Author Topic: E3 2017!  (Read 13968 times)

Re: E3 2017!
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2017, 10:21:31 pm »
What a piss poor conference EA had, although I didn't expect much from them. Even the two games that interested me that they showed, the new Bioware game and Battlefront 2, they managed to screw up in terms of presentation. The trailer for the Bioware game (can't even remember the name because of how unremarkable the reveal was) made it look like a generic dystopian sci-fi game that we've seen and played a million times. And then there was Battlefront 2; they open the reveal by stressing the addition of a single player campaign, AND THEN DO NOT MENTION OR SHOW IT AGAIN! Nope, just the multiplayer, multiplayer, and the multiplayer. I fucking hate EA with a passion, and I'd be shocked if either of these games actually delivered once released due to the company behind them consistently failing to deliver on the hype they surround their games with. As for everything else they showed off, I have no interest in them, which sadly includes NFS, which I was more excited about before E3, but now I know I won't be buying it.

As for tomorrow, I am interested in Microsoft's conference, mostly because of the Scorpio reveal and I have very, very high hopes for Bethesda. Here's hoping we get anything regarding Elder Scrolls 6.

hexen

« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2017, 12:11:42 am »
Also I'm very hopeful for Bioware's newest IP

Yo, I'm really happy for you and I'mma let you finish, but BioWare has fallen more than almost any other developer, so I would be veeeeeeeery skeptical about expecting anything from them. It is very likely a cancer that will only spread too because all the talent has left and been replaced with people not interested in making a fun game with a deep story, but instead... something else that I probably don't have to say that anyone who follows gaming already knows. As time goes on they are only going to replace more senior members with these clownshoes.

Who knows, maybe they can turn it around but I think it is too late. Their good name has been tarnished and I can't give them the benefit of the doubt anymore.

Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

soera

« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2017, 09:43:39 am »
I fucking hate EA with a passion

This is me.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2017, 11:19:41 am »
My thoughts exactly on SW: Battlefront II. They tease us with a possible campaign, and then say NOTHING about said campaign...WTF?!

azure

« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2017, 11:23:56 am »

« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2017, 12:40:26 pm »
Also I'm very hopeful for Bioware's newest IP

Yo, I'm really happy for you and I'mma let you finish, but BioWare has fallen more than almost any other developer, so I would be veeeeeeeery skeptical about expecting anything from them. It is very likely a cancer that will only spread too because all the talent has left and been replaced with people not interested in making a fun game with a deep story, but instead... something else that I probably don't have to say that anyone who follows gaming already knows. As time goes on they are only going to replace more senior members with these clownshoes.

Who knows, maybe they can turn it around but I think it is too late. Their good name has been tarnished and I can't give them the benefit of the doubt anymore.

I think their "fall" is overblown, though their name has taken a hit, but I can still be hopeful for the game, while being cautious.  Mass Effect 3 was a good game, it just had the story troubles and that bad end.  I generally liked Dragon Age Inquisition, though I'm not someone that cared about the games before, and really the only big poor game I've seen is Andromeda, which was made by their third string crew, not the main branch, which has been working on Anthem for awhile.  Not saying it's gonna be the next big game, I'm just very interested in the concept right now and excited to see what the game actually is today at the Microsoft event.  I could think entirely differently after they show it off lol

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2017, 05:06:44 pm »
Microsoft Confrence

XBOX ONE X- It's the goddamn 90's naming all over again

Tech blah blah

Forza 7- Wait I thought it was on 6? ehh whatever also a Porsche was unveiled

Metro Exodus- Looks interesting

Assassin's Creed Origins- now in Egypt and giant Snake honestly looks like the most interesting since 2 (the ubisoft presentor almost said Xbox One S instead of X)

PUBG- on console soon

Deep Rock- eh

Satae of Decay 2- never played the first

the Darwin Project- looks like they are trying to get the Overwatch crowd. like the artstyle thought

Minecraft- universal Servers connecting everything, updated lighting & maybe textures

Dragonball Fighter Z- Looks F**king badass heard it's by Arc System Works

Black Desert- the Rock monster had a hip bone

the Last night- I have no Idea what to think of this one

the Artful Escape- What did I just watch...

CodeVein- the Male Character looks vaguely reminds me of Nero from DMC4. looks cool though

Sea of theives- I hope this doesn't die in a few weeks of launch like most Online multiplayer

Gotta go eat so I'm going to miss stuff

Life is strange Before the Storm- kinda came back near the end

Shadow of War- Looks good, army building via brainwashing now. I like that Orc, Bruz he's pretty funny

Live Piano... wait Ori??? Dude I think this is Ori 2...YES Ori and the Will of the Whisp

XBOX BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY WILL HAVE HAS OG XBOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now you can play Xbox one games on your Xbox One... Wait Wut?

Nov 7 $499 for Xbox One X Ehh...

Anthem- well... it looks good

Overall got things I'm defiantly Looking Forward to. though not to sure on the price of the X

Things I missed apparently a mascot platformer where the Character looks way too much like Conker, A video game Montage, and Terry Crews is in Crackdown 3

I gotta say 2 of the greatest things that will come out of this E3 will be OG Xbox BC and Terry Crews Selling Crackdown 3
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 07:08:29 pm by redblaze57 »

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2017, 05:29:23 pm »
I'm so happy for Metro Exodus right now lol That was one of the big games I was hoping to have revealed during E3.  Also Xbox One X is a terrible name, but Xbox One was always a bad name to begin with and this does show them trying to make sure to not mistake this as like an Xbox 4 or anything like that.

Loot system and now levels for enemies in AC: Origins.  That seems very Division-like.

Dude, Dragon Ball Fighters looks amazing.  It's literally Marvel vs Capcom x Guilty Gear x Dragon Ball Z.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 06:16:07 pm by kamikazekeeg »

azure

« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2017, 06:31:49 pm »
OG Xbox backwards compatibility. Now thats interesting.

« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2017, 06:46:58 pm »
Microsoft had a pretty good conference.  Lots of just showing games and while nothing blew me away and I'll never buy an Xbone, since I have a PC, they showed off a lot of good stuff, much of it not being Xbox exclusive, but still good reveals.

« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2017, 06:58:08 pm »
I thought the Microsoft conference was pretty damn good overall, but still nothing that is going to make me go out and buy an XBONE or drop $500 on the new X model. I am not a fan of the new mid-generation console upgrade trend that has been happening, but i feel Microsoft is doing a good job getting people interested in 4K gaming.

Probably the thing I likes the most was all the games they showed off, most of which I can't wait to play on my PS4 lol. I will also give them credit for getting me excited about Anthem, Bioware's new game in development. Funny enough I thought it was EA's job, not Microsoft's, to get me excited about their games. The only two exclusives that I will lamment not being able to play for a while are Cuphead and and that Super Foxxy platformer game. Forza 7 looks cool, but I am probably going to get my racing sim fix with Gran Turismo Sport which we will probably see more of tomorrow.

Now onto Bethesda later tonight! Ultra hyped about this one!

« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2017, 07:03:09 pm »
The Microsoft event just reinforced my desire to upgrade my PC lol Everything they announced will be playable on PC or PS4, so I'm set.

kevininja

« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2017, 07:09:33 pm »
Microsoft's conference was pretty damn good, lots of games I'm interested in. Didn't expect to see a new Metro game. I'm also super excited for Life is Strange: Before The Storm!

ferraroso

« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2017, 07:09:49 pm »
I used to think that Wii U was the worst name for a console ever, but Microsoft made me rethink it.
XBox One X is, by far, worse!

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2017, 07:14:09 pm »
Let's see if we were to narrow down the way we normally do you know like NES, SNES, PS$, XBone the XBox One X would be... XBOX... Wait...