Author Topic: PS4 Issues  (Read 1976 times)

athmaus

PS4 Issues
« on: July 14, 2017, 09:42:59 am »
Anyone having issues with their PS4?  I noticed recently my controllers will not sync up, sometimes it will not boot or eject a game.  I have to literally plug and unplugg it to get it to turn on.

Really do not want to have to buy another one, curious if anyone else had this issue.  I got the PS4 about 4 months after it was released (same time Infamous came out)

Re: PS4 Issues
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 09:50:15 am »
I have had this issue very frequently as of recent, mine is a launch day model.

I'm highly considering getting a PS4 Pro to replace it.

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 10:22:13 am »
Anyone having issues with their PS4?  I noticed recently my controllers will not sync up, sometimes it will not boot or eject a game.  I have to literally plug and unplugg it to get it to turn on.

Really do not want to have to buy another one, curious if anyone else had this issue.  I got the PS4 about 4 months after it was released (same time Infamous came out)

did you drop the PS4. I overheard in the other day that the PS4 is vary fragile :(
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

athmaus

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 10:35:05 am »
We did move two years ago, but i do not have the issues with the Xbox One or Wii U whicih were both launch day consoles.

I am thinking about getting the Pro but didnt want to drop $$ on it just yet

shadowzero

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 10:54:24 pm »
I had the Nathan Drake Edition and it wouldn't come out of sleep mode without unplugging it for a while.  Bought it brand new happened the first time within a week.  I thought it might be corrected in a future patch.  After about year it became very regular and one day, unsurprisingly, the HHD corrupted beyond repair.  I bought a 1TB compatible drive, went through all that crap (couldn't hook up an external like you can now) and it killed that HDD after a while too.  I love my PS4 library so I brought a Pro and haven't had a single problem since.

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2017, 09:28:30 am »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:30:22 pm by jce3000gt »

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 08:37:47 am »

You should.  The PS4 Pro is absolutely worth the upgrade.  I really like mine.
So, my PS4 has been REALLY loud, like annoyingly loud, and my new entertainment system doesn't really allow for breathing room unfortunately, so that might be part of it.  I'm gonna look into cutting holes so it can breath better.  My PS4 runs REALLY hot in there, but my X1 runs really cool in there... so maybe my PS4 is just crapping out.

So I FINALLY opened up my 20th Anniversary PS4 (#408) and swapped the drives and did a restore and this one runs a little quieter but it's still running fairly loud and fairly warm... so after I cut up my entertainment system, if it is still running hot and loud, I'm going to upgrade to a PS4 Pro.

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2017, 10:18:13 am »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:30:14 pm by jce3000gt »

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2017, 10:22:03 am »

You should.  The PS4 Pro is absolutely worth the upgrade.  I really like mine.
So, my PS4 has been REALLY loud, like annoyingly loud, and my new entertainment system doesn't really allow for breathing room unfortunately, so that might be part of it.  I'm gonna look into cutting holes so it can breath better.  My PS4 runs REALLY hot in there, but my X1 runs really cool in there... so maybe my PS4 is just crapping out.

My PS4 Pro is loud too and on games like Fallout 4 where some mods stress the system the fan is pretty loud.  It isn't overheating, just the loud fan.  FYI, the XBOX One (and 360 Slim) have some of the best airflow and cooling I've seen on a disc-based console.  I cannot even HEAR either one of them, especially the One. 

So I FINALLY opened up my 20th Anniversary PS4 (#408) and swapped the drives and did a restore and this one runs a little quieter but it's still running fairly loud and fairly warm... so after I cut up my entertainment system, if it is still running hot and loud, I'm going to upgrade to a PS4 Pro.

Is that 20th anniv PS4 worth any money?
Last I checked about $1k.  The fan being loud isn't necessarily a concern as my entertainment system muffles the sound, but if it's going to get hot like my PS4s, then there isn't a point in upgrading and I need to concentrate on better airflow for the PS4.

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2017, 12:43:46 pm »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:29:51 pm by jce3000gt »

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2017, 01:09:48 pm »
Such a shame when the X1 runs so cool.  I may move the PS4 out of the entertainment system until I can find time to cut a hole in the back.

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2017, 02:25:09 pm »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:29:37 pm by jce3000gt »

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2017, 07:35:38 am »

I do not know where the ventilation holes are on the PS4 so you may need to check which take in air and which have the air come out for more efficient airflow.  Assuming of course the console was designed for this...

Oldgamerz reply: try looking around where the power cord plugs in. on most consoles that is the location where most of the heat buildup is located
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2017, 02:14:53 pm »
I may move the PS4 out of the entertainment system until I can find time to cut a hole in the back.

I use a USB fan in my entertainment center.  There's a small hole in the back wall of the shelf space for the cords, the USB fan pulls in cool air from that hole and just blows it over the console and through the front.