Author Topic: Which smell do you like better? New game or old game smell?  (Read 2161 times)

Warmsignal

Re: Which smell do you like better? New game or old game smell?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2017, 08:52:30 pm »
lol I much prefer new game smell, and in all honesty I got really upset when I first opened the Nintendo switch games. they really don't have a new game smell to them, which is technically a good thing as the cellophane they use should be more stable for long term sealed storage.

I've actually heard a rumor about the new Swtich carts being made to intentionally taste really bad so that kids won't put them in their mouths. I wonder if that's true.

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2017, 06:09:16 am »
sure i like the smell of new games, it's super awesome

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2017, 08:20:32 am »
lol I much prefer new game smell, and in all honesty I got really upset when I first opened the Nintendo switch games. they really don't have a new game smell to them, which is technically a good thing as the cellophane they use should be more stable for long term sealed storage.

I've actually heard a rumor about the new Swtich carts being made to intentionally taste really bad so that kids won't put them in their mouths. I wonder if that's true.

They used a bittering agent in the carts. If you have an animal that chews you've probably used something very similar before

realpoketendonl

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2017, 08:23:51 am »
To me, nothing will ever beat the smell of a new game. The fresh plastic of the box, the straight new manuals, but most of all just the exciting feeling of having a brand new title ready to play. Seriously, I don't know whether this is weird, but everytime I get a new game I just have to take a quick whiff of the box to get that 'I have a new game and it'll be awesome' feeling.
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

spac316

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2017, 06:43:48 pm »
I do like the new game smell. Nothing like it.  :)