gear with one of the most (among many) underrated metal bands of all time. I LOVE Firehouse 1st and 2nd album and I keep playing over and over and never get sick oft them. This band debuted in 1991 but failed due to the many other bands competing at the time. Good mentions of Gene Loves Jezebel the band If I see anything of this band in the record shop today I'll be sure to buy an album if I can find it 8)

Anybody else have imput, this is a all taste goes thread ;D

NO APPS NEEDED

aliensstudios

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 12:04:19 pm »

Yea I actually hear of this band they played a hit I own called Jealous. Off one of my rarer artest compilations called "Before X" that is a good song among many forgotten hits :(
I love "Jealous" it's probably the closest the band ever got to breaking into the mainstream as it got some radio play time and appeared in a few films in the early 90s.
Also the album "Unpopular Songs" by the band's lead singer, Jay Aston, is one of the best albums that no one has ever heard of. I thank my Dad for being such an avid music freak, it rubs off!
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."