Author Topic: Displaying Price?  (Read 670 times)

Displaying Price?
« on: March 18, 2017, 07:27:29 pm »
Hi All,

I'm new to the site after deciding that google docs was becoming too much work for all the categories I wanted and so far this has been really great.  I searched around but couldn't seem to find details on price displaying.  Purchase price was something I was actively tracking and am glad to see it here, but I can't see any way to display this without clicking edit on a game?  Is there anyway to show additional price data without clicking on a game one by one?  Ideally would like to see price by category (like NES, amiibo, etc) or even just display it on the main collection section like how game, manual, box, other and notes show up.

Re: Displaying Price?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 10:12:08 pm »
It's currently a not possible to view otherwise. -Kind of a bummer.

jason

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 12:22:10 am »
Hi All,

I'm new to the site after deciding that google docs was becoming too much work for all the categories I wanted and so far this has been really great.  I searched around but couldn't seem to find details on price displaying.  Purchase price was something I was actively tracking and am glad to see it here, but I can't see any way to display this without clicking edit on a game?  Is there anyway to show additional price data without clicking on a game one by one?  Ideally would like to see price by category (like NES, amiibo, etc) or even just display it on the main collection section like how game, manual, box, other and notes show up.

Hi junkskelington!

Welcome to VGCollect! Glad to have you here!

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. Is something everyone would like to see when you go through your collection (purchase price also displayed) without have to go to Edit the game? If so, I can add that feature to my To Do list.

Were you thinking of seeing a listing of total cost breakdown per platform as well?

- Jason

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 01:09:12 am »

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. Is something everyone would like to see when you go through your collection (purchase price also displayed) without have to go to Edit the game? If so, I can add that feature to my To Do list.

Were you thinking of seeing a listing of total cost breakdown per platform as well?

- Jason

Both of these options would be excellent!  Especially if you're an active seller being able to scroll down quickly without extra clicks would make it a lot faster to verify your original purchase price.  I don't think they even need to shown externally, only to the logged in user.  Personally I use that statistic as a 'did I get a good deal on this, what can I sell this at, has the value gone up or down since I purchased, etc'.  I think people could also use it as a current value statistic for an item in their collection.  The 'estimated value' section on a game like at https://vgcollect.com/item/5533 is the loose value, but if you have CIB, all inserts, a mint copy, some rare variant, etc the price varies wildly and you could track that directly on vgcollect by adjusting your price accordingly.  I personally love stats and graphs so the more data the better especially on really large collections.

Thanks for the consideration!