Author Topic: What You Don't Like About The Nintendo 64  (Read 4872 times)

sworddude

Re: What You Don't Like About The Nintendo 64
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2017, 07:03:13 pm »
If your into 3D arcade games there are some interesting ones.

sin and punishment for the japanese N64 And one shoot em up star soldier

If you like arcade titles these are not titles that one can call bad.

If you are a 2D purist I can imagine that one can hate the N64 but the good games aren't bad.

Than again the N64 is just another console to collect for, you don't need to focus only on N64 just another console to play some games on.

There are some gems on this system wich are allot better than average and to be fair haven't ages that much and still look great.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 07:06:44 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

Warmsignal

« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2017, 10:39:24 pm »
The only complaint I have is lack of third party support, but back in the day what we had more than sufficed.

shepard11

« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2017, 01:36:49 am »
I actually enjoy the n64. Usually play the wrestling games on it. And have very fond memories of my buds and I kicking the crap out of each other. My biggest beef is not having labels on top of the loose carts I have almost 100 loose carts and I pull out my drawers no clue what I'm looking at. Going to have to buy those 3rd party labels.

« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2017, 08:31:47 am »

If you are a 2D purist I can imagine that one can hate the N64 but the good games aren't bad.

Than again the N64 is just another console to collect for, you don't need to focus only on N64 just another console to play some games on.

There are some gems on this system wich are allot better than average and to be fair haven't ages that much and still look great.

I actually have "Star Soldier Vanishing Earth" I always thought it was an american game. didn't know I ever owned anything that was official made in Japan, I do know it is in English. I think I only paid 10-15 US currency for it at a flea market vendor called "The Video Game Graveyard" it's seems in great conduction. in Fact I think it is one of the only shoot em ups on the N64 console
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 08:35:14 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2017, 12:41:32 pm »

I actually have "Star Soldier Vanishing Earth" I always thought it was an american game. didn't know I ever owned anything that was official made in Japan, I do know it is in English. I think I only paid 10-15 US currency for it at a flea market vendor called "The Video Game Graveyard" it's seems in great conduction. in Fact I think it is one of the only shoot em ups on the N64 console

It's just okay.

But compared to the other games in the Star Soldier series, it's crap. The older Star Soldier games are amazing shoot-em ups.

doafan

« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2017, 12:51:50 pm »
Don't have any personal issues with this console not even when it has one of the worst controllers ever I managed somehow to get used to it but what I really don't like about the N64 is the fact that because of some titles like Turok or Golden Eye 64 I discovered that am not able to play first person shooters because of the damn motion sickness that I have  :'(

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2017, 12:59:53 pm »
The controller is the only thing i seriously hate about the N64 but the graphics haven't quite stood the test of time just like PS1 hasn't quite stood the test of time graphic wise.  Early 3D games were visually a work in progress and the 3D while awesome at the time coming from a 16 bit 2d visual, it was still very much blocky and ugly and once you see what we have now, N64 doesn't hold up not even nostalgically like the SNES does. and even HD remakes and such look pretty lousy.   

I'd say the N64 has one of the more consistent libraries of any console with a lot of must have legendary games :).   But the controller is the worst controller ever made imo, it is so uncomfortable to the point where no matter how good a game is i will most likely not finish it do to the pain the unrubbered grooved plastic death knob caused to the thumb and its odd location in the center of the controller.  it's truly unpleasant for me :( 

N64 is amazing for it's time but i think much like PS1 it's predecessor console was much better.   And the graphics have held up much better :).    But N64 will always have a place in my heart...

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2017, 05:55:09 pm »
the fact it didn't have more 3rd party developers.

pzeke

« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2017, 09:19:00 pm »
The controller never bothered me, quite frankly. Only thing I can think that I truly disliked was the lack of variety, as some have mentioned already. There were plenty of titles that never saw a release outside Japan that could have benefited the console in its day.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!