Author Topic: September 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 14070 times)

Re: September 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2017, 12:28:02 pm »
Germany came in.  Isn't that just beautiful!  It is in such pristine shape VGA would probably rate it gold.  Not a blemish anywhere on the seal.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 03:35:09 pm by desocietas »

desocietas

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2017, 03:35:54 pm »
nice! added the "width=500" to your image links so they don't wreck people viewing on mobile ;) can always view original size by clicking on the image.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2017, 03:52:11 pm »
You must really love FFXII
Currently Playing
Final Fantasy XIV, Overwatch, Persona 3/4/5

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2017, 05:10:26 pm »
nice! added the "width=500" to your image links so they don't wreck people viewing on mobile ;) can always view original size by clicking on the image.

Thanks, didn't expect them to be so large.   :o

You must really love FFXII

Yes, yes I do.  Plus the adventure of getting all of them and researching the releases is fun.  I think I'll pick out a few other games I really like to do the same thing for once I finish this one.  Feels better to get these than just some random crap commons on most systems.  :)

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2017, 08:05:53 pm »
My haul for today

Also the Pokemon Sapphire has a green shell on the back. Guy who sold it to me said it was a legit cartridge and from what I've seen on it and the board it is legit. Anyone know where I can replacement shells similar to Sapphires, or should I just leave it as is?
Currently Playing

telly

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2017, 08:49:17 pm »
I'm playing Half-Genie Hero right now, xnblank. Great game.
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

desocietas

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2017, 09:33:47 pm »
ayyy, puyo puyo tetris is fun! story mode is a bit silly, but does help to learn puyo puyo if you didn't know how to play it before.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

sworddude

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2017, 10:17:20 am »
Some interesting weeks prettyt oddball deals to be fair  ???

Mr domino ps1 7,50 euro's loss

Dino land sega genesis cib 13 euro loss hard to find in europe I'm pleased  :D

small psp ps2 deal for free all cib

ps2 xtrmele legends dynasty warriors 5

psp 2 naruto games

A nice ps1 ps2 rpg deal all cib 10 euro's each loss I'll happily pay such prices for ntc exclusive rpg's  ;D

shining tears ps2
rpg maker ps1

Gamestore deals for free all cib

psp crazy taxi

ps2

airborn troops will nicely with my covert command

gamecube

harvest moon this game has elluded me for quite some time finally have one black label

DS

Drone tactics
DBZ attack of the sayans enjoyed this game way more than I should have one of the better dbz games  :D

Strategy guide deals 10 euro's loss total, Not the most easy to find guides I'm pretty pleased  ;D

Pokemon ruby & sapphire
Metroid prime & fusion combo
zelda four swords
zelda collectors edition gamecube

free ps1 deals all cib

sheep
road rash jail break
rollcage
tenka
CT special forces
Crash bash the final crash bandicoot game wich I needed

Gameboy deal for 15 euro's a piece pretty solid would have loved to pay less but allas.

Box condition are excellent manuals included however unfortunately no vip points, I will hunt those down when i come across lesser copies in deals at least everything is in excellent shape wich is allot harder to get than those cards and for 15 a pop.

Castlevania
zelda II
Zelda 1

Some trade  :o

I never trade but the buyer bought allot and paid for shipping + he would pay for shipping for my item + it was a game that I really wanted So I gave in and accepted the trade wich I never do. So for a 2 euro loss

KOF orochi saga ps2 UKV hard to find in europe cib excellent shape completing my KOF set on the ps2  ;D

The oddball deals

A mainly dreamcast deal

Some seller contacted me again with a slightly higher price

The following game wich costed me nothing in the end all cib excellent shape

Marvel vs capcom 2 xbox

Dreamcast marvel vs capcom  :D

Seller said some strange things about adding some games If I would buy wich were not listed and threw those in like they were worth nothing  :o

2 ntc america exclusives not released in europe

KIng of fighters 99
the last blade 2  ;D

Never knew a last blade game existed on the dreamcast  :o Pretty pleased though

Some strange deal turbo grafx master system deal for free all cib

Dragon crystal
cyber shinobi

Turbo grafx

alien crush  :D
blazing lazers  :D
dungeon explorer  :D

Unfortunately without the carboard boxes but since I do not live in the US these games are very hard to get in europe

The strangest deal of the past two weeks

Some guy had allot of import stuff more importantly not individually priced except for obvious ones like snatcher grandia common rpg's wich I had did not need in the first place

For a 80 euro's loss i got the following everythin cib discs all excellent

sega saturn

Blazing tornado with spine card
galaxy force II with spine card
Ninja Jajamaru Kun: Onigiri Ninpoucho Kin with spine card  :D
Motteke Tamago with Ganbare  :D

Pc engine cd

Ldis
legion with spine card
Rayxanber II  :D
popful mail wich plays allot differently than the sega cd counter part  :D
Iganinden Gaou with spine card  :D

for such prices I'm game  ;D

« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 10:42:24 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2017, 08:28:35 pm »
Some goodies I got at a flea market.

Currently Playing

theflea

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2017, 09:30:22 pm »
Had a great week for finds. My local used game store got in a rare game console and they had no idea what they had, Also had a great find from a garage sale.  ;)

PS4
- Utawarerumono: Mask of Trurth - Launch Edition

I was at my local used game store and picked up a few games (see below) and as I was walking out I see something out of the corner of my eye and see a Gold PS4. I think... no... and take a closer look and see it's the Limited Edition Gold PS4 that was only given away in a contest by Taco Bell.  :o
Then I see it's only $200  :o I ask the clerk if it had the gold controller and he says he tells me yes. Then he tells me it came in the store brand new in the box. I ask about the box and he goes to look for it and can't find it. After a while of searching and not finding the box he looks in the trash and finds it in the garbage.  :o Thank god it was saved.  ;D

GC
My local used game store got in a GC I needed for cheap.
- Dragon's Lair 3D

SNES
My local used game store got in a bunch of SNES games, found a few dirt cheap games I needed.
- Pro Quarterback ($1.50)
- Frank Thomas Big Hurt Baseball ($1.50)
- Riddick Bowe Boxing ($2)
- PTO ($3)
- We're Back: A Dinosaur Story ($3)

MD
My local used game store got in a couple Mega Drive games.  :o I saw this game for $7 and looked up the going value and see it was priced as the American version and the Mega Drive version goes for about $50. So I had to buy it.  :P
- Sea Quest DSV

ATARI 2600
- Centipede (mislabeled version)
I was going through a bin of Atari games at my local game store and find an odd label variant, I look up and only found a few people on Atari Forums that found this. So I just bought it. It was labeled with the Colecovision version of the label and is relabeled and the end label is orange instead of red.

And now the few finds from garage sales...
I didn't hit a lot of sales but in the small amount I did score one great find.

DC
First find was a Dreamcast Keyboard in the box for $1.

NES
While I was out hitting the sales I get a text from a friend of mine and he tells me he found a NES and N64 at a garage sale and sends me the address. But he saw it the DAY BEFORE. I think crap there's no way it's still there but head to the sale anyway. I get there and I'm shocked to see the NES lot was still there.  :o but the N64 was gone. I see some decent games and ask a price and I'm told $100. Honestly not a bad price seeing it came with almost 20 games. But I got him to take $85. Here's what it came with.
- NES console with 2 controllers and all hook ups.
- Game Genie with a bunch of code books.
- Super Mario Bros.
- Super Mario Bros. 2
- Super Mario Bros. 3
- Section Z
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit
- X-Men
- Wizards & Warriors
- Yoshi
- Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle
- Puss n Boots
- Hatris
- Ikari III: The Rescue
- MC Kids
- Ninja Gaiden II
- Mike Tyson's Punch-Out
- Mega Man 2
- Adventure Island 2
- Adventure Island 3
- North & South

I still can't believe this lot was sitting out in the open at a garage sale for over a day and it was not sold.
I gotta start hitting the sales again, been slacking the last few months due to other BS.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 09:34:12 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

desocietas

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2017, 09:54:55 pm »
dude, i can't believe that about the gold ps4...... but you of all people should be the one to have it!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

theflea

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2017, 10:09:53 pm »
dude, i can't believe that about the gold ps4...... but you of all people should be the one to have it!

Thanks man.
I remember going to Taco Bell most every lunch break trying to win one of these. I never thought I'd find one just sitting in a used game store for the price of a normal one. (with the box no less) Now if only I can find the 25th Anniversary version like this.  ::)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 10:13:13 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2017, 09:45:28 am »

I know right... 

Speaking of special edition PlayStations.  I just discovered something I am going to have to buy for my FF12 collection...  Apparently Japan had a PS2+FF12 bundle.  There's ~$200 more I need to spend.  Haha!

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2017, 10:01:43 am »
Germany came in.  Isn't that just beautiful!  It is in such pristine shape VGA would probably rate it gold.  Not a blemish anywhere on the seal.

It wasn't a PAL region copy, but I remember seeing a Japanese version of this game for sale at a game store in NYC back in late May of 2006, a few months before it came out in North America. I think they wanted like $80 for it and being the huge FF fan I was at the time I almost did. Seeing how I later found out I didn't care for the game and that I am not proficient in Japanese it was probably for the best I didn't pick it up.

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2017, 10:56:51 am »
It wasn't a PAL region copy, but I remember seeing a Japanese version of this game for sale at a game store in NYC back in late May of 2006, a few months before it came out in North America. I think they wanted like $80 for it and being the huge FF fan I was at the time I almost did. Seeing how I later found out I didn't care for the game and that I am not proficient in Japanese it was probably for the best I didn't pick it up.

I agree with you not picking it up if you ended up not liking it.  I bought the Japanese SaGa Frontier when it was launched in Japan and played the hell out of it not being able to read any Japanese.  Liked it so much I bought the US version immediately upon release.  I also bought Final Fantasy V new back around 1995 out thinking it was going to come to the US as my still owned EGM said it would.  Well we know the story about that now...  Haha!