Author Topic: Toys R Us Amiibo Sale - 3 for $20.  (Read 1427 times)

Nickkchilla

Toys R Us Amiibo Sale - 3 for $20.
« on: April 07, 2017, 10:54:50 pm »
There's a Toys R Us sale going on right now for select Amiibo.

Any Amiibo priced $13.99 or less is eligible for the "3 for $20!" deal.

There doesn't seem to be an end date, though supply is limited. Also for free shipping, the total purchase price needs to be at least $29. You can make a donation to Saint Jude's Hospital to meet the minimum.

http://www.toysrus.com/products/amiibo.jsp
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 12:40:33 am by Nickkchilla »

Flashback2012

Re: Toys R Us Amiibo Sale - 3 for $20.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 01:30:32 am »
Good looking out. Not surprising the Zelda Amiibos are not part of the sale and no sign at all of the Guardian Amiibo. I'm concerned that Nintendo isn't going to be putting any more of those out and we're back to the whole Amiibo flipping/scalping scene.  :-\

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 10:33:50 pm »
Do they do a good job shipping? Amazon for instance does a horrible job shipping amiibo and jams them in bubble mailer so they almost always come destroyed.  A few pretty good deals if the shipping quality can be trusted.

zephyria

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 08:49:23 am »
"Maximum discount is 3 per transaction. While supplies last."

Aww, I was just about to load up on a bunch of them.  I wonder if they'll let me get away with just doing a bunch of separate orders.

Edit: Seems to have worked on two orders, though I still end up spending money on shipping because it's not cheaper to donate.  Oh well, still saving money.  Thanks for the tip.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 09:17:35 am by zephyria »

Nickkchilla

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 01:44:27 pm »

Aww, I was just about to load up on a bunch of them.  I wonder if they'll let me get away with just doing a bunch of separate orders.

Edit: Seems to have worked on two orders, though I still end up spending money on shipping because it's not cheaper to donate.  Oh well, still saving money.  Thanks for the tip.

I purchased a Luigi Amiibo for $7.99 in addition to the three Amiibo I wanted. So after donating $2, it was cheaper than the $5.99 I would have been charged for shipping.

Nickkchilla

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 01:50:50 pm »
Do they do a good job shipping? Amazon for instance does a horrible job shipping amiibo and jams them in bubble mailer so they almost always come destroyed.  A few pretty good deals if the shipping quality can be trusted.

I can't vouch for their Amiibo shipping alone, though I've purchased Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker and Mario Party 10 with the Amiibo bundle from them when it was one sale some time ago. Neither box was damaged or crushed, and the Amiibo inside was fine. You can always return it to a local store if there's a problem.

telly

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 02:50:27 pm »

I purchased a Luigi Amiibo for $7.99 in addition to the three Amiibo I wanted. So after donating $2, it was cheaper than the $5.99 I would have been charged for shipping.

How did you get that to work? My subtotal becomes $29 instead of $27 if I add a luigi amiibo and donate
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

Nickkchilla

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 03:40:40 pm »

How did you get that to work? My subtotal becomes $29 instead of $27 if I add a luigi amiibo and donate

That's it.

It needs to be $29 to qualify for free shipping.

If you don't donate the $2, then you'll have to pay for the shipping, which is higher than if you donated.

telly

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 08:44:23 pm »
Since not adding the amiibo and donation puts me at $27 with shipping included, I'd rather just do that. I don't really want planking Luigi or any of the Animal Crossing ones  :o
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 08:50:36 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

azure

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2017, 03:54:56 pm »
Took advantage of this deal in store today, thanks for the heads up!