Author Topic: Please re-enable OLD App! :)  (Read 5361 times)

retromangia

PRO Supporter

Please re-enable OLD App! :)
« on: July 14, 2017, 10:01:18 am »
Hey Jason and Android Team,

Please please please re-enable the old app. I have a very sizable collection, and I used to be able to fly through the text only app in seconds. This really helped me out in the wild when hunting for games.  I am no longer able to log in. Can you please fix this?  I would really appreciate it.

thank you,
Retromangia

jason

Re: Please re-enable OLD App! :)
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 08:41:08 pm »
Hi Retromangia,

Thank you for the feedback. I'm not sure if I'd be able to fix the old app at this point. Let me double check with Matt on that though. Also, I'll try to see if I can get a text-only version of the pages working in the new app. I hadn't realized that it was taking so long to process as it is.

- Jason

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 10:28:50 pm »
The site is easy to use without the app though, why do you want it?

theflea

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 05:15:02 am »
I want the old app back too.
I too have a large collection.
While i can access the web site but going through 100+ pages of games out in the wild waiting for pics to load in an area with low internet connection sucks.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 11:08:15 am »
I'm right there with the flea. It takes forever to cycle through my collection, hoping i land on the right letter.  Folks with small collections won't understand this problem.  The old app was my bread and butter. Please bring it back ASAP.

Thanks again,
Retro

theflea

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 03:05:50 am »
At least keep it running til the new one is 100% functional.
I loved the old app. It was simple and easy to look up what was in your collection.
But if this going force this new app on us and its not functional yet
I may have to check out other apps.  :-\
"Happy game hunting!!!"

daoutlaw46

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 09:53:31 am »
I love the old app as well due to simplicity.  It was much easier to find if I owned a game because I could scroll through text.  I just got a new phone and realized the old app won't let me login and while it is possible to use the mobile version its also more time since I have to go page by page.  I know I can search on the mobile version but depending on the game it could still be more time.  I'm in the same boat with the big collection people.

Please re-enable the old app so I can login and continue my journey  :) :) :) :)

Thanks for your hard work btw.  I love the site  and the fact the app ties into it.