Author Topic: June 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 7506 times)

Re: June 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2017, 04:47:06 pm »
Maybe the shipping employees mistook it for the wii u version and stole the package for a quick flip  ::), It is apparently a pretty pricy game for the wii u especially in the US

3 times is quite allot and for the 360 not really a game that sellers want to scam with, It's a waste of time. Doesn't seem like pure (bad)luck to me if that would happen 3 times with the same game.

I'm doubting it was theft/scam as all these were through Amazon via different sellers all fulfilled by Amazon. The first two times it never got shipped out, so my order was cancelled and refunded due to inventory issues. This time however, it was because the UPS truck caught on fire somewhere along the way and my package was one of the casualties. But I got my refund, and am more amused than concerned or irritated, as I've had worse happen to me and I've still got plenty of other games left to get for the 360.

theflea

« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2017, 03:23:37 am »
Didn't do a whole lot of garage sales this weekend, I just went to one huge 100+ sales in one neighborhood.

Here's the store / online buys...

NDS
A rare DS games and a weird Japanese game.
- Giana Sister's DS
- Dokidoki Majo Shinpan

PS2
A weird Japanese Ski Jump game that just had me laughing I had to get a copy.
- Ski Jumping Pairs Reloaded

N64
My local used game store got in a N64 game I didn't have and it was only $3.
- Extreme G2

GEN
My local used game store got in a bunch of Genesis games. A few CIB and where in like new condition.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyper Stone Heist
- Sol Deace

And now onto what I picked up from garage sales...

A Spongebob Squarepants Plug N' Play for .50c

XBone
A kid was selling a bunch of XBone games for $40 a piece. I haggled and got one for $23.  ::)
- Watch Dogs 2

PS3
A couple kids where selling a ton of PS3 games, I picked out a few I was missing and got the whole stack for $12.
- Call of Duty: World at War
- Saints Row the Third
- Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

Wii
A bunch of Wii games from various sales, This have to be the most common system I find at sales right now.
- Just Dance 4 ($2)
- Summer Athletics ($2)
- The Price is Right ($2)
- Dream Pinball 3D ($2)
- Hasbro Family Game Night ($2.50)
- Monopoly ($2.50)
- 007 Quantum of Solace ($1)
- Tomb Raider Underworld ($3)
- House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return ($3)

NDS
- Wheel of Fortune ($1)
- Rooms: The Main Building ($1)
- Kirby Super Star Ultra ($4 loose)

GBA
A Nintendo Game Boy Advance (black) for only $3.

PS2
- Activision Anthology ($2)
- War of the Monsters ($2)
- Reservoir Dogs ($2)

Atari 2600
- Atari Keypad Controller set ($3 little did I know I'd get another set later) lol  ::)

Stopped at one of the last sales of the 100+ subdivision sales. All day I was finding newer stuff and most sales where telling me that I was the third to ask about games. I ask at this sale and the man tells me the same thing, I was like the third to ask. Then he said I still have my old Atari, I ask if he was looking to sell? He says he wasn't sure...
I talk to him about old games and how I was looking for a certain Atari and he decides to bring it out.
He comes out with an Atari 2600 (6-switch light) with 14 games and a bunch of controllers. I look through it didn't see anything I really needed then I ask him what He'd sell it for and he throws it back at me to make an offer. I say $20? and he looks shocked like I offered him $100 for it. lol
I was about to leave when he says I might have some more... Okay I'll wait and he goes to look. He comes out with a box full of PS1 & PS2 games. I look through it and pick out a few PS1 games. (All the PS2 games where sports or Tom Clancey games I didn't need) He said he couldn't sell (Die Hard Trilogy) but would sell the rest of the stack for $5. I jokingly ask anything else? He said he had a Genesis but it didn't work.
I ask if he still had any of the games? He said he'd go look. A few minutes later he brings out a small box full of games. mostly loose but a few had boxes. I saw a couple real good ones and ask a price and again he throws it back at me for an offer and I had to offer $20 and he was happy to take it.  ;D
Atari 2600
- Breakout
- Space Invaders
- Yars Revenge
- Q*Bert
- Asteroids
- Night Driver
- Bump N' Jump
- Joust
- Phoenix
- Swordquest: Earthworld
- Starmaster
- Sky Jinks
- Pitfall!
- Kaboom
PS1
- Activision Classics
- You Don't Know Jack
- Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation
- Grand Theft Auto
- Die Hard Trilogy 2: Viva Las Vegas
GEN
- EA 4-Player adapter
- Madden NFL 94 (CIB) (extra manual for some reason)
- Madden NFL 95
- NBA Live 95 (CIB)
- NBA Live 97
- NBA All-Star Challenge (CIB)
- NHL 96
- Tecmo Super NBA Basketball
- Sonic the Hedgehog (CIB)
- Desert Strike
- Urban Strike
- Revolution X
- Paperboy 2
- Road Rash II
- The Terminator
- Streets of Rage 2
- Streets of Rage 3  ;D
- Sunset Riders  ;D

And I just hit over 13,000 items in my collection.  :o

« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 03:52:14 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2017, 08:51:32 am »
I went to one yard sale this weekend, saw an N64 Transfer Pak and bought it for $2.

Rest of the weekend was Gamestops and a local game shop.  I was in a Gamestop looking at Wii and Wii U games.  Grabbing bunches of hardish to find cheapo games and the one employee is on the phone with a customer and walks over to the Wii U section and grabs a game off the shelf and says "No, it doesn't have the original case, do you still want it?  Okay, I'll hold it for you"  and I'm just like fuck, did I just miss that this store had one of the pricey games on the cheap.  It was Croods priced at $49.99 loose disc basically.  And this dude wanted it regardless.

I didn't take a picture and I don't recall what I got, so I'll have to do that maybe later or tomorrow.

« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2017, 12:01:34 pm »
Goodwill pickups for last week:
Yahtzee LCD handheld 1.5$
Armored Core 2 PS2 cib 1$
Atv Offroad Fury 2 not for resale PS2 sealed 1$
Pac Man World 2 greatest hits PS2 sealed 1$
Ghost Recon 2 PS2 cib 1$
Atv Offroad Fury 3 PS2 cib 1.5$
Scarface the World is Yours PS2 cib 2.99$
Burnout 3 platinum hits Xbox cib 1$
Halo 2 Xbox cib 1$
Harry Potter Quidditch World Cup Xbox cib  .5$
Madden 2005 Xbox cib 1$
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance platinum hits Xbox  1$
Prince of Persia Sands of Time Xbox cib 1.5$
World Championship Poker Xbox cib 1.5$
Hustle Detroit Streets Xbox cib 1$
Disney Princess Enchanted Journey Wii cib 1$

« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2017, 02:46:56 pm »
I've been busy lately, so I haven't gotten around to posting. These are my thrift store finds for the last two weeks.

Playstation:
Jupiter Strike- $1.49

Playstation 2:
Catwoman- $1.49
Tak 2: The Staff of Dreams- $2.69
Def Jam: Vendetta- $2.98
Resident Evil Code: Veronica X- $1.79
GTA: Vice City- $1.49
Legends of Wrestling II- $1.49
Hot Shots Golf 3- $1.49
Transformers- $2.69
Scooby-Doo!: Night of 100 Frights- $2.69
Kramer Striker guitar dongle- $0.89
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus- $3.59
Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain- $2.69
The Bard's Tale- $3.59

Xbox:
Burnout 2: Point of Impact Director's Cut- $2.69
Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex- $2.69

Gamecube:
Namco Museum: 50th Anniversary- $1.49

Xbox 360:
Call of Duty 3- $1.79
Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged: Volume 1- $2.69
Dirt 2- $3.59
Skate 3- $3.59
"S" Controller- $1.98

Playstation 3:
Monopoly- $3.98

Nintendo 64:
Naki Yellow Controller- $1.98

Wii:
WWE '12- $3.59
WWE All-Stars- $3.59

Strategy Guide:
The Godfather: The Game- $1.79

Toys:
Disney Infinity 3.0: Spot- $0.89
Arms Sleeves- Free

retrogemcollector

« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2017, 12:16:58 am »

soera

« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2017, 10:15:27 am »
I am jealous of that Nier box. I dont buy too many limited edition games ... unless its a game I really like. And Nier is one of them. I missed out on that one. :(

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2017, 02:41:44 pm »
I'm pretty happy with what i found the last few days, i first got a few games i really wanted in a yard sales and then today i found a recently released game i also really wanted for way less than what i thought i was going to pay for it, first are what i found in the yard sales:

A woman was selling a lot of PS2 & PS3 games and a few other things for 2€ each but most of the cases didn't had the rights disk inside, with her consent i started to check and sort her games while putting on the side what i wanted to buy, sadly i couldn't find all the disks for what i wanted but i still got a few games and she even give me a good price for them

PS2
.Hack Quarantine (the bonus DVD is missing sadly but i know a gamer who will still be pretty happy when i will give him this since he searched it for years now)
Armored Core 2: Another Age (CIB, YES ! I'm only missing Last Raven now to have all the Armored Core on PS2)
Myth Makers: Super Kart GP (CIB, I love shitty games ;D and the first two i had were badly fun, that also make another series complete now 8))

PS3
Tales of Xillia 2 Day One Edition (CIB, i had trouble finding the music disk that comes with it but i finally found it in a copy a Kingdom Hearts 2 on PS2... couldn't find the disk for KH2 though :-\)

I also got ChuChu Rocket ! for Dreamcast (loose, only have the front cover and the disk) and Game & Watch Gallery for Game Boy (loose), i got the whole lot for only 6€  8).

I also found on another stand a few PC games :

Hits Collection 2006 (0,50€)
KKND Krush Kill 'N' Destroy (BigBox - 2€)
Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness (BigBox -2€. The third edition i have in my collection now, that one is the MAC Edition)

And here are what i found today while checking a few shops:

PS4
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception (CIB, with the artbook inside, 15€... well it was used of course but still... what shocked me more was that an employee was trying to convince me to not buy it  :o "the game isn't translated in french and the voices are in Chinese or something like that, we have better games in stock... we just received an used copy of Tekken 7 and Dirt 4 if you want"...  ::)).

PC
Legend of Kay Anniversary (New for 0.99€, i was waiting for a price drop on Steam... i don't think i can find a better price ;D)

I also got a PS3 Batman Arkham City Controller (made by Power A, new for 8,99€), two Skylanders Eon's Elite (Spyro and Whirlwind, 3€ each) and two TitanFall K'Nex box (for 1,50€ each).

spac316

« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2017, 06:04:41 pm »
Another batch of pick ups. I got Yoshi's Topsy Turvy for GBA, Revenge of the Gator for GB and Odin Sphere for PS2.

sworddude

« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2017, 08:42:01 am »
Not to many adds but than again I don't mind i would rather have quality over quantity

Free random small deals all cib

super hind
odama gamecube big box
proffesor layton game sleeve
baseball stars neo geo pocket pal version
little king sotry
secret of mana snes cib with map ;D

A friend called it quits as far as snes retrogaming goes, So he gave me his everdrive for free, Pretty handy to play those tranlated games pretty pleased.

Strategy guide deals all for free

Pokemon crystal
pokemon colloseum limited edition
zelda twilight
mario sunshine
final fantasy I & II
mega man battlke network 10 euro's shipped

A solid ps2 ps1 deal all for free cib nice shape

ps2

Wipeout pulse
pryzm unicorn
ring of red
final fight street wise
monster attack

Ps1

Ct special forces
kurushi final
steel harbinger

A cheap nes deal for free pretty rare for nes as in deals I mean.

Had a spare console so an excellent condition box with both foam inlays etc

A very solid snes deal all non german boxes pretty nice condition boxes

Cybernator   :D
battle toads in battle maniacs  :D
street fighter II   :D
donkey kong country 3   :D
the lost vikings   :D

And than finally but not least, some huy was selling some random bad european psp games, european kiddy ds games and allot of crappy NTC gamecube games including this game in excellent cib shape  :o 

I made a solid offer that any normal guy would't refuce offered the guy 29 euro's shipped and gave him a printscreen of the payment for a cib copy of. Pretty sure I could have bought it for a tenner if it was a local pickup but I could't take any chances.

Cubivores survival of the fittest   ;D

Have never seen this game being sold by collectors in europe even on ebay except for some years ago. Pretty tough to find outside of the US let alone from someone who did not know what he had and just randomly bought the game in the past.

In my opinion not a heavy hitter but I didn't expect to find it for a low price let alone in europe a pretty awesome game gameplay wise. My snes collection is getting kinda decent some solid weeks I won't complain.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 09:59:23 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

doafan

« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2017, 01:05:36 pm »
Gotta love the discounts for the Gold Membership where again for ¢50 cents ($10 Pesos) renewed my subscription to this service and now I own a digital copy of Assassin's Creed III and Dragon Age: Origins for the Xbox 360 and for the Xbox One now I own SpeedRunners and Watch Dogs also for watching the E3 coverage on their Mixer platform received two free digital rewards being these titles Rare Replay and Final Station, can't deny that it was an awesome month cause for less than a dollar got another six titles ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

theflea

« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2017, 10:25:02 pm »
Had a good week for finds, added a rare console to the collection and had some great unexpected finds from garage sales.

First the store / online pick ups...

Amiibo
Got 2/3 of the link Amiibos, I'm still not sure whats going on with the Skyward Sword one.
- Link: Twilight Princess
- Link: Majora's Mask

PS4
- God Wars: Future Past - Limited Edition
I ordered this game twice on Amazon and both times the seller sent it to the wrong address. So I got a refund and just found one at Gamestop. lol
- Lumo

VITA
- God Wars: Future Past - Limited Edition

Wii U
Seeing how this is the last Wii U game released ATM and only one Gamestop in my area even got a copy I figured I might as well pick it up in case it becomes rare.
- Cars 3: Driven to Win

3DS
- Dokidoki Majo Shinpan! 2 - Limited Edition [JP]

Wii
Saw this at a Gamestop for $4.
- Wii Play Motion

GBA
A gamestop got this in for only $8. Most people on Ebay want $20-30 for it loose.
- Drill Dozer

XB
My local used game store got this in for only $3. I don't see this game often.
- Tron 2.0: Killer App

PS1
Another weird Japanese game I had to pick up.
- Goball Screen

Stopped at a Antique shop and found a booth that sold video games and the whole booth was 20% off.  :)
He had a lot of odd games I don't usually see. Even had a huge stack of T16 & Jaguar games.  :o
Prices where mixed, high to low. But I picked out a few games I need at decent prices + 20% off.  ;)
GEN
- Atomic Robo Kid (only missing manual)
SCD
- Surgical Strike (CIB)
- Kris Kros (CIB)
- Willy Beamish (CIB)
JAG
- I-War (SEALED)
- International Sensible Soccer (SEALED)
- Brutal Football (SEALED)
T16CD
- Splash Lake

NEOGEO CD
I finally got the last Neo Geo system I was missing.
- Neo Geo CDZ
It was modified with HDTV and a Region switch. got it for less then a normal one goes for.

And now onto the garage sale finds...

A Super Pac-Man Plug n Play for $1.

A Pac-Man board game from the 80s for only $1. (it had all its pieces only missing instructions)  ;D

PS4
Found a brand new sealed PS4 game at a garage sale for only $6.  :o
- Dragonball Xenoverse 2

XBone
- WWE 2K16 ($1)

3DS
Lady had a table full of 3DS & DS games but wanted $10 a piece. Only saw one game that made want to spend close to that. A game that can go for $30 online. I was able to get her to take $8 for it.
- Madden NFL Football

XB360
- Thor ($1)
- NBA 2K13 ($1)

Wii
The day I go out and not find a Wii game would be a shock. lol
- Deal or No Deal: Special Edition ($1)
- Toy Story 3 ($1)
- Top Shot Dinosaur Hunter ($2)
- Hello Kitty Seasons ($1)
- Mario Super Sluggers ($1)
- Super Mario Galaxy 2 ($1)

NDS
- Disney Princess: Magic Jewels ($1)
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold the Videogame ($1)
- Spider-Man: Edge of Time ($1)
These next four I stopped at a sale asked about games and was told no. I still looked around and saw these on a table marked .10c each. I just bought them all. lol
- Imagine Babyz
- Disney Wizards of Waverly Place
- I Love Beauty
- Crash: Mind Over Mutant

PS2
- World Championship Paintball ($2)
- Sonic Riders ($2)
- Cars: Race O Rama ($2)
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Special Edition ($2)
- Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (its missing manual and bonus disc but for $1 I can't pass it up)

stopped at a random garage sale and asked about games, she said she had some PS2. She brings out 3 games and I was shocked to see what games they where.  :o I ask how much and she said $10 for all I couldn't say no. lol  ;D
PS2
- Magna Carta: Tears of Blood - Deluxe Box Set (and it's complete)  ;D
PS1
- Legend of Dragoon
- Final Fantasy IX (GH)
Now FFIX is not shown because a friend of mine saw it and traded me this for it.
- Jumping Flash

SMS
Walked into a sale and saw a bunch of loose consoles, XB, PS1, PS2, PS3 but no games. I did see this for $1.
- Sega Control Stick
- Sega Rapid Fire Adapter

NES
Stopped at a sale and asked about games and the lady told me no and she was already asked twice.  :-\
There was another sale right next door, figured it was already hit but I asked anyway. The lady said she had a Nintendo but she still liked to play it. I ask if she had any games she doesn't play anymore? She thought about it a second and told her daughter to bring out any games they didn't play. The little girl brings out three games. The mother looked them over and said I could buy two of them. (she wanted to keep baseball stars) Here's the two games I got for $1 each.
- Popeye
- Terminator 2

I saw an ad for a sale and it advertised NES, SNES, N64, Playstation, PS2, and Turbografx 16. I knew this was one of two things 1. A reseller or 2. a Collector. It was an hour drive to get there but I had to see what he had.
I get there and already see people there. A couple I recognized as collector's and resellers. The guy was a collector and they where priced pritty much a little under Ebay. there was not that many T16 games but he did have one T16CD game I needed. He also had a huge tub full of INTV and Atari games. I look through it and find a couple I was missing. It was tough getting him to deal. Best I could get him to do was all three for $30.
INTV
- Super Pro Decathlon
- World Cup Soccer
T16CD
- Sherlock Holmes 2

Next I was at a sale and saw he had a XB360 for sale. I ask about games and he tells me he had some PS2, I was like okay I'll take a look and then he says I also have an old Atari. I told him I'll take a look at that too. He first brings out the PS2 games and there where all crap. Then after a long wait he brings out a large tub. I open and see an Atari 5200 with 17 games. I ask a price and he wanted $40. I tell him how the controllers usually don't work and he swears it worked last time he used it. (we'll see about that. lol) I also point out the lid was missing. He finally agrees to sell it for $30 and I felt sorry for the old Atari and gave in. lol Here are the games it came with.
Atari 5200
- Pac-Man
- Space Invaders
- Centipede
- Defender
- Super Breakout
- Missile Command
- Star Raiders
- Galaxian
- Qix
- Pole Position
- Kangaroo
- Jungle Hunt
- Joust
- Vanguard
- Space Dungeon
- Star Wars The Arcade Game
- Unknown Parker Bros. Game (guessing Frogger)

N64
And last the one that could have gotten away. lol
I stopped at a sale and ask about games and the lady acted like she had something but in the end I couldn't get her to go look. So as I leave I bump into an old friend and game collector. I stop and we talk and while we are talking the lady comes up to me and shows me a shoe box. "Is this what your looking for?" I open the box and see a N64 with 2 controllers and some games. My friend is looking at me like WTH. I ask a price and she says $20 and I pay her ASAP. lol My friend starts to ask what was in the box and I tell him I'll show you when I get to your place. (He invited me over to check out his game room, this is where I traded the FFIX.) If I didn't bump into my friend odds are I would have left by the time she found the N64. Here's what I got. All the games are like brand new.
- N64 with 2 controllers and a RAM pak inside. (even had manual and a poster about hooking up a NES and SNES)
- Nascar 2000
- Diddy Kong Racing (with manual)
- Super Mario 64 (with manual)
- Mario Kart 64 (with manual)
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - CE (with a strategy guide)

It was a good weekend for games.  8)

« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 11:00:38 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

tripredacus

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2017, 12:30:44 pm »
Found NES carts at a Goodwill for the first time ever.

spac316

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2017, 07:24:01 pm »
Two games came into the mail for me. WWF War Zone for GB and WWF Raw for GG.

I was supposed to get three, but they sent me a wrong game so I'll see if I can get an exchange for the proper one I ordered...

EDIT: The store got back to me and they are aware they made a mistake, so they have sent me the proper game I ordered. I am returning the wrong one they sent me.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 02:45:16 am by spac316 »

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2017, 07:43:12 pm »
Got another small batch of 360 games today. Mainly sports games, but still needed for the collection:

360:

Fantastic Pets
Fifa 10
NBA Ballers: Chosen One
NBA Live 08
NCAA Football 09
Madden 15
Iron Man 2
The Outfit
Nickelodeon Dance 2

482 games remain...

Card/Board: