Author Topic: My Local Game Store  (Read 4073 times)

fazerco

PRO Supporter

Re: My Local Game Store
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2017, 01:19:24 pm »
Stores here are not coming close to that at all. We should be happy if they have the new games.......

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2017, 01:52:41 pm »
I pretty much don't hunt anymore as it is.

My finds are all online finds.  Rarely I make the effort to go out and hit places because there is nothing to get.

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2017, 07:21:35 pm »
Not gonna lie, I honestly thought this was the same place I have been to in the past here in NJ since it looked very similar in terms of how everything is organized but then I remember their pricing sticker were on the back of the games.

shepard11

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2017, 03:18:45 pm »
Since I moved out of the area (30 miles), there are no game shops near me now. The two local haunts in the city I work in are really out of my way and close before I get off work. I'm still going to my favorite haunt but it's like now every 3 weeks since it takes me an hour to get there now. Flea that's a really nice shop I could spend hours at that Sega Cabinet.

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2017, 12:04:03 pm »
I live in a very rural and out-posted town, where the nearest store that sells video games is about an hour away. The people here also don't seem to be interested too much on video games anymore than what's new. It's pretty hard to find anything around here that isn't recently released or full price.  :-\

Warmsignal

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2017, 01:13:02 am »
I said I'd post some pics of the store I often go to, so here it is. Pics aren't good, didn't want to get caught and didn't take any of the other side of the store (this is only half of the store). I would make some wise-crack about theflea's collection, but you get the idea.

Mostly odds and ends, there's some boxed TG 16 stuff there.

There's some 3DO stuff on the top shelf I didn't get.

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2017, 08:37:20 am »
I don't know about the prices there, but I wish my stores had an inventory like that.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2017, 10:01:34 am »
Yeah, those boxed NES games are sexy.  There's weird boxes I want like that Back To the Future II & III and Jaws.

rayne315

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2017, 10:20:47 am »
either you live in a very large city or the prices are so skewed that they just don't sell all that much. im not sure about the disc based games but if all those carts were in my local store and priced how my store prices them there would only be 1 maybe 2 shelves of ALL the cart stuff (even sports titles).

either way that store is very impressive and the largest collection I have seen in a store.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2017, 10:23:36 am »
either you live in a very large city or the prices are so skewed that they just don't sell all that much. im not sure about the disc based games but if all those carts were in my local store and priced how my store prices them there would only be 1 maybe 2 shelves of ALL the cart stuff (even sports titles).

either way that store is very impressive and the largest collection I have seen in a store.
I live in a top 10 population city, the prices are so skewed, and none of our stores have an inventory like that.

There is actually 1 store in my town that I've known about but I have NEVER gone to.  The owner used to (probably still does) run flea market stalls at two of our city's flea markets, moderate inventory, horrible prices.  Worse than ebay 100% of the time.  Eventually opened up a brick and mortar store downtown.  It looks like he bought out a record store, kept the record inventory and added his video games and re-branded to his store.  What pictures I've seen it looks like your stereotypical record store.  Outside and inside.  Maybe one day I'll make a trip just to verify.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 10:29:39 am by ignition365 »

telly

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2017, 10:44:03 am »
You guys have some sweet local game stores. Mine is nice, but it's not nearly as big or comprehensive
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

Warmsignal

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2017, 02:07:18 pm »
The store is a combination of stuff that has walked in the door and multiples buy-outs of other places, including the former biggest place around that kept much of it in storage away from the public. Actually I live in a small town, in a mostly rural state. Luckily for me I guess, the game collecting scene here isn't huge. There's definitely some collectors, but I imagine not as much as the average town sees. They also never take their stuff to cons and sell out like most stores do. Prices are usually eBay, sometimes a little more.

When I was in there taking pics, an N64 with about 30 games walked in the door. Stuff like that happens on a daily basis there.

telly

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2017, 02:09:33 pm »
My local game store maybe has 40 N64 games. Tops. Maybe like 1 shelf for GameCube stuff haha
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2017, 02:30:15 pm »
My favorite local store has a shelving unit for N64 games, rarely are there more than 10-20 games total.

Everything else they have plenty of stock... N64 they just never have anything.

Warmsignal

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2017, 02:33:18 pm »
Yeah that's how a lot of game stores are. Another reason why there might be so much stuff here, is because the store isn't advertised as a game store. They are mainly a computer / phone repair store. Doesn't say anything about a game store, it just says "we buy games". Half the people who come in are like - wow, I never knew all this was in here. I overheard someone last week saying that one of the bigger YouTube channels would be coming from out of state to do a video on the store. So it might not stay quite the goldmine it is for much longer.