Author Topic: What Kind of Competition Don't You Like In Video Games  (Read 1182 times)

What Kind of Competition Don't You Like In Video Games
« on: July 17, 2017, 06:53:08 am »
I can't see why some of you posted on some of these threads, or I misunderstood what some of you meant by mentioning I don't like to compete/competition in video games.

I guess my main question is. what is it that some of you don't like about competing in video games? (against the computer mainly)? the first thing that went through my mind when I read someones post was, well they enjoy RPGS but cannot stand many other genres of video games. I suppose the Some RPGS are the easiest thing to play, but not all of them are a piece of cake to beat in my opinion.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is a game that it is vary hard to stay alive in for me at least. I don't know who posted that they don't like competition in video games, maybe they meant was they do not like sports games? I know a lot of people don't like them. but I do

this is about either competing against the computer, or your family, or friend, or buddy online and such. genre does not matter in this thread  ;)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 06:55:07 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: What Kind of Competition Don't You Like In Video Games
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 07:01:24 am »
I'm not usually into the one on one stuff in online multiplayer.  Fighting games are like the only exclusion from that, but even then, I've played alot of Injustice 2, but not really much multiplayer.  Local play with friends is fine though.  I think I get pretty tense about that stuff, but I'm working through it abit more with the shooter "PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds", which is basically 1 vs 99 people in a free for all, and I haven't been so tense about a game in a long while.  It's fun, but man when it's down to like 10 people in a small area and you have to try to not get shot while looking for everyone, it's so intense.

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 07:18:55 am »
I'm not usually into the one on one stuff in online multiplayer.  Fighting games are like the only exclusion from that, but even then, I've played alot of Injustice 2, but not really much multiplayer.  Local play with friends is fine though.  I think I get pretty tense about that stuff, but I'm working through it abit more with the shooter "PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds", which is basically 1 vs 99 people in a free for all, and I haven't been so tense about a game in a long while.  It's fun, but man when it's down to like 10 people in a small area and you have to try to not get shot while looking for everyone, it's so intense.

Huh, well let me tell you, better hope none of them players that wins has a stuped aim bot, but then again I used to piss hackers off when I killed their stupid aimbot the old fashion way in

Skulltag / Zandronum back in my online PC playing days with a keyboard non the less
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 07:20:50 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

pzeke

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 08:01:02 am »
Most probably they meant competing against another human player, probably online as mentioned above, or an overly competitive person.

I tend to be competitive, but mainly against myself. If a game has challenges I don't stop doing them until I have the highest time/score I can get. If I go online, and see that someone is playing the same game as me and got a higher time/score than I did, I will repeat the challenges until I get a higher number than that person. This happened with TMNT for the PS2. It has 16 challenges, and one day I decided to check the game on GameFAQs, went to the message boards and saw that someone had posted his times/scores for the challenges. His numbers were higher than mine in some, so I redid the challenges until I got higher numbers than him, which I did.

In sober doses, competition is good. As someone I knew from another forum used say: it avoids stagnancy.

Fair play is a rare thing these days, though.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 04:51:24 am »
i don't like to collect things to pass the level, it's annoying

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 07:44:28 am »
and one day I decided to check the game on GameFAQs, went to the message boards and saw that someone had posted his times/scores for the challenges. His numbers were higher than mine in some, so I redid the challenges until I got higher numbers than him, which I did.

In sober doses, competition is good. As someone I knew from another forum used say: it avoids stagnancy.

You can't trust GameFAQ's or any post your highest score website. Unless they have visual proof. Because it is vary easy to say I beat this game or so in so. But I would think that person, should have to prove their high score for it to be legit. I mean it is easy  for me to say on a public forum I beat Mario in ten minutes but the actual truth is I never beat a Mario game yet.  :( sadly the only way to be for sure if someone made a high score is on a public arcade machine in an arcade back in the day ???

NO APPS NEEDED

maximo310

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 04:51:17 pm »
and one day I decided to check the game on GameFAQs, went to the message boards and saw that someone had posted his times/scores for the challenges. His numbers were higher than mine in some, so I redid the challenges until I got higher numbers than him, which I did.

:( sadly the only way to be for sure if someone made a high score is on a public arcade machine in an arcade back in the day ???
That's how Twin Galaxies rose and fell through the ranks of serious scoreplayers. Their rigid ruleset and " pay to submit" submission system ended up going too far in the other direction so people just post elsewhere. A image or replay usually helps with score submissions, even if i've been accused of cheating cuz of MAME :p.

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 05:06:42 am »
also I don't like lobg onlie games, my PC is too old for this

tripredacus

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 11:32:34 am »
I don't like the trophy/achievement competition in relating to having fun in single player games. Especially when it comes to PC games, there is a long history of games having cheat codes you can use. Many modern games do not have cheats or disable consoles. Those games that do have cheats, will often disable achievements if you choose to use them.

My usual method of playing games is do what I can by default. But if things are too frustrating such as a dumb level, or some glitch happens, I would use a cheat. Or maybe I would play through a game on the hardest difficulty with invincibility or something just to goof around. In my experience, anytime I have gone online to ask about cheats in games, I am lambasted by so many people who are in it for the achievements, or getting good enough at the game to do the achievement and anyone who wants to use cheats for any reason is an idiot or something.