Author Topic: Can the search bar be improved?  (Read 789 times)

Warmsignal

Can the search bar be improved?
« on: May 28, 2017, 02:10:17 pm »
The biggest problem with the search function is that the box disappears if you move the mouse away from it. This makes it particularly hard, if not impossible on desktop to copy and paste text into the bar which is often necessary because the search engine doesn't typically recognize misspelled searches, or anything short of the exact entry for a title. It would be better if the box were disabled by clicking away from it.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 02:13:41 pm by Warmsignal »

Re: Can the search bar be improved?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 02:56:07 pm »
I always noticed that too :)    Sometimes i would be typing something than i would leave the page to google how it was spelt and than i would have to retype it because the bar disappeared.   It's very minor but i agree it could be better. 

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 06:34:41 pm »
Yep, I always found that annoying.

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 11:02:14 am »
A Region Check off would be cool  NTSC PAL JAP something like that

pzeke

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 04:03:56 pm »
I've had to painstakingly add my stuff manually after trying to upload my SNES collection through a .csv file failed, so I have to side with Warmsignal: that search bar can be a flipping nuisance when it wants to.

The first time I used it I though that after clicking the icon the bar would stay "on", and I remember typing my game, looking back at the screen and seeing I was typing sweet nothings. Perhaps that or something akin to it could be implemented? Warmsignal's idea of ticking the box "off" when clicking outside of it is sound, too.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 06:58:18 pm by pzeke »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!