Author Topic: Atlus vs SquareSoft  (Read 3040 times)

Re: Atlus vs SquareSoft
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2017, 01:37:20 am »
I guess it would depend on the region you live in too. Different publishers for different countries (only one that comes to mind is Strikers 1945/agetec in the US). In the states, Squaresoft caters more to the audience over here.
I always hated not being able to get an Atlus game without a preorder as well. Gamestop or EB would get one copy and open it, while Target, Toys R Us, Circuit City, Good Guys. Comp USA, Best Buy etc wouldn't get any.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2017, 01:17:14 pm »
Atlus

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2017, 12:26:23 am »
I used to work software at CompUSA back in the day and we ended up with a few Atlas titles during the PSX era. I remember I used to have an RPG section i maintained for the consoles. My customers loved me.

GameStop is so broken. I hate how they open their display copy and sell it as new. They opened one of my pre-order games once and then thought I was crazy when I told them I wanted my money back because it was no longer new. I want to kick myself right now because I ordered the Sonic Mania Collectors Edition through them when Amazon ran out. Now Amazon has them back in stock and Im stuck with LameStop order.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

brazbit

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2017, 04:42:49 pm »
I'm not much of a JRPG player. From my casual (in this genre) perspective I have heard of, seen, played and enjoyed everything you list for SquareSoft. As for Atlus, I have only heard of Cathrine and that is due to research performed on a voice actor, not something I would have stumbled across on my own. Looking at their list of games, the only Atlus game I see that I have played was Friday the 13th on NES, which is far from a JRPG. So from my average Joe perspective this does not even look to be a contest as Square clearly wins.