Author Topic: Do Collect For Most Consoles Or Just From One Company  (Read 4047 times)

Do Collect For Most Consoles Or Just From One Company
« on: July 05, 2017, 09:01:07 am »
I pretty much collect anything that is affordable and I collect what I like. I own a bunch of consoles but not any of the Atari or Colecovision or Intellivision or so called dead 1980's companies and definitely not an Atari Jaguar. although I only own 1 Sega console. that is a Sega Genesis / Sega Mega Drive 2. I used to own a perfectly good Sega Saturn I got for free from trading in some unused things at a thrift shop in the middle of nowhere. I sold it when my vary old PS2 broke. :'(
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

soera

Re: Do Collect For Most Consoles Or Just From One Company
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 10:39:43 am »
I used to be all over the place. But money is only so limited so buying for multiple consoles is more difficult. I have 3 collections. Sega master (complete), PS1 RPGs (Thought I was complete til last night and going over my stuff), PS4 (definitely not complete ... yet).

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 11:06:46 am »
I used to buy everything I saw.  Then, several things happened.  I ran out of room, stuff got really expensive, and The Great Divorce of 2015 relieved me of lots of stuff.  Now, I'm way more selective about what I buy. 

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 11:13:33 am »
I buy whatever suits my fancy.  Back when games were easier to acquire I was buying everything and anything that could be acquired for dirt cheap.  Now there is too much competition and too many resellers, so I pretty much just buy what I know I want to play and what few things I can find for cheap.

I'm also at that place where I'm out of room and I need to cut back on expenses. I currently have about 4 3' shelves of free space, after that I just don't know what to do.  But luckily I don't foresee any retro purchases needing to be made after I acquire the rest of my wishlist... which I have room for.

tripredacus

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 12:14:32 pm »
I was everything, but recently I've decided to mainly go after PC and Sega Genesis.

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 12:36:33 pm »
For me, it's the Nintendo and Microsoft consoles, with a core focus on the Xbox 360.

With stuff from the other companies like Sony, Sega, Atari, and so on, I never really grew up with the systems, so there's little drive to get them as well.

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 12:45:34 pm »
I grew up with an Atari 2600 and right now I'm mainly focused on collecting for the Atari 2600 and 7800.  That said, I will pick up interesting games other systems I own when I come across them.  I'm just not actively in the hunt at the moment for games on other systems.

thewelshman

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 12:59:33 pm »
My collection is mostly Sony, with the Vita being the largest of the platforms. I play mostly JRPGs, so my picks tend to lean more towards that genre. I doubt I'll ever own a complete collection, but I'd like to have at least 100 select games per platform (PSP/VITA/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4).

soera

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 01:30:36 pm »
For me, it's the Nintendo and Microsoft consoles, with a core focus on the Xbox 360.

I knew there was someone with the exact collecting focus as myself.  :o 8)

azure

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2017, 01:34:35 pm »
Anything that interests me I will seek out. Though there are many consoles that I never plan to own or have any interest in, thus will not collect for them. I am mostly Nintendo/Sony though, having a good PC as well really gives me no reason to even own an Xbone at this point. I did like the 360 and OG Xbox though, some great games in those libraries.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2017, 01:59:56 pm »
Multiple companies.

If a console has a decent library of games I want to play, then I'm interested.

But I'm not one that's looking to collect all consoles. If it only has 5 games, or only crappy games, I'll pass. And generally, I can't seem to get into any pre-NES consoles besides the Commodore 64 (which had more in-depth games than your average pre-NES arcade-centric consoles.)

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2017, 02:02:23 pm »

I knew there was someone with the exact collecting focus as myself.  :o 8)
I like that you quoted the wrong person.

I reallllllllly like it.

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2017, 03:11:40 pm »
I collect everything I can get a good deal on

stealthrush

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2017, 03:29:01 pm »
In the past I collected games I enjoyed, that were primarily exclusive to the systems I owned.

These days, I'm focused on 1-2 specific consoles targeting games I've missed out playing that interest me.
NEC PC Engine and Sega Mega Drive (including accessories, and peripherals)

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2017, 04:32:16 pm »
For me, I mainly collect for Playstation.  PS1 was my first system growing up and PS2 was the first system I ever collected for so those are my two priorities.  All other systems are secondary but I do have an extensive PS3, Vita, PSP and even PS4 collection as well. Recently, I have started delving into Nintendo, specifically the NES, SNES, N64 and Gamecube.  With these systems, I'm more focused on just getting the heavy hitters I want to play instead of going after everything.  With an exception of a few titles, it hasn't been that expensive either, I've been able to find a lot of below market deals in my area.  I also recently started a Dreamcast collection, a gift from my brother who decided to downsize his collection and focus on PC gaming. 

I am also running out of room in my house and there are only so many ways I can reorganize to fit everything I own. So expanding into other systems I am interested in like GBC and GBA, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, TG 16, and maybe others will have to wait until I can upgrade my living situation.