Author Topic: Lets Name Some Games That Frustrate US To The Point Of Cheating  (Read 1750 times)

Lets Name Some Games That Frustrate US To The Point Of Cheating
« on: September 10, 2017, 05:19:52 am »
I need to get back into the zone with playing some of my retro games because that is what I collect and play for. I often fear a new game because I am afraid of losing after working so hard just to get a game over screen 50 million times over. I hate the way hard and unfair games leave me fatigued and mentally wound up when I don't push the buttons fast enough. I am just not hyper active anymore and most game I have require fast reflexes or precise controller handling

Also some of my games freeze leaving my depressed and paranoid about people hijacking the AI for player movement in which I believe is possible but
 I am going on 29 years old and my love for collecting video games is vary high but actually beating them makes me scared thinking if it is going to run or if I'll run into a glitch mess or something like a racing game where all computers go faster then your  max speed can go and you've got the game on the easy setting. :'(

so I've been sticking to the sims 1 and simcity games currently
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

shadowzero

PRO Supporter

Re: Lets Name Some Games That Frustrate US To The Point Of Cheating
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 12:00:50 pm »
-=-=-=-ENTER THE KONAMI CODE (Gong Crashes)-=-=-=-

Created by Kazuhisa Hashimoto, who was in charge of porting over Gradius to the NES found it too hard to play through for testing.  Now that's frustrating.  So he made what later became known as the KONAMI code to give himself "UNLIMITED POWER"  (sorry emperor Palpatine moment).  Supposedly he "forgot" to remove it.

I would like to say I hardly used codes or game enhancers at all. What I will do sometimes is save state.  Disappearing blocks in Mega Man?  You bet.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 03:15:04 pm by shadowzero »

Agozer

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 02:43:01 pm »
When I was younger, I would use codes all the time. It was not because I sucked at games (although a number of those NES era games kicked my ass so hard), but because I was fascinated by the existence of cheat codes and how they altered the original game(s).

Although I have to agree, I'm one of those people that don't have a fighting chance in games that require fast reflexes or precise movents. Being left handed does me no favors either.

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 02:48:31 pm »
SPACE CHANNEL 5

hardest game ever

and if there would've been any code for Heart of Darkness I would've definitely used them

Limeface

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 06:52:50 pm »
Toy Story on Sega Genesis. While the game has some interesting ideas, ultimately it is another stupidly hard game from the 90s. 

Agozer

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 07:42:29 pm »
What, no one dares to mention the legendary Battletoads?

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 10:40:49 pm »
Siren for the PS2. I had to use codebreaker codes to beat the game because fuck it got hard.

Let's put it this way, sure infinite health gave me a better advantage but the game still got pretty hard at times.

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 01:58:05 am »
Im gonna get flack for this but reading this topic title brought me back to the time when I was playing Black for the PS2 and for the life of me I could not beat the final stage and because I was frustrated and damn near about to quit, I used a codebreaker and finished the game. I just wanted to finish it and nothing more.

kashell

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 08:02:08 am »
Fatal Frame III: The Tormented. I was fine until the final boss fight. The OHKO attack it had was frustrating AF.

telly

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 09:28:47 am »
Medal of Honor: Frontline on Hard is the hardest game I've ever beaten. I did look up a walkthrough for one of the levels, but never used a cheat code for it
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 10:04:04 am »
I am struggling to think of them, but I have done this on a handful of occasions. If the game wants to be cheap as hell, so will I :p

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2017, 10:08:12 am »
For sure I cheated at the final boss of Mega Man X: Command Mission.  I think I've had this conversation on here before that I guess I was playing the boss fight wrong, but the boss kept healing back to max and after fighting for like 5 hours I gave up and reloaded with codebreaker and just dealt 9999 damage per character until eventually he died after about 10 or so turns.

Cheating in general, I've definitely cheated in games like GTA, Punisher, and Goldeneye.  Not because the game is hard, but it's fun.  I'll do a bunch of weird cheats in GTA for fun.  I'll do infinite stuff in Punisher to just destroy people at my own pace as a sort of stress relief.  Goldeneye I'll do infinite and all weapons and do the runway level where enemies spawn infinitely and just run around destroying enemies for like an hour as stress relief.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 10:10:05 am by ignition365 »

insettasport

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2017, 11:06:13 am »
Stuntman for the PlayStation 2. Had to use a cheat device to turn off the time limit on some of the last levels. Took me a few years to even get to the final movie, and that wasn't using cheats.

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2017, 11:43:10 am »
Any game with cryptic puzzles also gta

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2017, 12:40:20 pm »
I guess, in a way, exploiting the AI of a fighting game is cheating...in which case I'm guilty as sin.
But it's hard to see that as cheating when the AI fighters can be so cheap. Increased damage, impossibly quick reflexes, input-reading, super-unfair attacks (Gill, I'm looking at you)...crap like that gives me no choice but to find a hole in the AI and exploit it.

Oh, and that damn microscope puzzle from The 7th Guest. Got to the point where I didn't even bother anymore and just used the clue book in the library to skip it.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 12:42:18 pm by undertakerprime »