Author Topic: August 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 7121 times)

Flashback2012

August 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« on: August 01, 2017, 01:33:24 pm »
New month, new thread. And GO!  ;D

spac316

Re: August 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 01:24:13 pm »
Games I got from Pink Gorilla in Seattle the other day... WWF Superstars for GB and Sega Genesis Collection for PSP from the Int. Dist. location and the rest from the University Dist. location.(yes I visited both) Final Fantasy Crisis Core and Dissidia Duodecim. WWE SDvR 2009, WWF Attitude for GBC and Professor Layton and the Unwound Future.

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 03:51:53 pm »
This is what i've got during the past two weeks (so most of it were brought during July but i'm to lazy to make two different post for it  ;D).

PS2:
Chicken Little: Ace in Action
Forbidden Siren
Giants Citizen Kabuto
God of War II - Special Edition
Herdy Gerdy
Riding Spirits II
Sniper Elite
Socom U.S. Navy Seals - Platinum
Virtua Cop: Elite Edition
World Series of Poker

PS3:
Star Ocean: The Last Hope - International (the 13th Star Ocean in my collection, i think i will try to get the Japanese PS3 version of SO5 next since it didn't get a release anywhere else on that system)
Steins;Gate (I waited for more than a year to find a good price for the Limited Edition, i think i don't really care about it anymore since when i've seen the normal edition for 3.99€ in a used shop i didn't hesitate to buy it)

PC:
FEAR 2
Hotel Simulation
Ori and the Blind Forest - Definitive Edition
Painkiller: Hell & Damnation
Sam & Max - Season 1
Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Mummy
Two Worlds II

Xbox:
Metal Dungeon

Spectrum:
I was in a garage sales and while i don't usually check for casette my eyes were attracted by the one that was on the top (it was the music from Ken le Survivant, the French name for Hokuto no Ken) so i still checked them to see what else he had and i found 5 ZX Spectrum casettes. Usually i wouldn't have bought them since i don't own the system but for the price (20 cts each, 1€ for the six) plus the fact that it started to rain and the guy absolutely didn't care about protecting his stuff from it i decided to take them with me, maybe i will find someone to give them to.

Airwolf
Daley Thompsons Decathlon
Horizons (Software starter pack)
Hunchback II: Quasimodo's Revenge
Tank Trax

Skylanders: (I found a used shop where the skylanders were at 1€ each and it was a Buy 3 get 1 Free offer so i took four that i didn't had)

Chill (Series 2)
Grim Creeper (Lightcore)
Roller Brawl
Star Strike (Lightcore)

I also got a Dark Souls III cover Plate for the PS4 and this morning my young niece given me a Sonic Mug and a f*cking huge Pikachu plushie, my birthday is coming next week and she wanted to give them today since she will be leaving for vacation tomorrow.

soera

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 05:03:38 pm »
Today one of my dream items arrived : The Dragon quest XI Loto edition PS4 console. Man, they really went all out on this beautiful system!

shepard11

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 07:44:55 pm »
I think I created a monster. Close friend of mine brought a NES and Dreamcast today because he really enjoys playing my systems and wanted to start his gaming collection. Poor bastard. So after dealing with house stuff I decided to take him to my favorite haunts. Ended up in my favorite haunt 40 miles away. So happy when I move it's still only 40 miles away. He brought couple games for each system I figured since I was there I should probably buy something too and the wife didn't mind either.

SNES:
Tiny Toons Buster Busts Loose

Gamecube:
Pac-man Vs. Pac-man World 2 Player's Choice
Scorpion King Rise of the Akkadian

Sega Game Gear:
Tom and Jerry the Movie
Woody Pop

Sega Saturn:
Nascar 98

Sega Dreamcast:
Centipede

PSP:
Ape Escape On the Loose Greatest Hits

robertoman

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 02:58:00 pm »
I got some games that I've wanted to play for quite some time now.

PS2:
Yakuza
Winback: Covert Operations
Jak II
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
Exterminator

Steam:
Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition
Super House Of Dead Ninjas
Quake 4
The Evil Within

On a side note, I'm really loving Yakuza so far. I would love the game even more if it weren't for that annoying camera during battle.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 12:16:46 am by robertoman »

shepard11

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 11:33:51 pm »
Man it's been kinda a busy week for gaming with me. We ended up going to Zanesville since we are going to be only living 8 miles away from that. I haven't been in Zanesville in like 15 years since I lived there. The wife wanted to go to antique stores and find fiestaware pieces she didn't already own. As we got off the interstate we saw a buncha table in a parking lot on a side street. Stopped to check it out. There was a guy there had 3 folding tables full of games from 2600 to Xboxone. I'm sad I only had 20 bucks on me I couldve left with a full table of stuff. I ended up picking up 3 games I really wanted for only 17 bucks. Talked to the seller said he sets up every weekend. So here in a few weeks I might see if he's still around.

NES:
Base Wars
Simpsons Bart vs Space Mutants

N64:
Kirby 64

Xbox 360:
Destiny
Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2017, 04:51:56 am »
Drove down with some friends to Miami yesterday to go to the Play Nintendo Tour that is traveling around the country.  Mostly just to get Nintendo swag like the thermos, and then we went to some game shops in the area.  One wasn't good, the other much better.  Also went to Arcade Odyssey.  Top notch arcade place.  Small, but good.  At the better game shop, I got a free box for Worms Armageddon because the game was missing and then decided if I'm going to get back into classic game collecting, it's just gonna be boxed and one system, so it'll be Nintendo 64.  Not amazing prices on them, but comfortable enough to grab and they were in nice condition and CIB.

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2017, 05:53:11 am »
That's a pretty cool thermos.

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2017, 02:56:21 pm »
That's a pretty cool thermos.

It's a pretty legit thermos.  Apparently they are going for like 35 to 40 bucks on ebay already lol

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2017, 02:11:04 pm »
Got another solid batch of 360 titles to start the month off:

360:

The Black Eyed Peas Experience
Guitar Hero Live
Guitar Hero Van Halen
Indianapolis 500 Evolution
Motionports: Play for Real
NBA 2K16
NBA Live 07
NCAA Football 07
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit
Nickelodeon Dance
Operation Flashpoint: Red River
Ski-Doo Snowmobile Challenge
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition

444 titles remain...

Card/Board:
Monopoly Gamer

What I'm happy about with this last batch is that I have completed another letter of the 360 library. I now have every NTSC title that begins with O. Still got 24 letters to go though!

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2017, 02:15:20 pm »
I'm trying to cut back this month and purchase as little as possible.

Amazon is assisting with that.  I made a few orders and they proceeded to do me a favor and destroyed the items during transit.

So far this month the only thing I've acquired is Far Cry Instincts: Predator (360)

rayne315

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2017, 05:10:43 pm »

Amazon is assisting with that.  I made a few orders and they proceeded to do me a favor and destroyed the items during transit.

So far this month the only thing I've acquired is Far Cry Instincts: Predator (360)

ouch... same package as your animal food comes in again? are they easy to get refunds on at least?

Im also boring only game I have received this week is:

Binding of Isaac: afterbirth (switch) mainly so my fiancé can play it finally.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 05:12:48 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Flashback2012

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2017, 07:15:33 pm »
Went to a Half Price Books clearance sale and found a couple of $2 Strategy Guides including ones for Dynasty Warriors 2 (PS2) and Shinobi (PS2). Found a ton of comics (probably went overboard in that regard  :P) and a Jampack for PS2. Hit up a place called 2nd and Charles after that and found the following CIB PC Games for $1 each...

Create
Daycare Nightmare
GunMetal: War Transformed
Galactic Assault: Prisoner of Power
Victoria: An Empire Under the Sun (already owned  :P)

Found a copy of Pro 18: World Tour Golf for $4 and a shrinkwrapped Wii Sports Resort for $4.95. I wondered why they were selling it for so cheap and I didn't realize till a little bit ago that it was mislabeled as the original Wii Sports.  ;D

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2017, 07:24:45 pm »

ouch... same package as your animal food comes in again? are they easy to get refunds on at least?

Im also boring only game I have received this week is:

Binding of Isaac: afterbirth (switch) mainly so my fiancé can play it finally.
Yes, actually.  They shipped it with my subscribe and save stuff, but when I say "destroyed in transit" I mean, literally destroyed in transit, the tracking says undeliverable (Destroyed in transit).  I called and got realllllllly angry with them because they didn't even tell me or refund me or anything.  They refunded my games and made a new order for all of my subscribe stuff to be resent to be delivered tomorrow.  They refused to replace the games though, so they just gave me my money back.