Author Topic: Ape Escape is better than Star Fox Zero!? - DesignSection  (Read 4668 times)

indenton

Ape Escape is better than Star Fox Zero!? - DesignSection
« on: May 27, 2017, 01:00:24 pm »
I did another video, this one was fairly different than the others I've produced, since as the Thread title implies, I looked at 2 games this time!
Even the way in which I'm editing required some elaborate adjustments. 

Click on Spike & the captured ape to check out my video!!

I haven't played much of Star Fox Zero, but its "innovative" control scheme is very prominent whether you've played Star Fox before or not.  Have any of you played Ape Escape before, how do you feel about its control scheme? 

Re: Ape Escape is better than Star Fox Zero!? - DesignSection
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 08:49:48 pm »
Which Ape Escape?

indenton

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 09:23:48 pm »
Which Ape Escape?

Well, original Ape Escape.   But the thread title wasn't meant to be taken literally, more so to clarify that I talked about both of these games in 1 video

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 11:36:58 pm »
The Ape Escape franchise is better than the Star Fox franchise. Where's Ape Escape 4?

drummergirl86

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 01:05:59 am »
Interesting review about Ape Escape and Star Fox Zero.

I never played Ape Escape but always wanted to play it because it seemed like a fun game to play.

You brought up some interesting points about the controls in Star Fox Zero and how Ape Escape allows you to get use to the odd controls. Whereas Star Fox Zero, if you had experience playing the previous Star Fox game, you knew how to play it but Nintendo decided to make it needlessly complicated. I kinda get what they were going for, but it didn't quite work as they were hoping for.

Using gyro controls can be used successfully and correctly if done right. But it would also be nice to provide regular non-gyro controls if people do not wish to use the motion controls.

telly

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 10:45:43 am »
I really enjoy your videos, another nice review! :) I really liked the controller overlay to show how the game controls, it makes it a lot easier to see what you're talking about.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

indenton

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 09:00:40 pm »
I really enjoy your videos, another nice review! :) I really liked the controller overlay to show how the game controls, it makes it a lot easier to see what you're talking about.

It took some time, but I managed to get it looking better than I imagined.  I'm glad you're enjoying my content. 
If you or anyone on VGCollect have any suggestions (a series or a particular game) please feel free to let me know.