Author Topic: Differences in Asian releases  (Read 670 times)

Differences in Asian releases
« on: April 18, 2017, 10:57:08 am »
Okay, so hopefully I can explain myself here.

I ordered a copy of the game Xuan-Yuan Sword: The Gate of Firmament on PS4.  I made edits on a listing thinking it was the same version but the art edits were rejected by an admin because it turns out there are two versions of them.  Now I'm stuck.  I don't know what the differences between them are.  Does anyone know what the difference between these two releases would be?

This is the version I have.

This is the version that the database currently has listed.

Obviously the lack of a rating on mine is a huge difference.  I ordered my copy from a Malaysian store but I don't know if Malaysia gets their own releases generally or it shares release versions with a different area.  Does anyone know anything about these kinds of releases?  I'm clueless and I want to make sure the database stays accurate.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 11:07:36 am by frumpleorz »

rayne315

Re: Differences in Asian releases
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 11:48:52 am »
any difference art wise on the case is cause for a new item being created. we are cataloguing every variation of a game possible so if the first picture is truly the exact same as the copy you own then it will require a new addition to the database. it may be the exact same game but the difference is the logos in the bottom left of the case.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

telly

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 11:58:42 am »
The top game is for a general Asian market [AS]. The bottom game is specifically for the Taiwanese market because it has the Taiwanese rating system. So that game would have the TLD code [TW] in the item name.

Tripredacus is our true authority on these things though ;)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 12:09:40 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 12:20:51 pm »
any difference art wise on the case is cause for a new item being created. we are cataloguing every variation of a game possible so if the first picture is truly the exact same as the copy you own then it will require a new addition to the database. it may be the exact same game but the difference is the logos in the bottom left of the case.

Sorry if I didn't explain it well.  The top one is definitely the copy I have because I scanned that image from my cover art myself.  I wanted to make a new listing but I didn't know what region to put it under because I didn't know which region either version came from.

The top game is for a general Asian market [AS]. The bottom game is specifically for the Taiwanese market because it has the Taiwanese rating system. So that game would have the TLD code [TW] in the item name.

Tripredacus is our true authority on these things though ;)

Okay, since it's a general Asian release, which section of Playstation 4 would I add the new listing under since a Playstation 4 [AS] category doesn't exist on its own.  Would I slide it into the [CN] or [TW] listings with the [AS] added to the title?

telly

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 12:25:08 pm »
Even though we have a [TW] category, it was a recently added category and is empty atm. Most of those games are in the [CN] cateogry still. So those games (and the one of this specific game in the DB if it has the Taiwanese rating) would go there. You could make a new game with your art in the [CN] category with [AS] in the title.

That's what I would say, but maybe wait for an admin to put in some input :) Welcome to the site, by the way!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 12:31:31 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

tripredacus

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 12:28:03 pm »
Existing entry needs to be moved into PS4 [TW] category if that is the case. no TLD needed to be put on the name if it is in the proper category.

We do not have a general Asia or AS category for PS4. So the new game (without the rating) can be in any PS4 category and must have [AS] in the title.

Note: We can use [AS] to denote generic Asia releases ONLY until an American Samoa release exists, then we are in big trouble!  :'(

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 12:32:07 pm »
Thanks for help, all.  I really appreciate it.  I'm going to make a new listing for it in the [CN] category then, since that feels like the most appropriate spot and an admin says it can go in any category.