Author Topic: Collecting Shitty Games  (Read 3371 times)

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

Collecting Shitty Games
« on: June 28, 2017, 03:17:15 am »
Due to popular demand: this is a topic to share the worst games that you have recently added to your collection

I'll start us off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYwkPko99ps

Countdown Vampires!

This game is so awesomely terrible.  Found it at a thrift shop last weekend.  Plays like a bad Resident Evil clone.  Dialogue is so cheesy.  Go to 7:01 in the video for one of my favorite moments early in the game.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 03:19:39 am by NickAwesome »

doctorlaudanum

Re: Collecting Shitty Games
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 04:27:02 am »
So long as you're not playing it, Countdown Vampires is an absolute gem. It's everything I love about PS1 horror cheese. I will beat it one of these days.

As for my contribution, I just made the mistake of buying N3: Ninety-Nine Nights for the third time in my life. First copy broke, second got sold, but this siren's song keeps calling me back:

I'm not allowed to quote this masterpiece around my friends anymore. :(

Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

kashell

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 08:41:40 am »
Lunar: Dragon Song

It's so bad. It's not even one of those games that falls into the, "It's so bad it's good category." No, this game is shit. If you know someone who enjoys this game, they cannot be trusted.

ferraroso

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 10:21:24 am »
I LOVE collecting shitty games (and shitty consoles)!
I've bought a fair share of really crappy ones over the years, but maybe the newest additions to my collection were Bomberman: Act Zero for the Xbox 360 and Battle Monsters for the Saturn. My personal favorites among the games I currently own are Shaq-Fu (Mega Drive) and Heavy Nova (Mega-CD).

azure

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 11:22:20 am »
I suppose it depends on the person's definition of a shitty game. I only buy games I like and intend to play, and Countdown Vampires is one of them on my wishlist so take that as you will  :P

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 12:21:55 pm »
It was on my wishlist as well.  I believe you will enjoy it. 

I enjoy collecting and playing shitty games in the same way people enjoy watching B-movie horror. 

Also found this gem a little while back too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D76kxDrqhA

DragonHeart: Fire and Steel

I particularly like the exploding barrel animation

stealthrush

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 03:57:07 pm »
I've compiled a list of terrible games that I've "enjoyed".

The Fantastic Four & Spawn: The Eternal on PS1 for example.

spac316

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2017, 04:18:34 pm »
I have a few mediocre wrestling games just for the sake of adding them to my wrestling game sub-collection.

kevininja

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 05:47:53 pm »
Lunar: Dragon Song

It's so bad. It's not even one of those games that falls into the, "It's so bad it's good category." No, this game is shit. If you know someone who enjoys this game, they cannot be trusted.

I was expecting this to show up

doafan

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 05:48:07 pm »
At this moment of my life I really don't understand why people collect or pay money for some shitty games but I do respect everybody decisions/choices also I do have some of them at my collection, some were free (Assassin's Creed) and some others were purchased (Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight) guess that since don't own a big place and that don't like to waste my money that much are some of the main reasons why I don't like to purchase them  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 09:25:58 pm »
At this moment of my life I really don't understand why people collect or pay money for some shitty games

For me, there's several reasons:

1) The games are great to riff on MST3K style. It's great to get together with a group of friends heckling each other and the game as we try to play games like Superman 64 or Pimp My Ride.

2) It makes me appreciate the good games more. When you take some of that garbage and put it next to something polished and well designed, it makes the good games feel all that more impressive. I also like to use them as pallet cleansers, so my gaming experience is not diminished by me still being mentally attached to the last game I played.

3) It's hilarious to have the games in my collection. Being able to produce a copy of Hannah Montana or Bratz: The Movie at will is well worth the pennies I've spent on them.

4) The gamerscore. I do like my achievements, and those shitty games provide points just as well. Though some can actually be surprisingly frustrating to get the full completion. It's also interesting to see how few of people actually bother to go the distance and finish those pieces of trash. I for one, have actually earned the full set of achievements for "illustrious" games such as Barbie Puppy Rescue, Monster High, Space Chimps, Shrek the Third, Spiderman: Friend or Foe, and Darkest of Days to name a few.

Right now, I've been bulking up the crappy title collection for the DS the most lately (namely as I'm about out of 360 titles). I should be seeing my copies of Discovery Kids Kitten Corner and Imagine: Ballet Star in the mail pretty soon.

shepard11

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2017, 12:13:06 am »
I own so many horrid games. I think it's one buddy mission in life to find me a least one terrible game a week. Jokes on him once I get my game room set up in my new house. He's coming over and we are playing all them. I hope he's a fan of Mary-Kate and Ashley along with Barbie games. Bastard.

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2017, 04:58:28 am »
I only buy games that I like/want to play so I don't really have any games that i'd consider shitty. But i'm also the type of person who likes everything so even the licensed games from my childhood are games that I like lmao and wouldn't consider shitty. The only games I would truly consider shitty are games that are either unplayable or not fun/boring.

kashell

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2017, 10:04:11 am »
At this moment of my life I really don't understand why people collect or pay money for some shitty games but I do respect everybody decisions/choices also I do have some of them at my collection, some were free (Assassin's Creed) and some others were purchased (Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight) guess that since don't own a big place and that don't like to waste my money that much are some of the main reasons why I don't like to purchase them  ;D

I've learned to -really- appreciate the good stuff after suffering through the bad stuff. Going back to my example of Lunar: Dragon Song, I didn't realize just how excellent Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete was. Similarly, the rather blah Silver Star Story Complete or Silver Star Harmony are fan-freakin'-tastic after putting up with all of the crap in Dragon Song.

insettasport

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2017, 07:26:54 pm »
There aren't a lot of bad games in my collection, per se. Although, one that I do think is quite bad is Monster Truck Madness 64. The trucks control like a super fast tank on a sheet of ice. I've also heard that Top Gear RPM Tuning (unrelated to the television show) is pretty bad, but I have yet to play it. There's also "Trucker" for PC in my collection, haven't played it in years, but I remember it being pretty awful.