Author Topic: What do you wish Nintendo would add or change about the switch in the future?  (Read 2316 times)

I love the switch so much,  it is on pace to easily be on par with the Wii U in terms of winning my heart over.  I love most of it's library so far and i love the diversity and the dominance of 1st party titles as nintendo always does. It's a beautiful and innovative portable power house. But i just wanted to ask to see if anyone felt the same way about what the console is clearly missing.   

1. Why don't they have an achievement system on a Nintendo console in 2017.  This is just common practice at this point.  It should be almost mandatory. 2 whole generations after they were implemented on Xbox over a decade ago.  Is it a pride thing or is it just being ignorant to how much it adds to a game with such little effort?    I literally find myself enjoying Xbox titles more because their is the added sense of accomplishment watching the trophy icon pop up and knowing you are building on your gamer score.  You can compare with your friends and it adds extra gameplay to a game without necessarily having to build upon the game.  It's just subliminal side quests.   I assume the code is fairly simple to add them because PS3 copied 360 within a few months of being released and made trophies. 

Also, is it me or is their no YouTube app like on the Wii U?   I literally have to fire up my Xbox One just to watch youtube or go to the smart TV app.  Why can't nintendo full this void for me?  It can't be hard to get YouTube as an app.  It's literally on Wii U and 3DS.   You can get YouTube on a SNK Neo Geo pocket i bet lol.     

No web browser even though i never use those on consoles,  no facebook app. 

And also,  why no game DVR?  Sure the screenshot button is neat but why can't we hold it to record gameplay for YouTube?   

I truly love Switch.  I feel it's the best of the next gen consoles by far.   But i just wanted to see what little things everyone wish would be changed...  :)     For me their are some little changes i wish they would make early in it's life that could make it easily better than previous consoles.  :D
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 10:27:56 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

- it needs Netflix and Prime on it ASAP
- They need to update the virtual console with Gamecube titles

I'll agree with Media and Virtual Console in general.

Nintendo is pretty adamant about not having ANY media stuff on their consoles at launch because they want to reinforce the fact that it is a game system first.

Personally, I'd love to see that if I bought a VC game on Wii U that it would transfer over to Switch so I don't have to buy it again for the umpteenth time.

argyle

An achievement system is honestly the ONLY thing I can think of that I'd add. The Switch is on par to being what I thought the Wii U would be, a true successor to the Gamecube.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

An achievement system is honestly the ONLY thing I can think of that I'd add. The Switch is on par to being what I thought the Wii U would be, a true successor to the Gamecube.
Honestly, with the Wii U, I expected them to implement a "stamp" system across the platform so "achievements" would unlock stamps to be used in Miiverse, I was a tad disappointed that they didn't.

indenton

1. Why don't they have an achievement system on a Nintendo console in 2017.  This is just common practice at this point.  It should be almost mandatory.

I don't believe this is necessary, Nintendo games often reward you in-game instead of triggering some arbitrary flag that exists just to say "You did it!".  There Smart device games have 'missions' with the incentive of in-game credits and stuff. 

Nintendo is pretty adamant about not having ANY media stuff on their consoles at launch because they want to reinforce the fact that it is a game system first.

That makes sense, it'd be cool if I could access Crunchyroll on it.  I wouldn't buy a console solely as a media centre, but if I could unwind after a busy day or a game session with a couple episodes of Barakamon, I'd use and really appreciate that.

I would like Nintendo Online to be robust and of a reasonable value once it becomes a paid service.  Most of all just keep up a flurry of fun & Interesting games, I'm getting sick of Remastered games this console gen. 

I'm getting sick of Remastered games this console gen.
Expect to keep seeing this.  Nintendo has in place a plan to release at least 1 new first party title for Switch EVERY month for the foreseeable future.  In order to do so, they have to buff that out some months with ports.

Arms - June
Splatoon 2 - July
Mario + Rabbids - August
Pokken Tournament DX - September
Mario Odyssey - October

Fire Emblem Warriors - 2017 (Allegedly Q3 but I expect November)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - 2017 (Likely November/December)

2018 has Yoshi, Kirby, No more Heroes, and Fire Emblem Switch.  That leaves plenty of room for further ports and remasters.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta, Mario and Sonic 2018, Smash 4 Switch, Mario Maker, etc.

azure

The main thing I would like to see with the Switch is the VC and a unified account in place for purchases like PSN and XBL do. I would also be stoked if my Wii U purchases carry over to my Switch. Other than that I suppose some sort of achievement system would be nice, but not necessary for me.

argyle

I'm getting sick of Remastered games this console gen.
Expect to keep seeing this.

It actually makes sense for Nintendo since the Wii U sold so poorly. As long as there is some added value (ie, the DLC included on disk for Smash Bros. & Hyrule Warriors, etc.) then I'm game.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

ferraroso

I would appreciate if they released a "non-portable" version of the console.
Usually, I never play video games outside and I despise motion controls, so I think that the screen and all the Joy Con gimmicks only turn the Switch (that could otherwise be a very reasonably priced second system, like the original Wii was) into an overpriced low-res gaming tablet.
I don't feel the need to hide that I have no love for Nintendo, so I would never pay US$300 + US$70 (Pro Controller) + taxes only to play this company's games.

However, if they released a "Switch Basic Set" that came with a Pro Controller and that could only be played while connected to a TV, with no screen and no Joy Cons included for US$250, I would happily buy a first-hand Nintendo system for the first time!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 12:45:27 pm by ferraroso »

indenton

I would appreciate if they released a "non-portable" version of the console.

Applying the revised handheld model for the Switch, it's neither a home console or a portable.  This sounds not quite as straightforward as the Game Boy Micro or the Wii Mini.  I fear the console would lose a lot of its appeal in doing so but I suppose it would be possible if there's enough interest. 

It actually makes sense for Nintendo since the Wii U sold so poorly. As long as there is some added value (ie, the DLC included on disk for Smash Bros. & Hyrule Warriors, etc.) then I'm game.

I get why they're doing it, doesn't mean I have to be excited about it.  Please note that I said "this gen" not just Nintendo. 

I'm cool with remakes and games that weren't released prior Final Fantasy Type-0 HD for example, that Metroid: Samus Returns is okay with me (just worried about the dev team behind it).  Mario Kart 8 with a fully implemented battle mode just doesn't quite do it for me. 

Are Capcom making a new Devil May Cry?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Media like Netflix and whatnot would be cool, sure. But is it really necessary? I mean a Nintendo console is pretty much a secondary console for most people. We already have that stuff on our XBoxes and PlayStations.

I agree with the need for a true achievement system. When I play a multiplatform game, I often opt-out of the Nintendo version just for that reason.

Now I'm not an "achievement hunter" or anything. But it's still cool when you accomplish something in a game and you get that little pop-up letting you know you just unlocked an achievement. And it gives a game more replay value if you want to go back and get certain achievements.

And yeah, the Virtual Console. Why not just bring the Wii Virtual console on over, instead of feeding us bits and pieces this time, though?

ferraroso

Applying the revised handheld model for the Switch, it's neither a home console or a portable.  This sounds not quite as straightforward as the Game Boy Micro or the Wii Mini.  I fear the console would lose a lot of its appeal in doing so but I suppose it would be possible if there's enough interest. 

Yeah, I think having a "basic model" without all the gimmicks wouldn't hurt the Switch's image or its sales.
On the contrary, people who like this kind of stuff or that simply love everything Nintendo does would still buy the "premium model", while people like me, who won't buy the Switch for its current price, would feel much more motivated into purchasing the console to have access to its exclusives.

As an example, the 3DS never appealed to me, but now that the New 2DS is about to be released for cheaper than it's 3D counterpart and without all the ugliness of the old 2DS, I am sincerely considering buying it.

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

I would like cloud saving/backup so if the system is stolen or lost, I don't lose all my data.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

I would like to see Video on the switch. mainly because switching between the PS4 and my Tablet is a pain in the fucking ass. yeah actually doing it is simple but when I go to turn off my tablet. suddenly problems arise. so just being able to take the switch out of the Dock continue watching in a different room and put it back into the dock when I come back to continue watching without worrying about 2 devices being on would be soo much better

Better Joycon design... that is all

biggest thing I'd like to see change though is... add a simple copy/move to manage Data between the System and SD card