Author Topic: Uploading photos of manuals and inserts on game pages?  (Read 974 times)

thedotadoctor

Uploading photos of manuals and inserts on game pages?
« on: July 14, 2017, 11:07:25 pm »
Hi i'm newer here and I love just updating the data on game pages! One thing I wish we could upload is pictures of the manuals and the inserts from games! I don't know if this has been requested before I did not see it. But I am so interested in this and it would give me more stuff to do!

Re: Uploading photos of manuals and inserts on game pages?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 07:06:35 am »
Hi i'm newer here and I love just updating the data on game pages! One thing I wish we could upload is pictures of the manuals and the inserts from games! I don't know if this has been requested before I did not see it. But I am so interested in this and it would give me more stuff to do!

well your in luck because this site lets you do that ;) But you see,it has to be a video game that does is not already in the database. OR you could create a collection and add your own photo of your own manual. and be able to view it with your brand new VG collect account you've just made :D

Also you can create a facebook page vary easy. by logging into Facebook, and clicking on the right hand side of the page, and clicking create page. then to upload  an image to facebook just make a status post and insert an image . (from a PC or flash drive or digital camera)

also you can advertise (your page) on Facebook for  a small fee. and

1: to post the image on VGcollect forum from online you need a pc or laptop, then you need a browser and right click the image, and copy image address then paste it to the edit post screen.

2: highlight the URL, and click on the small Mona Lisa painting, and click post. also but you won't need to do that unless you want to post an image off the internet to add it to this forum
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 07:15:36 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

tripredacus

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 11:13:12 am »
Currently we do not have image slots for things besides front and back of box and media images.
You can do your best to describe the other contents of a game in the Description field.

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 10:35:31 am »
Manual and insert image slots would be a great addition to the database. Lots of games, especially newer entries, have alternate and regional artwork for their manuals, as well as reversible box art or just awesome background art.

Although, I wonder if something like that is even necessary. Still, it would be nice to be familiar with all the material a game should come with just in case you decide to go after it.

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 02:20:21 pm »
I can see maybe manuals but let's face it that really isn't necessary.  Plus I'd hate to have the site use more bandwidth then pass those extra costs down to us via ads/etc.  I say keep the site lean and clean.  :)

tripredacus

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 03:14:57 pm »
The difference would be negligible.

desocietas

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 03:53:16 pm »
I'd personally love to see the complete contents of a physical game. It can be a little tough to know (when buying a pre-owned game) if the item is missing anything. We're so used to items not having manuals these days, but sometimes they do! I'd like to know if the item were truly complete without having to scour eBay to piece together info.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas