Author Topic: ntsc ps2 in Netherlands power question  (Read 2042 times)

ntsc ps2 in Netherlands power question
« on: June 16, 2017, 03:18:31 pm »
I live in the netherlands and I own an NTSC ps2

if I want to use it can i just use an dutch power cable or do I need to use the ntsc one with an convertor?

I want to hook mine up  but I dont wanna fry it.

if it mathers the model is SCPH-30001

I cnat use the us cable I have with it because the us use an differnet wall outlet then we do.

Re: ntsc ps2 in Netherlands power question
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 08:56:00 pm »
  I assume the dutch PS2s and the american PS2s would require the same amount of voltage.  I am almost 100 percent certain nothing bad will happen if you plug the dutch power supply but don't hold me to it lol. :) 

Try to check the voltage output of the dutch power cable if it says on the wire anywhere.  I know Slim PS2s take 8.5 volts.  i think that most fat model PS2s as you described with the model number take 125 volts,  7 amps.     

« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 09:00:46 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 02:35:42 pm »
Just buy a Dutch PS2, they are cheap.

And we have a different volt output here (220 volt).

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 06:17:25 pm »

I have a dutch one already I also have an us one on top of that and the US ps2 says 120 volt.

I relay need to get my us one working though I have 2 ps2 games that I thought for years where fake but some new things I found out makes it seem like they might be real after all.

and the only 100% sure way to test if they are real or not is an us ps2.

sworddude

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 05:53:55 pm »

I have a dutch one already I also have an us one on top of that and the US ps2 says 120 volt.

I relay need to get my us one working though I have 2 ps2 games that I thought for years where fake but some new things I found out makes it seem like they might be real after all.

now I'm curious

wich american ps2 games are we talking about.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

tripredacus

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 10:52:46 am »
From what I have read, you need to get a different power adapter. It isn't like the Slim models where you can just get a different plug. There is the chance that just plugging it in directly will damage the system. I have read a little bit online and most people that have an original NTSC PS2 in europe have to use a power transformer or other type of power supply to get the correct voltage to the outlet the PS2 is connected to.

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 05:32:05 pm »

now I'm curious

the 2 I own arent on this picture but this is the only thing I found on the internet about them

http://playstationcollecting.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=75&threadid=156313

and these are the 2 I have

http://imgur.com/lZBFBXg

they dont have manuels and I thought for years they where copies however in the middle cicrle before you get the dis arc lets say there is written that it are ps2 discs

as far as I know general people cant  make that so they might be real but the only way to be 100% sure is testing them in an us ps2

sworddude

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 06:16:42 pm »

now I'm curious

the 2 I own arent on this picture but this is the only thing I found on the internet about them

http://playstationcollecting.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=75&threadid=156313

and these are the 2 I have

http://imgur.com/lZBFBXg

they dont have manuels and I thought for years they where copies however in the middle cicrle before you get the dis arc lets say there is written that it are ps2 discs

as far as I know general people cant  make that so they might be real but the only way to be 100% sure is testing them in an us ps2

what does it prove if a game works on an original console?

Pirate copies are meant to work on original consoles and to be pretty much the same as the original if the pirate is good there is no difference. in the worst case it might have some problems with gameplay if the quality isn;t great. It could be perfect and still be fake, pirates can have excellent quality It is their purpose after all.

The cover does have the same font as some of the other games on the pictures so it might be the same.

I have to say though Wild arms alter code f is an ntc exclusive rpg so that's a pretty interesting game to have in europe

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 06:33:50 pm »
if it works it proves that it is indeed an original ps2 game  and since info about these versions is so scarce they might be something realy special.

if they are fake its nothing special or anything  but if they are original they might be something relay rare and amazing

and pirate copies on the ps2 dont work on an unmodded ps2  thats the thing:)

sworddude

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2017, 06:18:37 am »
if it works it proves that it is indeed an original ps2 game  and since info about these versions is so scarce they might be something realy special.

if they are fake its nothing special or anything  but if they are original they might be something relay rare and amazing

home made pirates do indeed not work on original consoles unmodded however if it is semi proffesional, wich were sold in the past it will work on original ps2 consoles unmodded or not.

also if you would like my opinion, I'm pretty sure these are fake unless the discs are the same as the legit copies. also if it is semi proffesional it can have some things wich cannot be done on home made pirates since they had the right tools and a factory to produce these, you cannot compare it to home made pirates.

There are no different versions except for promo's + the occasional demo disc and if were talking about value disc only ain't that great plus magna carta can be bought in europe wich isn;t to expensive to be fair.

also I'm not trying to get your hopes down but the chances are pretty high for it being fake and to top it off the reward ain't to great. you could just play these games on an emulator or just on these pirates if it's just for the gameplay.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 09:59:32 am by sworddude »

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2017, 01:33:51 pm »

home made pirates do indeed not work on original consoles unmodded however if it is semi proffesional, wich were sold in the past it will work on original ps2 consoles unmodded or not.

also if you would like my opinion, I'm pretty sure these are fake unless the discs are the same as the legit copies. also if it is semi proffesional it can have some things wich cannot be done on home made pirates since they had the right tools and a factory to produce these, you cannot compare it to home made pirates.

There are no different versions except for promo's + the occasional demo disc and if were talking about value disc only ain't that great plus magna carta can be bought in europe wich isn;t to expensive to be fair.

also I'm not trying to get your hopes down but the chances are pretty high for it being fake and to top it off the reward ain't to great. you could just play these games on an emulator or just on these pirates if it's just for the gameplay.
they might be fake I think they are but I want to know for sure the covers etc are weird so thay have to come from somewhere.

also I dont do emulation I am against that.

I never heard of pirate copies working on an ps2 but I gues its possible

I still want to use my ntsc ps2 anyhow for the many us exclusives games so the power problem needs to be solved anyway

tripredacus

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2017, 09:57:40 am »
There is always the possibility they are "official" bootlegs. Items that were backdoored from the factory, or manufactured after a factory stopped having the license to produce, or have been sold. There are many examples in manufacturing where something is remade by the original factory after a contract is up, or the plant has been sold, or after hours/"lunchtime" editions created by employees, etc.

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2017, 05:30:22 pm »
There is always the possibility they are "official" bootlegs. Items that were backdoored from the factory, or manufactured after a factory stopped having the license to produce, or have been sold. There are many examples in manufacturing where something is remade by the original factory after a contract is up, or the plant has been sold, or after hours/"lunchtime" editions created by employees, etc.
those would be cool to have though since they have a story to them:)