Author Topic: Sub Rebellion: Trying to 'S' the Final Mission  (Read 741 times)

pzeke

Sub Rebellion: Trying to 'S' the Final Mission
« on: July 11, 2017, 05:34:19 am »
Has anyone here played Sub Rebellion?

I got and finished this game about four years ago (if memory serves). I haven't played it since, but during that time I tried to get S rank on the final mission, but it seems nigh impossible. I was wondering if someone here has played it and managed to get the rank. What was your method? Any tips?

Here's a video for the sake of reference:
https://www.youtube.com/v/cXEl88HqAgg

To those that haven't played it, it's a great game. It's by IREM, and it's considered a spiritual successor to "In the Hunt". There's also a game for the PlayStation called "Tigershark" that's quite similar.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 05:36:38 am by pzeke »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

Re: Sub Rebellion: Trying to 'S' the Final Mission
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 08:00:42 am »
OMG this game.

My brother-in-law had this game when it came out and he liked it until he got to the last mission.  AFAIR we never even beat that last mission.  I wanna say the instructions were very vague and there were 0 walkthroughs or cheats or codes for that game and last I looked there still is no such thing.

Good luck.

pzeke

Re: Sub Rebellion: Trying to 'S' the Final Mission
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 04:00:55 pm »
GameFAQs has two guides. I started writing one after I beat the game, but never followed through. This particular mission is quite simple: you have to find 10 relics that are scattered throughout the stage. Once you find one, you have to find the next one within a set amount of time, otherwise you'll lose. The stage itself is devoid of enemies, so you won't have any problems there. However, the stage is essentially a maze, and as you venture deeper to find the relics, the pressure will slowly drain your shield. After finding all the relics you battle The Hammerhead, who has been pestering you throughout the game, so this is your final encounter with it. After that you battle the final boss, the last Guardian.

I've beaten this stage already, multiple times in fact. I just would like to 'S' the mission, but like I mentioned, it is near impossible to do it. To get a higher rank you have to finish every mission with a set percentage on shield, treasure, and destruction; I believe it's between 80-90% for each. Not sure exactly, as it's been years since I played. The fact of the matter is the stage makes it difficult for you to accomplish this because the remaining treasure that you can dig out to increase your number is deeper underground, meaning your shield will get depleted. The standard strategy is to dig up as much treasure as possible before hunting the relics down, then battle both bosses without losing any shield. I've accomplished this every time, but it still wasn't enough. Just like this stage has no enemies, it also doesn't have a single health pick up, so it truly tests you.

Truly underrated game, by the way. Anyone reading this that hasn't played it, give it a try.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!