Author Topic: The Lease Agreements Of Video Game Companies  (Read 1341 times)

The Lease Agreements Of Video Game Companies
« on: July 29, 2017, 01:10:25 pm »
Does anyone know that with the new US copyright laws in place that have been in place for a while now, give the video game manufactures of most PC video games, the right to recall and take the video games away from us at any given time. (especially the downloadable only video games)

SO what are soe of your emotions on this FACT above people how does THIS make you feel. or do you even read lease agreements like EA's EALU agreement before installing or downloading a video game from off a server >:(
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: The Lease Agreements Of Video Game Companies
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 01:47:08 pm »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:27:04 pm by jce3000gt »

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 02:27:54 pm »
With downloads, in most cases, you're not buying a game. You're buying a license to install and play the game. With some services that license can be revoked. I highly double in 20 years you'll be able plug in your 360 and download games purchased in 2009. They're gone. You don't own anything.

Even if it was within their legal ability to take physical games away from people there's no way any publisher would do that. It would be far too expensive to track down every sold copy and ship them back somewhere. It would probably be more likely they would place a bounty on games to have them sent back.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 02:39:02 pm by badATchaos »

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 04:15:43 pm »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:26:58 pm by jce3000gt »

Warmsignal

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 12:25:10 pm »
I don't like it. It's one reason I stick to owning the more permanent alternative - the physical game. Most anyone who manufactures goods or provides services, I'm sure would love having the power to revoke or make void your purchase so that you'll need it again. I'll never be in favor of any business model that leaves room for that kind of thing. I like buying products that become my property, I don't like to buy permission. I know some people will argue that even physical games are just permission, but let's see them come and revoke it. I'll play it where I want, when I want, lend it to whom I want, sell it if I want, and even rent it out if I feel like it. So ha.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 12:30:30 pm by Warmsignal »

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 08:36:13 am »
speaking of this GOG revoked 3 games my mom payed for me to have as a gift and now that account don't have any access of the games she bought me making digital downloads from GOG stuped.

Don't use GOG after a year they remove all your download rights >:(
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 12:59:53 pm »
GoG is all about downloading as often as you like, as many times as you like, and promotes the hell out of being DRM-free.

If you are banned from downloading at GoG, I can only imagine there's more to the story that's not being told here.

theflea

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 12:35:55 am »
This is one reason i don't support digital only games.
The only games i know of if you download and then they can take it away are games with DRM. Basically if a game requires you to be online to play then its a future dead game.
I have a several games on my 360 that will play without being online. Those might survive as long as I never delete the account its attached too. Best way to find out is disconnect from the internet and see which games still play. Those that do should survive but if it cant then play it now while you can. Lol
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 02:44:06 am »
I'm kinda used to it with the EA access and game pass, I wish I owned the games but it's cheaper lol and as far a games I bought the only games I buy digitally are the ones that only came out as digital.

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2017, 09:32:06 am »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:26:51 pm by jce3000gt »