Author Topic: What do you do for a living?  (Read 8022 times)

Re: What do you do for a living?
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2017, 10:50:02 pm »
Recently quit my job to study Japanese full-time with plans to take the top level proficiency test at the end of next year. I'll probably do something part time next year but i'm working towards a career in localization/translation/interpreting, hopefully with the Nintendo Treehouse^^

desocietas

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2017, 11:14:27 am »
Recently quit my job to study Japanese full-time with plans to take the top level proficiency test at the end of next year. I'll probably do something part time next year but i'm working towards a career in localization/translation/interpreting, hopefully with the Nintendo Treehouse^^

Oo, exciting! Good luck!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2017, 12:21:03 pm »
Mental Health Therapist. I wrote quite a few research papers on video games and mental health while working towards my Master's degree :D

I write for a video game/movie/book review blog that can be found here

SilverBow

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2017, 12:31:35 pm »
RETIRED. Formerly petroleum industry pilot plant operator, U.S. Army CBR Operations NCO, gas chromatography laboratory technician, and finally, computer system programmer for a major oil company research division. Educational background: Chemical Engineering & Computer Science.

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2017, 12:51:35 pm »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:42:05 pm by jce3000gt »

kashell

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2017, 03:33:24 pm »
BA (business analyst, not bad-ass...although that term works just as well) for the state of TN.

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2017, 10:39:20 pm »

Oo, exciting! Good luck!

Thanks a lot! 一所懸命頑張る!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 10:41:40 pm by urameshi7 »

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2017, 11:58:21 pm »
Broadcast Engineer for a major TV station in Oklahoma. I get to tinker with all sorts of stuff from cameras and bonded cellular systems to high power transmitters and some of the helicopter equipment.

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2017, 04:45:36 am »
I was a non commissioned officer for over a decade and am now studying to improve my career opportunities.

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2017, 09:02:44 am »
Work at IBM as a Service Rep for most of the banks in the region.

doafan

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2017, 12:52:53 pm »
RETIRED. Formerly petroleum industry pilot plant operator, U.S. Army CBR Operations NCO, gas chromatography laboratory technician, and finally, computer system programmer for a major oil company research division. Educational background: Chemical Engineering & Computer Science.

Damn man, hope that you don't mind but how old are you ?  :o

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2017, 03:35:31 pm »
Software Engineer/Developer.

Cool!

I am also a software engineer (for over 20 years). Most at work think of me as a Swiss Army Knife.

I can write the code, validate it, and build the data center it runs in all from scratch. Did just that for a company that makes streaming media players and TVs.

In fact I'm looking to hire another person or two with a proven reputation of doing the same. :)

I don't want to hijack the thread so PM me if any of you want more details.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2017, 03:52:09 pm »

Cool!

I am also a software engineer (for over 20 years). Most at work think of me as a Swiss Army Knife.

I can write the code, validate it, and build the data center it runs in all from scratch. Did just that for a company that makes streaming media players and TVs.

In fact I'm looking to hire another person or two with a proven reputation of doing the same. :)

I applied there once.  I was even contacted for more information.  Turns out, they didn't want me.  I can't imagine why a streaming media company didn't want a civil engineer.   :o

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2017, 05:15:12 pm »

Cool!

I applied there once.  I was even contacted for more information.  Turns out, they didn't want me.  I can't imagine why a streaming media company didn't want a civil engineer.   :o

Hehehehehe. I saw your application! Don't feel too bad brother. It's very competitive out here!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2017, 05:22:28 pm »

Cool!

Hehehehehe. I saw your application! Don't feel too bad brother. It's very competitive out here!

I think I blew it when I told the nice lady that I knew absolutely nothing about software.    ;)