Author Topic: List of all US PS2 multi-volume collectors' editions?  (Read 1585 times)

List of all US PS2 multi-volume collectors' editions?
« on: June 21, 2017, 09:03:06 am »
Does anyone know of a complete list of US PS2 collections that (typically) came in sets of 3 with a slipcase (ie, Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy)?  I have a few and would like to seek out more, but unlike PS1 sets that came packaged as "Collectors' Edition" with the customized (white label?) artwork (ie Spyro), most of the PS2 collections were not named all the same and can slip under the radar.  For instance, I recently picked up Pac-Man Power Pack which sounds like it could be anything.

Here are the one's I've found so far, so please let me know if you know of more or can link to a complete list.  Thanks!

Burnout Anthology
Crash Bandicoot Action Pack
Devil May Cry: 5th Anniversary Collection
Dragon Ball Z Trilogy
ESA Foundation Compilation Set
Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy
Harry Potter Collection
Hitman Trilogy
Medal of Honor Collection
Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection
Mortal Kombat: Kollection
Namco Classic Fighter Collection
Naruto Ultimate Collection
Need for Speed: Collector's Series
Onimusha Essentials
Pac-Man Power Pack
Resident Evil: The Essentials

Edit: clarity
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 02:58:57 pm by glazball »

telly

Re: List of all US PS2 trilogies/collectors' editions?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 10:25:22 am »
There was a Need for Speed one that I had when I was a kid! It had NFS Underground, Underground 2 and Most Wanted I believe

EDIT: It looked like this

« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 10:28:14 am by telly »
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

pzeke

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 10:42:44 am »
Only other two I can think of are:

ESA Foundation Compilation Set (SplashDown: Rides Gone Wild, ATV Offroad Fury 2, and Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2)
Naruto Ultimate Collection (Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 1 & 2, and Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles)

Other than the Need for Speed one mentioned above, I think these are all...not counting JP and PAL releases, of course.

EDIT: There's also Art of Fighting Anthology, which has all three games in the series. Sure, all in one disc and not exactly in a "collector's package", but a trilogy nonetheless.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 01:59:15 am by pzeke »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 11:51:58 am »
Awesome, thanks for the responses!  I'll update my original post to make it easy for anyone who finds the thread in the future.

pzeke - there are a number of anthologies like AoF you mentioned, but I was looking for only those that came in sets of 3 with a slipcase.

kashell

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 12:01:25 pm »
Are you looking for games that just come in a set of three? If not, the first editions of Digital Devil Saga come with a slipcase for the game itself and its sequel, Digital Devil Saga 2.

I'm not sure if that would count for this topic since it's not a trilogy.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 03:36:04 pm by kashell »

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 02:56:55 pm »
Thanks kashell - I suppose I didn't explain well so let me backpedal a bit :)  You made me remember that there is a Sesame Street Collectors' Edition "Twin Pack" for PS1 that has 2 Elmo games and it has the same white label artwork as the other PS1 Collectors Editions that have 3 games.

I'm looking for multi-volume collections that came in a slipcase to hold them.  For PS2 I've only seen sets of 3, like the GTA Trilogy.  But if there are collector's editions with 2 or 4 or more, I'd like to know about those too!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 02:59:58 pm by glazball »

kashell

Re: List of all US PS2 multi-volume collectors' editions?
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 03:40:32 pm »
Right on.

I'm not sure the Digital Devil Saga example would work. The first game was released in 2004. Along with the game and the soundtrack, you got a slip case that was meant for the first game its sequel. I think the sequel was released in 2005. So, while there is a slipcase involved, the games weren't released at the same time.

pzeke

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 05:44:54 pm »
I'm looking for multi-volume collections that came in a slipcase to hold them.  For PS2 I've only seen sets of 3, like the GTA Trilogy.  But if there are collector's editions with 2 or 4 or more, I'd like to know about those too!

PS1

Arc the Lad Collection
Army Men Gold Collectors' Edition
Crash Bandicoot Collectors' Edition
Disney Interactive Collectors' Edition (A Bug's Life / Tarzan / Tigger's Honey Hunt)
Disney Interactive Collectors' Edition (The Lion King: Simba's Mighty Adventure / Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue / Walt Disney World Quest: Magical Racing Tour)
Electronic Arts Collectors' Edition (007: Racing / Medal of Honor / 007: Tomorrow Never Dies)
Electronic Arts Collectors' Edition (Sled Storm / Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit / NASCAR Rumble)
Electronic Arts Collectors' Edition (NBA Live 2002 / Madden 2002 / NASCAR Thunder 2002)
EIDOS Collector's Edition (Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain / Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver / Fighting Force)
Grand Theft Auto Collectors' Edition
Grand Theft Auto: The Director's Cut
Spyro Collectors' Edition
Tomb Raider Collectors' Edition

PS2

Grand Theft Auto Double Pack

I was bore so... That's all I can think of.

I'm not sure the Digital Devil Saga example would work. The first game was released in 2004. Along with the game and the soundtrack, you got a slip case that was meant for the first game its sequel. I think the sequel was released in 2005. So, while there is a slipcase involved, the games weren't released at the same time.

Both were released in 2005 - one in April, the other in October.

EDIT: Although I just realized you might live in Japan...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 02:01:06 am by pzeke »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

kashell

Re: List of all US PS2 multi-volume collectors' editions?
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 08:10:24 am »
I must have been thinking of Nocturne that got the 2004 release.

Good catch.