Author Topic: What kind of non-video game things do you add to your collection?  (Read 1132 times)

What kind of non-video game things do you add to your collection?
« on: September 13, 2017, 12:27:48 pm »
Hi everyone, I'd like to know/see what kind of merchandise you collect alongside your game collections. I personally like to grab any soundtracks, posters, artwork booklets, replica weaponry, and promotional material if they're available. Just some stuff to add livelihood to my collection once I can get it displayed.
Any other things you feel are worth getting?

Re: What kind of non-video game things do you add to your collection?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 12:50:09 pm »
I love posters and ad verts although they take up a lot of wall space.  And I also like any collector's edition statues and plushes.  They add dimension and flare to a collection :) 

tripredacus

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 03:18:32 pm »
Usually just books. On a related note, I will buy media storage if I see it at thrift, and it fits certain designs. Specifically any cassette storage that is wall mountable, or those 3 drawer wooden dealies. CD storage only applies to wall mountable units as well so that spines can be read. Towers need not apply.

azure

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 03:37:25 pm »
I tend to lean towards artbooks, and the occasional collectible. I do have a couple of promo items as well.

telly

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 04:33:22 pm »
All I have are a couple amiibo and one strategy guide. It's never been something that I've been big on, but I would like to get some more stuff when I build an awesome game room :)
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

Warmsignal

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 05:37:07 pm »
Just amiibos, the Super Mario series mainly.

anagar

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 08:53:28 pm »
Art books, strategy guides, posters/lithos, figures/toys/amiibos and key chains. My family tends to throw little gifts my way from time to time
like graphic tees, crafts from the farmers market, and my sis and I have matching PS4 controllers necklaces. 
PSN,Wii U/NID:ANA_GAR XBL:ANAGARXB 3DS/FC:4441-9981-8329

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 01:17:27 am »
I have so many posters that it's becoming a problem. A lot of people here have a backlog of games they need to crack open. I have a backlog of posters I need to add to the database. :-[
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 03:30:43 am »
Pretty much any related merchandise, though stuff like soundtracks in particular is pretty cool

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 10:22:41 am »
Plushes, promo materials such as store standees and posters, wall scrolls, statues, actions figures, and console boxes.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 08:38:40 pm »
signs,artwork,statues,lights,any swag i can get my hands on ect...

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2017, 11:13:56 pm »
I buy toys.  I don't mean to.  I just like to buy He-Man and Ninja Turtles when I see them for cheap.  It makes me smile to pick them up.

shepard11

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2017, 02:56:56 pm »
I have almost as many action figures as I do games. Mostly He-man or Mega Man related. I also have a large collection of guides and artbooks too.