Author Topic: Separate entries for different versions?  (Read 1929 times)

Separate entries for different versions?
« on: August 22, 2017, 12:00:16 am »
I added the PS-X-Change 2 (PS1) to the db and it is version 2.  Now I've got a version 3 coming in the mail soon and the disc is different and likely has been updated.  Is that considered another separate entry?   I'll scan it immediately once I get it if that helps? 

Agozer

Re: Separate entries for different versions?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 06:34:15 am »
Yes.

I didn't even know there was a version 3.

rayne315

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 12:37:23 pm »
any physical difference between items is enough to constitute a new listing. so yes feel free to make a new one so long as it does not already exist.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 08:57:20 pm »
Sounds good, thanks guys.  I had no idea there was a version 3 either.   Now my hunt for version 1 begins!

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 09:27:43 am »
To follow up here with another question on this topic.  I also bought another PS-X-Change 2 version 2.0 like the one I had but this one doesn't have a black disc so that means there are 2 version 2.0's?  If this is the case then does that also constitute separate entry as well? 

First, I'll need to examine both discs closely and also post them up so the community can verify that this second non-black disc is genuine.  The fact that it came CIB with each of the three tools (metal piece, spring, etc) while also being in the exact same case as the one I have tells me it is genuine. 

tripredacus

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 10:13:17 am »
It looks like NTSC is green and black and PAL is orange and black?

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 11:34:35 am »
It looks like NTSC is green and black and PAL is orange and black?

Yes, except this second NTSC version 2.0 I just got has a green top and is a silver disc and is not black.  A bit puzzling...

tripredacus

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2017, 12:00:32 pm »
Are you talking about the disc bottom?

rayne315

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2017, 12:53:44 pm »
please post pics when you have a moment.

If im not mistaken there was a thread similar to this current question about the silver bottom PS1 disc a while back. unfortunately im to busy at work to think about where it might be located to see what we determined there.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2017, 01:20:11 pm »
Are you talking about the disc bottom?

In reference to my two different version 2.0's.  I do not know what disc color my version 3.0 is as of yet. 

please post pics when you have a moment.

If im not mistaken there was a thread similar to this current question about the silver bottom PS1 disc a while back. unfortunately im to busy at work to think about where it might be located to see what we determined there.

You know, now that you mention it that does sound familiar like I've read it before.

telly

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2017, 01:23:28 pm »
Both Chrono Cross and Final Fantasy IX have three greatest hits releases: one Squaresoft release, and two SE releases: one with black bottomed discs and one with silver (normal) bottomed discs. The silver variant was sold through SE's online store.

They all have their own entry in the database :)
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2017, 01:25:27 pm »
Both Chrono Cross and Final Fantasy IX have three greatest hits releases: one Squaresoft release, and two SE releases: one with black bottomed discs and one with silver (normal) bottomed discs. The silver variant was sold through SE's online store.

They all have their own entry in the database :)

Are the silver discs considered rare?  Should I collect them?  I need to check my Chrono Cross' and FFIX's to see if either of them have silver discs.