Author Topic: E3 2017!  (Read 12979 times)

maximo310

Re: E3 2017!
« Reply #135 on: June 14, 2017, 02:49:16 am »
The real kicker is that since the cpu is just based on the xbox one design, its gonna bottleneck which will mostly result in 1800p upscaled to "4k" at hopefully 60 fps. 

Most of the features they announced like the og xbox emulator, cuphead, and ori 2 are coming to pc anyways. Even Raiden V (which was a xbone exclusive in japan) is only getting a release in the west on ps4, along with all of the other niche titles getting ps4/pc releases. I'll probably be mostly sticking w/ pc; $500 for xbonex isn't really worth it imo.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 02:51:33 am by maximo310 »

« Reply #136 on: June 14, 2017, 03:04:23 am »
Yeah the Xbox One X didn't hype me up for getting an Xbone, it just cemented my desire to upgrade my PC and I'm looking at a new graphics card and maybe doubling my RAM to 16gb lol Nearly everything they are releasing is coming to PC.  The Xbox One X has it's place, but I don't think many avid PC users are going to be switching over.

And really, how big of a thing is 4k really?  Hard to find numbers, but one place I found says that 4k TV household ownership will jump to 34% in 2019.  So basically a third of households in 2 years will even own a 4k TV.  Xbox will be on the ground floor, but the PS5 is gonna come eventually and it won't have that advantage forever.  People will go to the shelves and see the Xbone S for half the price, which plays all the same games and also has the backwards compatibility and just go with that.  Teraflops and RAM aren't gonna mean too much then.

On the other hand...Minecraft in 4k.  All those gloriously pixelated blocks and getting features PC users have had in Minecraft for years now! Too tempting to pass up...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 03:10:21 am by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #137 on: June 14, 2017, 06:49:25 am »
The real kicker is that since the cpu is just based on the xbox one design, its gonna bottleneck which will mostly result in 1800p upscaled to "4k" at hopefully 60 fps. 

Most of the features they announced like the og xbox emulator, cuphead, and ori 2 are coming to pc anyways. Even Raiden V (which was a xbone exclusive in japan) is only getting a release in the west on ps4, along with all of the other niche titles getting ps4/pc releases. I'll probably be mostly sticking w/ pc; $500 for xbonex isn't really worth it imo.
Wat?  How is the OG Xbox emulator coming to PC?  Is the 360 emulator on PC?

kashell

« Reply #138 on: June 14, 2017, 08:20:19 am »
No Mana Collection announcement?

soera

« Reply #139 on: June 14, 2017, 10:51:31 am »
I really dont think it matters what Xbox does at this time, they are not going to compete with the library that Sony has and that is what defines gaming is the games.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #140 on: June 14, 2017, 12:37:08 pm »
I really dont think it matters what Xbox does at this time, they are not going to compete with the library that Sony has and that is what defines gaming is the games.

Except for a handful of exclusives, they have pretty damn similar libraries. It's basically like this: If you like Halo or Gears of War buy an XBox, if you like Uncharted or God of War buy a PlayStation.

XBox vs. PlayStation is just laughable compared to the console wars of yesteryear. It used to be that owning a Genesis or SNES would get you completely different feeling libraries. Nintendo is really the only unique console manufacturer anymore.

azure

« Reply #141 on: June 14, 2017, 12:41:07 pm »
Xbox is a wasteland when it comes to anything from Japanese devs aside from a few titles as well. Which is a real shame, past Xbox consoles have had some great exclusives from Japanese devs.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #142 on: June 14, 2017, 12:41:40 pm »
I think this was the weakest E3 I've ever watched.

What I'm excited for:

-Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (Why isn't this Wolfenstein 3? There was the The New Order and the The Old Blood, both in the same storyline with the same characters.)

-Original XBox games backwards compatible with XBox One - Perfect timing for me since my original XBox is starting to have trouble reading discs.

-Metroid Prime 4 - OH HELL YEAH!!! This was the biggest moment of E3, for me. But all we got was a logo, so I'm expecting this 2-3 years down the line.

-Legend of Zelda: Breath of Wild Expansions - We already knew these were coming, but still, fan-freaking-tastic game, so it's good to be getting new content.

The XBox One X could be exciting, if I planned on getting a 4K T.V. in the near future, but I'm not.

And I might be excited for the new God of War, if I owned a PS4, but I don't.

Super Mario Odyssey looks fun and all, but it's just not enough to make me want to run out and buy a Switch since I already have it's best game on my Wii U (Zelda: BotW).

doafan

« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2017, 01:41:52 pm »
-Original XBox games backwards compatible with XBox One

If I can finally play the Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball game that I have been keeping in a shoe box for almost four years I'll get one  :o

The XBox One X could be exciting

Bet that you aren't that excited, at least not like old Vince.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

spac316

« Reply #144 on: June 14, 2017, 02:11:06 pm »
Watched Nintendo's e3 presentation. Nothing to spectacular but it was still good.
Nice that Nintendo knows Metroid still exists! lol
An OFFICIAL remake of Metroid II and Metroid Prime 4 are in the works.
More new amiibo...Ooh boy. More collectables to suck the cash out of my wallet. Oy Vey!
New Yoshi and Kirby games. I'm sure they'll be fun.
Gameplay trailers for Fire Emblem Warriors and Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
A new Core Pokemon game is planed for the Switch. Who knows when that will be ready. I'm sure that will print them money.
They show cased the Breath of the Wild expansions.
Also, Rocket League is coming to Switch.
And lastly, new footage of Super Mario Odyssey. It's looking better by the minute.

Overall, it was adequate. No announcements of a Switch port of Smash Bros. 4 or new F-Zero or anything. Oh well.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #145 on: June 14, 2017, 02:31:39 pm »
I somehow missed this awesomeness...Metroid: The Return of Samus for 3DS!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H09GVFbxFkI

« Reply #146 on: June 14, 2017, 02:39:00 pm »

Except for a handful of exclusives, they have pretty damn similar libraries. It's basically like this: If you like Halo or Gears of War buy an XBox, if you like Uncharted or God of War buy a PlayStation.

XBox vs. PlayStation is just laughable compared to the console wars of yesteryear. It used to be that owning a Genesis or SNES would get you completely different feeling libraries. Nintendo is really the only unique console manufacturer anymore.

It's more than just their one or two mainstays.  Sure, it's not as extreme as back in the day, but Playstation just objectively has a bunch more exclusives, even if we allow Xbox to have their PC ports.  Alot of it comes fromm the fact that the Xbox does not have a very big Japanese developer support and that accounts for a lot of games its not getting.  Yakuza, Nioh, alot of JRPG's, and others.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #147 on: June 14, 2017, 03:39:37 pm »

What I'm excited for:

-Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (Why isn't this Wolfenstein 3? There was the The New Order and the The Old Blood, both in the same storyline with the same characters.)

-Original XBox games backwards compatible with XBox One - Perfect timing for me since my original XBox is starting to have trouble reading discs.

-Metroid Prime 4 - OH HELL YEAH!!! This was the biggest moment of E3, for me. But all we got was a logo, so I'm expecting this 2-3 years down the line.

-Legend of Zelda: Breath of Wild Expansions - We already knew these were coming, but still, fan-freaking-tastic game, so it's good to be getting new content.

The XBox One X could be exciting, if I planned on getting a 4K T.V. in the near future, but I'm not.

And I might be excited for the new God of War, if I owned a PS4, but I don't.

Super Mario Odyssey looks fun and all, but it's just not enough to make me want to run out and buy a Switch since I already have it's best game on my Wii U (Zelda: BotW).

Oh yeah, I forgot about The Evil Within 2. That looks good. I still have yet to play the first game, though.

maximo310

« Reply #148 on: June 14, 2017, 04:23:30 pm »

Wat?  How is the OG Xbox emulator coming to PC?  Is the 360 emulator on PC?
http://www.pcgamer.com/phil-spencer-wants-to-bring-og-xbox-backwards-compatibility-and-xbox-play-anywhere-to-pc/

So even though you might have to pay for it on pc, it'd still be a worthwhile option for me.

« Reply #149 on: June 14, 2017, 04:34:04 pm »

We have been very spoiled these past four years at E3, especially the last two years. There have been way worse E3 conferences, especially in the early 2010s. I think you should watch some of them on youtube if you want to see a really bad E3 lol. I feel like this year was below average, but not horrible.