Author Topic: TCG/CCG Thread  (Read 1105 times)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

TCG/CCG Thread
« on: June 04, 2017, 09:10:12 pm »
Not all games have to be Digital to be enjoyed.
I thought it would be nice to have a thread to post about Trading Card Games talk about things such as formats, Deck list, upcoming sets, Epic matches, Bad Beats ETC. Mainly I just want a place to place my decklist and I hope others do to.
I've been playing a lot of Magic the Gathering lately along with the occasional play session of the Pokemon TCG Online so those will be What I mainly focus on.

anyways Here is my MTG Modern Deck which I call the Izzet Glass Canon

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/661279#paper

for those who don't know Izzet is a MTG Term referring to the Color Combination of Red and Blue from the 5-colors of Red, Blue, Green, White, and Black.

I've got several other decks I'm going to post when I get them written up on Goldfish
4 commander decks - 3 still building
3 Standard Decks - 1 needs improvement
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 09:14:46 pm by redblaze57 »

Re: TCG/CCG Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 10:52:56 pm »
I used to play commander whenever I had a chance but most of the time I had to supply the deck for everyone playing. I have cards from all the way back to Unlimited and people tend to frown when I start pulling Eldrazi from my graveyard using Bazaar of Baghdad and Entomb.

www.gamelust.com Looking for help with data entry and creating content(news/reviews).

telly

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 09:21:00 am »
I follow the Pokemon Trading Card game very heavily, though I never bought the cards other than the ones I got when I was a kid from time to time. One of these days I would love to build a competitive deck and see how far I could go with it. I just enjoy following the game and watching the big decks/ metagame and the Nationals and Worlds tournaments. I did play PTCGO for a bit too; again, never spent any actual money on the game.

As you can see in my sig, I'm also trying out some Yu-Gi-Oh. I also loved the pirates CSG when I was a kid, it was probably the thing I have the most of.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_Constructible_Strategy_Game
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 02:35:16 pm »
I use to play the Dragon Ball Z card game back in high school.  I still got all my character cards since those were always the coolest and though I played some, I was more about collecting lol

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 10:50:40 pm »
Just posted my Favorite Commander Deck so far
I didn't really have a name for it so I just up the name

Sydri's Genius Combos
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/665921#paper
have fun going infinite with this deck

note on the Commander deck I'm working on now. Jund is a color combination in Magic and a saying for this color combo is "Jund 'em Out" the deck I'm building is based on dragons. Wizards of the Coast owns both Magic the Gathering and Dungeons & Dragons. I'm going to Call the Deck  "Jund 'em & Dragons" I chose this combo just for the pun

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 11:55:39 pm »
Back when I was younger, my CCG of choice was Decipher's Star Trek. I did play Pokemon quite a bit when it first came out, but petered off around the Neo sets. I do still get the occasional pack, but that's more for the Pins than anything. Still have all my cards for them, which would be around 13-15,000 cards across all my collections.

Nowadays, probably the biggest collectible game I'm still into is Star Wars Miniatures. While the game officially ended years ago, it still has a dedicated playerbase who release virtual sets to keep the game alive. Beyond that, my gaming group gets our card game fix from the various deck-building games out there (Dominion, DC, Space Dandy, Attack on Titan, Valley of the Kings, etc) as well as Smash Up (not many other card games allow you to have Time-traveling Cyborg Apes vs. Ninja Grandmas). Plenty of good fun with those and nowhere near the strain on the wallet like what Magic or Warhammer would be (more money to purchase video games then).

telly

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 09:51:32 am »
Nowadays, probably the biggest collectible game I'm still into is Star Wars Miniatures. While the game officially ended years ago, it still has a dedicated playerbase who release virtual sets to keep the game alive. Beyond that, my gaming group gets our card game fix from the various deck-building games out there (Dominion, DC, Space Dandy, Attack on Titan, Valley of the Kings, etc) as well as Smash Up (not many other card games allow you to have Time-traveling Cyborg Apes vs. Ninja Grandmas). Plenty of good fun with those and nowhere near the strain on the wallet like what Magic or Warhammer would be (more money to purchase video games then).

I have some Star Wars Miniatures too. I would often play that game against myself, since it was so complicated that I couldn't teach anyone else how to play  ;D
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2017, 10:30:01 am »

I have some Star Wars Miniatures too. I would often play that game against myself, since it was so complicated that I couldn't teach anyone else how to play  ;D

Personally, I found it one of the easier games to learn and teach, as everything's pretty straightforward except Bombad Gungan (Though the best thing to do is to stick with the first 4-5 sets until they get the gist of the game). My biggest issue was that my friends were complete garbage at squad construction and synergy, so I would win far too often for everyone's liking, even when making squads for them or handicapping myself.
But on the bright side, there's always Vassal to play against people online.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2017, 11:36:43 pm »
New Commander Deck is up. a mono-red Goblin Tribal i call
"If You Listen to Fools, the Mob Rules"
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/688990#paper