Author Topic: Lets Name Some Games That Frustrate US To The Point Of Cheating  (Read 1732 times)

Re: Lets Name Some Games That Frustrate US To The Point Of Cheating
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2017, 12:42:57 pm »
TMNT, Rambo, and Total Recall for NES.  Why bother with the last 2?  Probably because I didn't get to choose my entire collection as a kid and the trade factor for these wasn't good.

Another one that comes to mind is Lufia II (the Ancient Cave portion).  The Ancient Cave basically requires you to keep your SNES on for at least 6-8 hours IF you want to get to the Cave's final level (99).  You can always leave, but have to start over at level 1.  One time I had played for 7 or so hours, was on a floor in the high 70s and got wiped out by a freak encounter with 2 wizard-like creatures.  I just stood there staring at my tube TV as all 7 hours of work got wiped away.  I never really cheated to get back down there and to level 99, but nowadays you could just keep save-stating at each level entrance which I would consider a cheat for sure.

It gets fairly intense once you get to the 70th level, trying to find the next staircase down without getting into too many encounters with the strong enemies there.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 12:44:30 pm by northshiver »

Agozer

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2017, 03:24:45 pm »
Someone mentioned Black and someone else Fatal Frame III.

I remember being very frustrated at Black. As good as it was, many enemies seemed to be close to invulnerable. I quite vividly remember shooting certain enemies in the head several times in succession... yet they would only flinch and continue coming at me. And no, they weren't heavily armored or anything like that. I don't remember if I ever beat the game.

As for Fatal Frame III (or rather, Project Zero as I'm used to calling it), while the final boss has that certain one hit kill move and the quick midair lunge attack, that make the fight much harder that it really should be, I was always more annoyed at the candle mechanic that was introduced late in the game. While not certainly a game breaker for me by any means, the candle mechanic also made the game much harder, and made backtracking a really nasty affair if you didn't use the mechanic properly.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 02:55:15 pm by Agozer »

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2017, 03:29:35 pm »
Black is the best fps of its generation and is highly underrated.

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2017, 09:06:30 pm »
This level in Metal Of Honor Frontline where all the bad guys fire bazookas from a sniper position off the current screen is what ruined the fun in that game. the only Medal of honor games I beat are Vanguard and European assault,

Still remember cussing at the game on Vanguard at the vary last stage where countless enemies come in for like 10 minutes  and after that the game is over but at least it was possible for me to beat vanguard happy
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

leonefamily

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2017, 08:17:08 am »
Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3. This game is so badly coded that one of the boss require an amount of money that is greater than the game's limit, making the trigger impossible. In other words, to finish this game you MUST use hacks!
Freeze iou imperialist pig! Zat is ze propertay of ze Gouvernement Français. Hand eet over!