Author Topic: Mistakes Nintendo Made Or What Mistakes You Think They Made  (Read 1498 times)

I need to learn more about the history of the video games I play so that is why I am currently watching Toutube.

Here is a video was done by "the video game historian" in fact I highly recommend this YouTube channel to everyone

video title [3 Mistakes Nintendo Made]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW_MEKWTguA

My debriefing is I wish more people bought the Nintendo 64. I've lost a TON (EDIT MORE THEN I WANT) of music and video games due do disc rot. :( in fact one mistake I think Nintendo made is not make the cartridges of the N64 hold more data or at least make them bigger with more data crystals inside them all.  >:(

all a vdieo game caridge was was a harddrive to begin with :o

but of couase CD hold 700 megabytes and that my friends is more than half of 1 gigabyte. Harddirves were a lot bigger then N64 cartridges and heavy back then but you could get 10 gigs although it would cost more then it did to manufacture CD's back then anyway ::)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 04:48:44 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

indenton

Re: Mistakes Nintendo Made Or What Mistakes You Think They Made
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 08:26:25 am »
If the Nintendo 64 cartridges were manufactured with larger capacity, the cost is  lumped onto the the publishers, and THEN it's dumped onto the consumer for what would likely still have been a ton of inferior ports.  The Nintendo 64 would STILL be a baron wasteland for RPGs because CDs would still have been the optimal choice. 

See how this isn't as simple of a fix?  The N64 has a plethora of problems, but the storage space one just gives rise to more problems when trying to fix it. 

Warmsignal

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 11:23:52 am »
I've lost a TON of music and video games due do disc rot.

What? Really? You might want to have your house checked out to make sure you're living in a safe enough environment to be breathing the air. You must have mold, or gas, or bugs or something going on. You should not be loosing a bunch of discs, that just sounds bizarre.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 11:41:21 am »

What? Really? You might want to have your house checked out to make sure you're living in a safe enough environment to be breathing the air. You must have mold, or gas, or bugs or something going on. You should not be loosing a bunch of discs, that just sounds bizarre.

I've got to 2nd this. I collect DVDs and CDs in addition to games. I have yet to lose a disc to disc rot (knocks on wood).

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 01:45:08 pm »
You would have to live in a swamp

dreama1

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 11:49:37 pm »

I've got to 2nd this. I collect DVDs and CDs in addition to games. I have yet to lose a disc to disc rot (knocks on wood).
Now, now. Statistically not everyone will suffer disc rot, but it does not disprove disc rot is not a thing or will be soon.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 12:23:46 am »
It's the "TON" part of that which seems crazy.

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 04:45:08 am »
You would have to live in a swamp

unfortunate I do live in a swamp, this is not a joke the sub-pump under my basement floor constantly pumps out water, It is because of my home town and even my old high school is built on a swamp but as far as insects go no, just the norm flies that come through the screens and doorways once in a while. all my CD's are covered but some of my used ones are the ones I'm losing.

I not loseing any new CD's from disc rot only the older used ones possibly made in the early 1990's and 1980's
 none of my new CD's and it's only a few out of like over 1,000 CD's and DVD'd and Blurays I own. MOST are fine. I mean I own at least 1,000 CD's in my home and only lost some of the used ones so far

edit) NO NOT A TON JUST SAID THAT BECAUSE IT PISSES ME OFF WHEN I LOSE THEM
I live in a vary damp cool basement and without climate control currently
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 04:48:08 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"