Author Topic: Super Mario World VS Sonic the Hedgehog  (Read 5297 times)

wartoy

PRO Supporter

Re: Super Mario World VS Sonic the Hedgehog
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2017, 08:24:18 pm »
really? not even close super mario world for sure. as a matter of fact any smb is head and shoulders above any sonic game. imo and i liked sonic but there is something about that Italian plumber.

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2017, 09:42:07 pm »
really? not even close super mario world for sure. as a matter of fact any smb is head and shoulders above any sonic game. imo and i liked sonic but there is something about that Italian plumber.

Are you saying the Original Mario Bros. for atari 2600 is better than Sonic Adventure 2? Or are we only including the Mario Bros. in the Super Mario Bros. series like 2,3 and Wii?  If so i agree :).   I just hope you arent saying all Mario games are better than all sonic games because  Mario teaches typing for DOS exists lmao   :D.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 09:44:39 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2017, 10:35:02 pm »
I got/played Sonic before Super Mario World and am super nostalgic for it, but it's not really a contest for me when comparing them. Super Mario World wins!

Can't say I agree with the Mega Drive/Genesis having more good games than the SNES either, tbh.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 10:39:38 pm by olly88 »

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2017, 09:23:13 am »
Super Mario World is one of my favorite games of all time.

Sadly, I've never beat Sonic the Hedgehog.

sworddude

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2017, 11:29:01 am »
No comparison you can't compare mario games with sonic games. Mario wins easily.

As far as the whole library goes pretty comparable as far as quaility goes, the snes and the genesis console.

Sonic games are way to over rated, there are plenty of games wich are way better on the genesis console. Sonic is a nice mascot with some decent games nothing more nothing less.

I have also read that some games were better on the snes pretty false in my opinion.

Hyperstone Heist vs. Turtles in Time - SNES
Castlevania IV Vs. Bloodlines - SNES Genesis
Contra III Vs. Hard Corps - SNES Genesis

I'll give the win for turtles in time to snes but the other two titles are definitely allot better on the sega console.

As far as music goes Sega did a way better job pretty unique espcially with sega titles such as michael jackson's moon walker, I cannot imagine that game with an snes sountrack would suck pretty bad.

Also some game had really nice and sharp grapics wich the nintendo consoles do not have not to mention It's processing power was higher.

More charaters on screen than on the snes console for certain games since the snes could not handle it.

As far as grapics go I don't know of any snes games wich such great detailed 2D grapics as shinobi III

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNGbAStPXZc

Some come close such as mega man x series etc but not as clean as shinobi III

The only reason why most people find the Snes better is because most people only collect or play snes and don't give the sega consoles any chance at all. Allot of poeple don't look at the games and think It's a system with only sonic and sports games. ofcourse such people bring hype to the nintendo consoles while the sega consoles are left in the dust since people do not recommend it. Still though far to many collectors for sega stuff but not as hyped as nintendo.

Also as far as mascots go, Nintendo had memorable mascots aside mario that's also one of the main reasons why people remember such games because of the popular franchises with their main charaters

As far as other games go snes gems of unknown series are also not remembered very well.

If you like arcade games Sega is King no questions asked.

For the best Rpg's and normal games Nintendo is your man.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 11:54:36 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2017, 09:22:21 pm »
no just nes or snes mario games

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2017, 10:08:00 am »
Am I the only one who sees it as unfair to compare the first game of a franchise to the 4th of another? Sonic 1 vs Mario World of course Mario comes out on top. Sonic 3 & knuckles  vs Mario World honestly I'd probably go Sonic on that one.

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2017, 10:50:37 am »
Am I the only one who sees it as unfair to compare the first game of a franchise to the 4th of another? Sonic 1 vs Mario World of course Mario comes out on top. Sonic 3 & knuckles  vs Mario World honestly I'd probably go Sonic on that one.

I think Master System Sonic should be compared to NES Mario Bros., you know? StH on Genesis and SMW on SNES were both 16-bit beginnings of the two. I could be wrong, though. I do not proclaim to be a video game historian.

Warmsignal

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2017, 12:52:01 pm »

I think Master System Sonic should be compared to NES Mario Bros., you know? StH on Genesis and SMW on SNES were both 16-bit beginnings of the two. I could be wrong, though. I do not proclaim to be a video game historian.

I think the Genesis ones came first. Then they actually went back and made a version of 1 and 2 for SMS.

That is a good point, StH was the first Sonic game, SMW was the fourth or fifth Mario if you count Land.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 12:55:17 pm by Warmsignal »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2017, 01:46:22 pm »

I think the Genesis ones came first. Then they actually went back and made a version of 1 and 2 for SMS.

That is a good point, StH was the first Sonic game, SMW was the fourth or fifth Mario if you count Land.

Super Mario Bros. 1 is still better than Sonic 1. 

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2017, 01:47:34 pm »
^ Yes. But Sonic is still better than just plain Mario Bros.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2017, 02:09:44 pm »
^ Yes. But Sonic is still better than just plain Mario Bros.

True, but Super Mario Bros is a different series. 

I'm just arguing for the sake of arguing.  Don't pay any attention to this. 

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2017, 02:32:51 pm »
Me too, at work, just killing time. SMW is the best game mentioned in this thread, at all.

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2017, 02:34:55 pm »
Super Mario World is better than ANY Sonic game.

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2017, 02:43:31 pm »
Super Mario World is better than ANY Sonic game.

I fully support this statement.