Author Topic: Another new person to the site  (Read 1290 times)

Another new person to the site
« on: July 02, 2017, 11:11:15 am »
Hello all, Keith from Virginia here.

Wanting to relive a bit of my youth, I setup a Retropie.  However, after playing it for awhile I wanted to have the sensation of having the real thing, having a console, pushing in a cart and playing it on a TV.  :D

I grew up in the 70s / early 80s so the system of my youth was the Atari 2600.  While video games have come a long way since then, I still have a soft spot for the Atari and it is what I started collecting for.  I recently picked up an Atari 7800 and have a small assortment of 2600 and one 7800 games for it.

Gaming was pretty much an on the computer thing for me during the mid 80's and early 90's.  I had a Sega Master System for awhile, but never connected with that system.  I pretty much missed the NES and SNES eras of gaming.  I did get back into it with the PS1 and I've owned every Sony console since the PS1.  I have a lot of fond memories of all PlayStations and I'm starting to collecting for them as well. 

I'm looking forward to chatting about games with everyone here and if anyone has some Atari stuff for sale, send me a PM.  My collection is extremely small at the moment, so it will be awhile before I do any selling or trading.  (though I do have an extra 8gb Vita card I don't need).

Re: Another new person to the site
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 12:43:16 pm »
First off, Welcome!

If you are planning on collecting Atari, you definitely chose the right console. Atari is for the most part a dirt cheap console to collect for outside maybe 10% of the library that exceeds $10 in value. I'd say this is true except for the Jaguar, which is a bit more pricey right now.

PS1 collecting is pretty expensive now, however if you're mostly looking for games like Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, or Wipeout, it can be very affordable.

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 09:07:37 pm »

PS1 collecting is pretty expensive now, however if you're mostly looking for games like Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, or Wipeout, it can be very affordable.

Thanks for the welcome.  And with the PS1, I'll likely be sticking to the affordable stuff for now :) 

shepard11

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 11:20:06 pm »
Welcome Keith.

Jeff from Ohio. My first system was the 2600. I still have that system and broke it out once a week until I got my 7800 recently. I get excited every time I come across an Atari game in wild on the cheap. And the most maddening thing about PS1 is finding some of the popular games complete and good price in my area.

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 02:43:29 pm »
Welcome to the VGCollect!

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 03:01:48 pm »
Oh boy, if you want 2600, I have a big ole box full of games I've been trying to get rid of.  I can make you a heck of a deal.

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 07:28:41 pm »
Oh boy, if you want 2600, I have a big ole box full of games I've been trying to get rid of.  I can make you a heck of a deal.

PM sent

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2017, 10:14:54 pm »
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 06:08:45 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"