Author Topic: Going Game Hunting (any idea what to buy?) all consoles included  (Read 1101 times)

I'll be hunting for some retro video games this month and I was just wondering what would be some good games to buy or look out for. ::)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 08:02:22 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Going Game Hunting (any idea what to buy?) all consoles included
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 08:53:45 am »
I'll be hunting for some retro video games this month and I was just wondering what would be some good games to buy or look out for. ::)

That's pretty broad.  What kind of stuff are you into these days?

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 10:02:38 am »
You could run into literally anything. Most likely you'll run into a bunch of sports games.

sworddude

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 11:43:08 am »
You could just buy what your into.

There is no good advice in my opinion, everyone has a different taste after all.

Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 02:58:44 pm »
I'm into all kinds I have enough sports games though I just bought donkey Kong 64 for $13.00 lose today and I have a big back log so I'll just buy what I like on Youtube reviews :) thanks :)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

theflea

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 06:04:54 pm »
My advice, look for any game/console your interested in adding to your collection.
BUT always have your phone on you to look up current prices. Say you find a obscure game and you look it up and its over priced then pass, if its at the going price and it's in excellent condition then its safe to buy. Don't pay current price if its in bad shape. If it's under priced and in great shape then BUY. lol

Most of all have fun and hope you find something you've always wanted at a good price.
Happy game hunting.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 06:06:28 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 12:06:40 pm »
Using the wishlist here on VGCollect is how I got started again; I started adding things and assigned them a priority. I think the next biggest step is just determining what kind of collecting you would like to do; e.g. complete console collection, complete franchise collection, genre collecting. I have a smallish collection, but it's because I know what I'll play and only go after the core games and franchises I want. That way I can afford more expensive/more rare games, as I'm not spending cash on bloat that I don't want, need, or will never actually play. There are definitely consoles out there that are not yet in fashion as well. N64 games and GB games are still cheap. Most PSX games are still cheap, and PS2 and Xbox are almost being given away. Gamegear is cheap after the initial investment of getting a working gamegear. I feel like NES is coming back down, and Genesis/Mega Drive is also a great place to start on the cheap (a lot of the essential games are sub $20). SNES is getting ridiculous...

My last thought, the intro guides on racketboy (http://www.racketboy.com/guide/retro-gaming-101) are a great place to start. They are pretty spot on, but the prices and things have changed a bit, as they are starting to get dated, and I'm not sure the site is being updated anymore.

Good luck, and let us know where you are headed!

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 05:04:42 am »
Homefront: The Revolution.... $1.99 used from Redbox. Still haven't played it but I have heard of the awful reviews.. Still, only $1.99....