Author Topic: Salvaging Or Selling Console Or Cartridge Guts To Technicians ?  (Read 1102 times)

I highly recommend more people should salvage hardware, (instead of trashing their game consoles or things whole whole) I may not know how to repair electronics vary well but I do know. That their are some people, that do in online or in remote locations. (Example) Sometimes an internal power supply can go bad. but you know that the laser, is still good. why not sell or give the laser? and everything else inside the game console. To a electronic hardware technician. Or a hardware hacker? If it goes to the junkyard, chances are all of it will (eventually). be rusted through and destroyed. So what are your thoughts on this?

Why not sell or give away functional electronic gut? or that stuff inside old broken electronics? IF it's still salvageable

« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 12:15:01 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Salvaging Or Selling Console Or Cartridge Guts To Technicians ?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 09:10:23 am »
I usually just sell broken consumes for really cheap

tripredacus

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 11:09:49 am »
Most of the problems with this is logistical. It only makes sense to do this if there is someone in your area who can use these parts. Most times you will not be able to sell or give these items away to others online. If you do not know anyone local who can use things like this, then either sell them in bulk lots or learn to use them yourself.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 02:55:17 pm »
I've had some success with selling broken consoles on Craigslist. I usually post them for about $20 when I do.

I've sold a broken Commodore 64, GameCube, Saturn, and Dreamcast.

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 03:00:44 pm »
I sold a broken TG16 for about $80 and I bought a couple of broken PS3s for like $20 total... put more money into getting it repaired than I wanted to and it needs to be repaired again.

I'm actually sitting on a broken PS3, Xbox, a bunch of C64s, and some other systems.  Might try to get rid of them.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 03:36:49 pm »
I sold a broken TG16 for about $80 and I bought a couple of broken PS3s for like $20 total... put more money into getting it repaired than I wanted to and it needs to be repaired again.

I'm actually sitting on a broken PS3, Xbox, a bunch of C64s, and some other systems.  Might try to get rid of them.

Wow, I bought my TG-16 just a few years back, from a shop, for $80. And it worked fine.

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 03:43:28 pm »

Wow, I bought my TG-16 just a few years back, from a shop, for $80. And it worked fine.
It was a weird time, for a short period TG-16 were selling for $80-100 regardless of condition.  I listed it broken said exactly what was wrong with it and someone snatched it up same day.

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2017, 05:47:16 pm »
you can also savage a whole console sometimes just by cleaning the insides and out  too  :)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 05:49:27 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

maximo310

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2017, 09:45:06 pm »
you can also savage a whole console sometimes just by cleaning the insides and out  too  :)
That's if you're lucky.