Author Topic: Do Collect For Most Consoles Or Just From One Company  (Read 4050 times)

sworddude

Re: Do Collect For Most Consoles Or Just From One Company
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2017, 07:23:09 pm »
I collect for multiple consoles, only games that I want to play. Except for pre-nes era games or crappy handhelds.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

ferraroso

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2017, 07:38:04 pm »
I mostly collect games and accessories that I wanted to have as child and as a teenager, but didn't have the money to buy.
Apart from that, I also like to collect anything I find interesting (either for being rare, or for being bad haha).
My favorite consoles to collect for are the PC Engine and any of the Sega ones. I usually do not activelly search for any Nintendo stuff, but if I can find good stuff for cheap, why not?

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2017, 07:52:03 pm »
I collect from different companies. The way I collect is I only get games that I know I will like. I don't go for full sets or anything because I don't have enough money to buy games that I will never play. Also what I like in video games is how every consoles has their exclusive games, and I'd rather have a lot of consoles with only a few great games for them than a lot of "useless" game for only 2 or 3 consoles.

shepard11

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2017, 08:12:26 pm »
I collect for most systems but I have a very tight budget so I try to get the most bang for my buck. But I always after Dreamcast games I don't own or handheld games always a sucker for a handheld game or system.

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2017, 10:13:24 pm »
 :) well I collect video games period. I have over 1,000 only thing is my digital collection on VGcollect is far behind.

I go to a place where used games don't cost that much and they are in great condition. I am not rich but I have a  local flea market.

I love collecting compilations. in fact I like compilations more than individual copies because most have other ways of playing them for example Mega Man Anniversary collection lets you save your game and change difficulty and life setting on all the Mega Man Original series plus 2 games only released  in Japan prior to the series. Although I never play Mega Man X Collection yet in which includes all the Mega Man X games plus some newer ones also.
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Warmsignal

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2017, 10:22:16 pm »
Primarily Nintendo and Sega, but yeah most mainstream consoles I have at some point built a collection of.

soera

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2017, 11:14:42 pm »
For me, it's the Nintendo and Microsoft consoles, with a core focus on the Xbox 360.

I knew there was someone with the exact collecting focus as myself.  :o 8)
I like that you quoted the wrong person.

I reallllllllly like it.

Lol no I didnt. I left off a word "Opposite". LMAO. Didnt even realize it til I just read it.

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2017, 11:30:18 pm »
I use to kinda just grab whatever, trying to get stuff I use to have, but then I mostly just moved to some Nintendo 64 and Zelda stuff.  I recently cleared out much of my Zelda stuff, but if I get back into it, it'll mostly just be collecting for those.

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2017, 12:41:10 am »
I have a variety of consoles but i focus only on one at a time. Some days i will go to flea markets in a PS2 mood looking for PS2 titles and just spend on that for a few months, some times it will be Wii U or GameCube.  I will only buy random stuff if it's dirt cheap but i usually have one console that i am liking at the moment. 

I would say i am a Nintendo fanboy but i also collect a lot for Sony.  But Nintendo releases and produced the most "i gotta have it" games out of all the companies for me. :)

dreama1

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2017, 04:18:25 am »
sega

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2017, 06:44:11 pm »
I have become more and more selective the longer I've been collecting. When I started I would have collected anything NES and newer, but now I tend to only focus on consoles I really care about. However, to be honest, I do not collect anything right now. Such is the reality of downsizing.

doafan

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2017, 08:01:46 pm »
I "collect" for multiple consoles but only those titles that really want to have at my collection and that am going to play, used to have everything in physical format but since the Xbox 360 and some cool offers that Microsoft had and still has decided to add to my stuff some digital releases but if I have to say that am dedicated just to one company have to say that Nintendo is my choice followed by Microsoft  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

kashell

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2017, 08:15:50 am »
I usually like to collect for franchises that I enjoy. I also really like collecting for the PlayStation 2 (my favorite console) and the Sega Saturn.

wolfen

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2017, 12:37:01 am »
I pretty much strictly collect Nintendo games and more specifically Gamecube games. Hopefully Nintendo brings Gamecube games to the Switch, because collecting for the Gamecube is a bitch. Pretty much any well known/"hidden gem" games are usually minimum $35+ and can get up in to the hundreds depending on where you look online.

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2017, 12:39:50 pm »
I do primarily Nintendo because thats what I stuck with growing up. I do have a 2600 and a PS1 with a few games for each. I've tried to branch out further to Lynx and Genesis/Mega Drive but ended up selling them off after a couple years.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 12:48:31 pm by badATchaos »