Author Topic: Secrecy in the gaming community  (Read 4064 times)

Re: Secrecy in the gaming community
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2017, 07:08:26 pm »
Try being a game developer. The whole industry is built on secrets.
the indie community isnt nearly as bad.  I have had plenty of conversations with other indie devs and given/received help on various programming and design problems.

I don't know if I said it earlier, but literally someone just name dropped a game I've been out for and the one listing went for 3-4 times the normal rate.  Now all new listings are being listed at that rate for BIN.  All auctions are currently sitting around the normal going rate, so literally this game may have just jumped in value because of that...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 08:01:01 am by ignition365 »

athmaus

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2017, 09:58:20 am »
So there is a thread on another forum I visit that pertains to PS4. One person mentioned that there was a game they were looking for but wouldnt mention the game itself cause "they dont want everyone out there looking for it". I offered to help this person find the game and the response was basically that once they find it, they will let people know the name of it but until then, its no go. Like omg wtf? I dont understand this frame of mind. Why do people in gaming communities tend to try to keep secrets? Its definitely not the first time this ... mentality ... has popped up but today was straight against me trying to help.

Ive heard about people who have "private" collections that no one knows about. Its an oddity to me.

have they said what game it is yet/

soera

« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2017, 11:14:42 am »
Nope. I basically told him fuck you and left it at that.