Author Topic: Need some insight into Pokemon DS games.  (Read 997 times)

ffxik

Need some insight into Pokemon DS games.
« on: April 01, 2017, 09:37:26 pm »
A friend of mine is eyeballing a Pokemon Soul Silver game with all pokemon unlocked, event, you name it.  Now I don't know a thing about Pokemon so I'm thinking it's kinda weird that this seller also has sold A LOT of these DS games with all event pokemon unlocked.  Is something fishy or am I being paranoid?

hexen

Re: Need some insight into Pokemon DS games.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 10:10:59 pm »
Well, odds are near 100% he used a gameshark or similar device. It's possible he owns a few of the distribution carts, but it's very unlikely he'd go to that much effort, and not all of them where distributed that way. If he used a cheating device, all those Pokemon are worthless because they aren't legit anyway. I would personally STRONGLY advise your friend against it, unless he is selling them for a fair price and he just wants the game itself. Besides, the fun of Pokemon is catching 'em all yourself. Last year I played through every generation on proper hardware and caught them all myself outside of a few events I went to Reddit to trade for, and it was a grand old few months.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 10:12:49 pm by hexen »
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 10:19:40 pm »
Honestly I would never trust any of those that claim Everything unlocked

hexen

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 02:47:33 am »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Soulsilver-LOADED-all-493-Legit-Event-UNLOCKED-With-Celebi-Mew-ARCEUS/152487205118?_trksid=p2060778.c100290.m3507&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160727114228%26meid%3Dcaae42880efc4c6c802db65f84dba249%26pid%3D100290%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D152487205118

Here is the auction in question.  Notice how all games in feedback are all unlocked.

Wow, after seeing that listing I do not understand how the seller could POSSIBLY think ANYONE would believe him. "Hey, here is every event Pokemon, all legit, and also every shiny Pokemon and 900 masterballs! Totally, believably legit!"

So what am I supposed to believe that he got all the events legit and then only used gameshark to get all the items/shinies? Or am I supposed to believe he played through a new game 900 times to hold-item transfer over all those masterballs/TMs/etc.? Also he says they are at the beginning of the game... like that is all possible to do legit then...

I'll give him one thing, a gameshark code to make a seemingly legit event Pokemon is dozens and dozens of lines long, so doing this for every event Pokemon must have taken some time...

Again, if your friend just wants a copy of the game, and maybe wants to toy around with all that hacked stuff as a novelty, and the price is right, I say go for it, but how brazen the lies are honestly would personally put me off.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 06:11:47 am »
It's better don't trust such apps 'cause it can be a good way for hackers to steal your personal data

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 10:21:14 am »
There are a ton of people online selling counterfeit copies of Pokemon games so you want to make sure that the listing says it is authentic. If it does not I would definitely pass. Regarding everything unlocked, you can do this via Action Replay pretty easily, however I am not sure what the point of buying a Pokemon game will all the pokemon unlocked would be, kinda takes the fun out of the game imo.