Author Topic: Trying to remember a couple old video games  (Read 1655 times)

Trying to remember a couple old video games
« on: August 28, 2017, 11:06:39 am »
Hello,

For years now i've been trying to remember a couple old video games I remember playing as a kid but have had zero luck locating them online.
The first one I remember playing was i believe for the SNES, all I can really remember was at the beginning of the game there was some sort of storm and it was showing a guy going through a cave i believe jumping from ledges? I know like in between lightning strikes there was moments where it was text rolling down the screen to let you know the story (or thats what I think I remember). This may have been for the genesis but most likely the SNES.

The second game I think was for the ps1 but I also dont remember much about. All I can remember was being at some sort of stage selection screen where you could walk around in 3rd person and you were on some sort of floating rock or island. To get to the stage you wanted you had to walk into these white teleporters I think that were on the edge (they used to remind me of glasses of milk).

I know this isnt much to work with but it'd sure be nice to figure out what these were!

Thanks,

Nik 

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Trying to remember a couple old video games
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 12:16:45 pm »
First one sounds like the opening to Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past, possibly. And the second sounds like the first Crash Bandicoot.

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 12:18:54 pm »
First one sounds like the opening to Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past, possibly. And the second sounds like the first Crash Bandicoot.

Ah, its for sure neither of those titles as I already own them and know them very well. I'd like to think the second one might have possibly been an RPG?

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 12:42:09 pm »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:30:02 pm by jce3000gt »

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 01:15:49 pm »
Wow, that first one is almost 100% just like Zelda A Link to the Past though.  I've never head of another game with that opening setting.
Yes, it is for sure another game. I was actually playing LTTP earlier today, great game but i'm looking for another one!

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 01:18:28 pm »
From what I remember, i'm pretty sure the first one was a side-scroller as well

kashell

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 01:37:59 pm »
From what I remember, i'm pretty sure the first one was a side-scroller as well
Hmm...was it Hagane?

telly

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2017, 01:42:54 pm »
Do you remember what kind of game the SNES game was? Like a sidescroller or RPG?
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2017, 01:51:55 pm »
No it wasn't Hagane but I do appreciate the input people!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2017, 02:49:50 pm »

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2017, 03:11:00 pm »
Try this one on

https://youtu.be/73H9XkEBOsI
Wow! You Pretty well nailed my description with this one but unfortunately, this is also not the one. So close

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2017, 03:20:36 pm »
Try this one on

https://youtu.be/73H9XkEBOsI
Wow! You Pretty well nailed my description with this one but unfortunately, this is also not the one. So close

Damn.  I thought I nailed it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2017, 05:48:20 pm »
It's not a SNES game, it's a Game Boy game that was later remade as a GBA game. But I do remember that in the beginning of Final Fantasy Adventure (GB)/Sword of Mana (GBA) that you get pushed off of a cliff, and wake up at the bottom of a waterfall.