Author Topic: Secret of Mana remake  (Read 3020 times)

Secret of Mana remake
« on: August 25, 2017, 11:26:46 am »
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/08/25/secret-mana-remake-coming-ps4-vita/#/slide/1

A little disappointed with not having an XBOX One and Switch release but I'll take it since it is better than nothing and my PS4 Pro is solely meant for RPGs and such.  :)  Cannot wait to hear more of the music!

Oh, and apparently, Japan is getting this.  I hope we get something like that...

Screenshots!

« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 11:54:39 am by jce3000gt »

kashell

Re: Secret of Mana remake
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 11:50:25 am »
Japan's LE is sweeeeeet. I'll likely double-dip with this game because Secret of Mana is a favorite.

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 11:54:12 am »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:31:54 pm by jce3000gt »

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 01:19:36 pm »
I always had a hard time getting into this game, probably because I first played it about 20-years after it originally came out. The AI of your party members was infuriating at times and made me rage quit too many times for me to want to continue. Still, I'm glad this is being made for those people who are huge fans of the game.

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 01:22:37 pm »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:31:49 pm by jce3000gt »

telly

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 01:42:21 pm »
Very excited for this! I played it co-op a little while back and it was a ton of fun :)
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 01:44:25 pm »
I always had a hard time getting into this game, probably because I first played it about 20-years after it originally came out. The AI of your party members was infuriating at times and made me rage quit too many times for me to want to continue. Still, I'm glad this is being made for those people who are huge fans of the game.

Other than the AI pathing there wasn't anything else I really had a complaint about.  There was one song I hated (the Sprite's village theme) but that's it.

Is that the one when you're in the Dwarf Village or the one when you enter Outerlands?

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2017, 02:58:29 pm »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:31:43 pm by jce3000gt »

ferraroso

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2017, 07:16:14 pm »
I share everybody's excitement everytime a classic is remade or re-released!
And, contrarily to the majority of comments that I see around the internet, I usually don't care much about a game's graphics.
But I have a sincere question: Is there a reason for the game to be released with this early PS2 era visuals?
I mean, is it a remake coming straight from the SNES version or is it the PS4 relaunch of some PS2 or PSP re-release?

I asked this because, if they a releasing it on a current-gen platform with this kind of graphics, even though I'm not a Secret Mana fan, I would prefer playing it on its original form which, I believe, is much more beautiful considering the technical limitations of that period.

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2017, 11:15:44 pm »
hope they don't leave out the co-op! exciting and shocking that we might actually be making damn good use of vita's ad hoc in 2018. to a degree this game can make the vita quite desirable again outside of japan.

don think we're ever getting an english physical copy, a least on vita. sucks...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 11:26:01 pm by thworsh »

sworddude

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2017, 05:27:11 am »
I share everybody's excitement everytime a classic is remade or re-released!
And, contrarily to the majority of comments that I see around the internet, I usually don't care much about a game's graphics.
But I have a sincere question: Is there a reason for the game to be released with this early PS2 era visuals?
I mean, is it a remake coming straight from the SNES version or is it the PS4 relaunch of some PS2 or PSP re-release?

I asked this because, if they a releasing it on a current-gen platform with this kind of graphics, even though I'm not a Secret Mana fan, I would prefer playing it on its original form which, I believe, is much more beautiful considering the technical limitations of that period.

They have already made a 2d remake

Besides 3d gives this game a different look might be kinda interesting to try out.

Maybe upon release you can choose both 3d and 2D grapics.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2017, 10:48:12 am »
That LE is so tempting. I do hope we get any sort of physical release here in NA.
Currently Playing
Final Fantasy XIV, Overwatch, Persona 3/4/5

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2017, 01:02:32 pm »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:31:35 pm by jce3000gt »

kashell

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2017, 03:32:53 pm »

Other than the AI pathing there wasn't anything else I really had a complaint about.  There was one song I hated (the Sprite's village theme) but that's it.

Is that the one when you're in the Dwarf Village or the one when you enter Outerlands?

Yea.  Where you view the old man's "show" where he does that thing making the sprite small?  Its been a while so I cannot remember the details.  Its the place where Watts the blacksmith upgrader dude is.  It is the Dwarf Village I think.

That song is pretty grating. I try to get past that point as quickly as possible.

Besides 3d gives this game a different look might be kinda interesting to try out.

When did they remake Secret of Mana?

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2017, 03:44:37 pm »

When did they remake Secret of Mana?

I think the mobile phone version is what they're talking about?

Currently Playing
Final Fantasy XIV, Overwatch, Persona 3/4/5