Author Topic: Collecting Shitty Games  (Read 3388 times)

deadpool7850

Re: Collecting Shitty Games
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2017, 10:37:34 am »
I had this "Gem" on my PS2 as a kid: http://crappy-games.wikia.com/wiki/Mr._Bean.

I remember being unable to finish it due to one last Cat Ration tin not unlocking. Plus the Front Cover Art shows the Live-Action Mr. Bean, but he never appears in-game (False Advertising).
Plus the enemies never die. >:(
I think this Review sums it up perfectly: https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/938952-mr-bean/reviews/122924

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2017, 10:36:26 am »
I just got Karaoke Revolution Party for the GCN at a yard sale for 0.50.  Just couldn't pass it up.

doafan

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2017, 11:06:33 am »
2) It makes me appreciate the good games more. When you take some of that garbage and put it next to something polished and well designed, it makes the good games feel all that more impressive.

Totally agree with your point, most of the times when I don't want to play a title that I haven't finished I play if not a shitty game a title that can kick my ass several times like Battletoads so that way I can appreciate the other game that need to complete, got the idea that was the only one that did this kind of bizarre thing but am glad that there are other people like me  ;D

4) The gamerscore. I do like my achievements, and those shitty games provide points just as well.

Won't gonna say anything cause since almost a year decided to increase my gamerscore, used to play the same titles over and over so my score was almost the same, used to had 4,000 for almost five years and now even when I don't have that much free time to play have increased the amount to 17,000 so I do understand what you are saying.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2017, 08:23:53 am »
I'd have to say the worst game in my collection is Generation of Chaos on the PSP. I only keep it cuz it was a Christmas gift from my wife early on when we were dating. XD The cover looked like something I'd play but the gameplay made no sense.

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2017, 09:47:05 pm »
Pole Position 64 for the Nintendo 64. I don't know but their is too many glitches in my copy. I cannot even start a race on the green lights all the cars go before me than they slow down and then I crash into them. then the dam turbo boost keeps going on when I'm turning. AND later on in the championship I there is no race track and I keep hitting into walls on like what resembles a winding one way street with one lane >:(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyHgXOJ76yk
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 09:55:19 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

athmaus

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2017, 02:08:13 pm »
Charlies Angles for GameCube:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/gamecube/charlies-angels

I had to review this game, boy it was horrid lol

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2017, 09:19:33 pm »
People thought "Xena: Warrior Princess: The Talisman of Fate" WAS a terrible video game on the N64. but It is actually a whole lotta of fun.

Xena: Warrior Princess: The Talisman of Fate. IS an easy fighting video game, where you can have up to 3 computer teams. Including your own team and go up against lets say 5 players on a team max. or 4 human users players at your birthday party. or computers.

It's a sword fighting game with characters from the Xena Warrior Princess TV cable TV show of the 1990's. you can even be Caesar, and cheat by dropping a rock on someones head. or call on an invisible army to shoot arrows at your enemies. AND believe it or not you can avoid spam cheaters, if you learn to jump and duck but mostly ducking, and walking sideways to avoid the cheaters who want to keep cheating all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=709qYzzIaAc
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 09:22:35 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2017, 10:16:58 pm »
People thought "Xena: Warrior Princess: The Talisman of Fate" WAS a terrible video game on the N64. but It is actually a whole lotta of fun.

Xena: Warrior Princess: The Talisman of Fate. IS an easy fighting video game, where you can have up to 3 computer teams. Including your own team and go up against lets say 5 players on a team max. or 4 human users players at your birthday party. or computers.

It's a sword fighting game with characters from the Xena Warrior Princess TV cable TV show of the 1990's. you can even be Caesar, and cheat by dropping a rock on someones head. or call on an invisible army to shoot arrows at your enemies. AND believe it or not you can avoid spam cheaters, if you learn to jump and duck but mostly ducking, and walking sideways to avoid the cheaters who want to keep cheating all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=709qYzzIaAc
Honestly, one of my wife's favorite games.  Mostly because she's obsessed with Xena.

tpugmire

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2017, 10:19:20 pm »
I like the CD-i, so I'm down with some shitty games.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2017, 11:37:27 pm »
SpinDrive Ping Pong might actually be my worst game! I haven't played it in ages but I remember it being pretty unplayable !

pzeke

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2017, 09:36:52 pm »
I personally only collect/keep games I will play regardless if they're shitty, so I appreciate shitty games - they're good in their own way once you find their charm.

These are some games from my PS2 collection that are often considered shitty:

AeonFlux
Army Men: Soldiers of Misfortune
Future Tactics: The Uprising
Haven: Call of the King
King Arthur
Men in Black II: Alien Escape
Mission: Impossible - Operation Surma
NanoBreaker
Spawn: Armageddon
Speed Racer: The Videogame

Admittedly, and other than Speed Racer, I haven't finished any of these, but I really enjoyed my time playing them.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2017, 11:29:22 pm »
Fox Hunt is one I played all the way through. I enjoyed the bad humor and one liners.